05 Cavalier Questions - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
05 Cavalier Questions
Sunday, May 22, 2022 6:46 PM
Few questions... I'm not trying to mod or do anything special, just trying to get my ride looking a bit less rough around the edges by cleaning it up and replacing parts that are cracked, faded, or otherwise looking like a sore thumb.

1. Is there a way to clean the stock front grille emblem? I'm a complete noob when it comes to working on vehicles and am afraid of breaking the plastic... if it comes off, how is it removed, what's a good way to clean it, and if it's stuck on with an adhesive how do you re-attach it?
2. What is the trunk lid backup/reflector panel called and where can I find an OEM-style replacement?
3. My side moulding looks horrible, I'm not sure if this is sun damage, weathering, or what? What would be the proper way to make it look like new?

See attached pictures for reasons... ugly front emblem, cracked/glued truck lid panel, rough side moulding.

Thanks

PS: Yes, that's an after-market left taillight... the trim around it used to be a matching red but the sun has yellowed it and I'll likely be replacing it before too long too.
Attachments
image.png (512k)
image.png (1316k)
image.png (619k)
image.png (341k)

Re: 05 Cavalier Questions
Saturday, June 04, 2022 10:18 AM
You can go to your local Chevy dealer parts department. They should be able to look up anything you need. They can give you the parts numbers of just about anything, even if some things happen to be discontinued. Once you have the part numbers, you can look online at numerous GM Parts suppliers. Ebay often has some NOS parts listed from time to time. Getting those part numbers is your key to finding things the dealers may no longer be able to get.
Good luck in your search.
Re: 05 Cavalier Questions
Tuesday, March 28, 2023 9:32 AM
my emblem fell off on my 03. but i just left it

the center piece on the trunk lid is easiest picked up from a scrap yard.

the side molding in my opinion, looks best removed. but i imagine you could sand them, primer them and repaint them.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search