Bashed in bumper repair, quarter glass conversion - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bashed in bumper repair, quarter glass conversion
Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:24 AM
Fiberglass J-body vs telephone pole. End result is not pretty. This doesn't look like too daunting of a repair. I need to remount the bumper, and then patch up and repaint it. Also, I have a friend who introduced the idea of converting the Sunfire rear glass to Cavalier rear glass, so I'm going to do that all at once. The upper quarter panel was removed when I bought the car because the guy who painted it thought it was a good idea to remove it??? Anyway, it's all coming off to make way for the extended glass, and I'm getting the interior panels, exterior applique, and quarter glass for both sides for $100. So why not?
Attachments
uncovering an ugly truth.jpg (69k)
20799909_2040707355955296_4084758013122958471_n.jpg (70k)
bashed.jpg (89k)

Re: Bashed in bumper repair, quarter glass conversion
Sunday, November 12, 2017 10:38 PM
I'm going to do the quarter glass conversion soon, this week in fact. I have the Cavalier glass, the interior Cavlier panels, and the applique panels (the panels that go on the body to conform to the glass, fender, and roof. Pics coming soon! This is going to look @!#$ sexy as hell. And the best part? On an OEM car, I betcha the average crowd would have no @!#$ clue.
Re: Bashed in bumper repair, quarter glass conversion
Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:22 PM
Change of plans. Bumper is destroyed. Got rear ended. Anyone here done any custom plastic rear bumpers before? Any pointers on material to use? I have an idea to round off the back almost entirely so there's no ledge or visible bumper out the back. Bumper would be basically flush with the trunk.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search