I'm ashamed of driving my Cavalier - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I'm ashamed of driving my Cavalier
Friday, November 06, 2015 10:12 AM
It looks terrible, even though I took care of it, the interior looks like crap, is all super cracked everywhere. The upper dash is cracked, there are holes in it, and the pieces have fallen inside. The central dash (where the radio is) is already so cracked, that if I were to give a little push, it would break into pieces. The driver and passenger plastic doors are all scratched and cracked. I always made sure to clean it once a week with the proper material, and it didn't help.

The exterior looks just as bad, if not worse, mostly because of clearcoat peeling. I have always made sure to wash the car once a week, but this still happened, probably because of @!#$ty paint and living in Miami. These past 2 years has gotten worse than ever. I have seen older cars, that don't have this problem.

The other day, I was trying to clean the interior, removing dirt, trying to minimize the scratches, and cracks. I was cleaning it outside my the doors opened, and then a young dude in a mercedes passed by, and he gave me a dirty look, like, he was laughing at my face, and basically saying, what is this poor @!#$ doing, trying to fix/clean that @!#$ty car, and I stopped for a second, and thought, what the @!#$ am I doing.. I literally felt disgusted, like I'm wasting my @!#$ time, this isn't gonna get fixed, and threw away all my cleaning tools inside the car, said @!#$ this @!#$, shut the door, and went inside.

I want a nicer car so badly, but I don't want to get in debt, my credit is still average, and I don't have enough money to buy a good car with cash, and still have savings for anything else. I not longer work on the cavalier, I do all the maintenance and @!#$, but the cosmetic parts, I don't give a @!#$ about anymore, I don't even wash it, and like once a month, maybe I'll take it through $6 the automatic car wash lol

makes no sense to spends on something that already looks like @!#$, and it isn't gonna get any better. I cannot even sell it, they would give me pocket change.

Re: I'm ashamed of driving my Cavalier
Friday, November 06, 2015 10:12 PM
Well, is it saving you money over a car payment?

Stop worrying about what is cool and save your money. I'm sure that guy has 300-800 dollar car payments too that could be spent on other stuff too.

We drive a Cavalier and a Cobalt....suits me just fine. When I feel the actual urge to buy something, then I'll spend that money...

Much more important to work on my house and go places with family/friends than worry about stuff like that.....

And yes, the Cav still gets a good wash and wax every six months, 12 years old or not.........

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Saturday, November 07, 2015 2:11 PM
Dave Z wrote:Well, is it saving you money over a car payment?

Stop worrying about what is cool and save your money. I'm sure that guy has 300-800 dollar car payments too that could be spent on other stuff too.

We drive a Cavalier and a Cobalt....suits me just fine. When I feel the actual urge to buy something, then I'll spend that money...

Much more important to work on my house and go places with family/friends than worry about stuff like that.....

And yes, the Cav still gets a good wash and wax every six months, 12 years old or not.........

I realize most of the people driving these newer, more luxurious vehicles are in debt, and in most cases leasing, but that's now how you see it in real life.

For example, when you see a guy driving a lambo, does it matter how he got it? finance, lease, a friend, rental, it doesn't matter, he is the ones driving it, and you are not.

It really annoys how some of these people think they are above you, just because they drive something more expensive, especially this faggot gave a look, that I never received before, it really pissed me off.

I know there are more important things in life, but is impossible to resist those urges, and wishes. Who wouldn't to drive or own something that is nicer, more refined, faster, etc.
Sunday, November 08, 2015 7:31 AM
Sunday, November 08, 2015 9:32 PM
dam, we only get like two of these a year, go make fun of the stance-kids they'll give you better reactions

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Sunday, November 08, 2015 11:25 PM
You guys realize that satan is sanatas in German and Latin. The name gives it away. Just like joes. Joes is the name of a band.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:40 AM
Rob Dotterer wrote:You guys realize that satan is sanatas in German and Latin. The name gives it away. Just like joes. Joes is the name of a band.

So?

It doesn't make my statement any less truthful

The cavalier sucks, and its prone to a bunch of problems, more than other cars around the same year. I shouldn't have to spend $150 just to cover the stupid cracks on the dash. I shouldn't have to spend hundreds if not thousands, just to repair GM @!#$ty paint job.
Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:21 PM
Well, why don't you just sell it and buy something "better"?
Anything is prone to problems when you don't maintain them.
Wednesday, November 11, 2015 12:50 AM
Buy a BMW with money you don't have to impress people that don't care. This is the solution.
Saturday, November 28, 2015 1:27 PM
Nicholas Reilly wrote:Well, why don't you just sell it and buy something "better"?
Anything is prone to problems when you don't maintain them.

I'd be lucky if they pay me 1k for the car, and also, most decent cars nowadays, cost more than 10k

When I mean decent, I'm talking about cars from 2010 year and beyond, where they have better quality interior and also exterior paint , those cars especially decent mileage don't go below 10k if that. It's not easy to save 10k cash, and still have savings for the future.

There is no way I'm getting other car, and have it to be another compact with crappy interior. I'm more interested in the interior than anything else, this is where you and the passengers spend all your time in, nothing else really matter as much
Sunday, November 29, 2015 5:43 AM

Friday, December 11, 2015 5:12 AM
That's too bad. People don't believe I have a Cavalier, they think it is that nice. I worked hard to make it look like it is and it is paying off.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 2:38 PM
So if u are so ashamed of it why did you even buy it then .... On another note you can do anything to make the cars interior better maybe if you try working on it rather then coming on here and complaining about how cappy it is maybe you would get something accomplished.. There's plenty of places to look on here and see how well they can be upgraded from stock and as for the cheap plastic last time I checked these cars weren't a 300,000 dollar supercar with outrageous payments. Your loss bud try doing some real research if that's what you are looking for.
Wednesday, December 23, 2015 8:28 PM
This guy reminds me of the idiots on

http://www.cruisersforum.com/

who complain about the carbon footprint and how they're better than others who have bigger boats than them.

Argh....

If you don't like your Cavalier, go crawl back under your rock !

Meanwhile, gas is cheap. Go have some fun before ISIS chops off your head !
Friday, December 25, 2015 4:12 AM
It is the holiday season why not hang out at the mall giving some extra hand jobs in the family bathrooms to tired husbands....this way you can save money for something better and have a good time.

Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:24 AM
This is wonderful reading I must say...

My cavalier is a piece of junk too, paint like you said, interior all cracked, blah, blah, blah, blah. Whatever.

Here's why I keep it:
- 30+ MPG
- 5-speed w/ short throw
- parts are abundant and dirt cheap ($40 for new brakes, $50 for a wheel hub, etc.)
- gets me from A --> B
- put 115k miles on her in 5 years and have never touched the motor for anything (intake doesn't count)
- seat folds down and fits 5 snowboards plus bags during trips to the mountain
- chrome wheels look OK
- no payment
-dirt cheap insurance ($1000 a year)

If you hate it, get a new car. I have just learned to appreciate the conveniences that it provides despite it's appearance. When I do buy a new car (in the next year or so) I'm going to restore this car and make it the way I always wanted it to be just because it was such a good car that it got me to the point that I am today. Any car lover can appreciate a car's worth after driving hundreds of thousands of miles with little problems; despite the way it appears.

Life is simply a matter of perspective.
Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:32 AM
As she sits today, paint chipping and all
Attachments
cavy.jpg (1853k)

Sunday, February 28, 2016 6:05 PM
weird reading this because my 2001 cavalier z24 is the newest model year I've ever owned, I've never had the luxury of working AC and hot heat and good gas mileage before this car. My interior and exterior is in pretty good shape but engine wise its not the best. autozone coil pack housings keep cracking, stupid ignition design, previous owner hacked up the exhaust to no end for a turbo install that he never finished. a bunch of stupid stuff but as a whole it is a decent drive with a 5 speed.
Saturday, March 05, 2016 5:22 AM
Brad , my Buddy just looked at your pic , your car isnt that bad , at least in the photo , id can imagine how the Florida sun can do alot of damage to a paintjob and interior plastisc that are exposed , but for a 15 year old car it aint bad looking at all

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search