How hard to mold plexi!! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How hard to mold plexi!!
Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:53 AM
How hard is it to mold plexi-glass....I've seen a lot a nice work in here with clearefd plexi headlight so i'd like to try it myself.... If anyone could give me tips and how-to it woul be appreciated!!!

1st tip, DON'T
Sunday, March 06, 2005 5:32 PM
use Plexiglass. Seriously, use a Polycarbonate (such as Dupont / Lexan) it will not break as easily as plexiglass.

Sorry, other than that, can't help you.
Re: 1st tip, DON'T
Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:37 PM
You have to make a mold, then put the plexiglass in the oven at like 200-250 degrees just so it gets pliable, then wrap it around the mold.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:58 PM
I've also been considering making my own clear headlights,but cannnot seem to find a good link to a "how to". Also, where would you get polycarbonate(?)? And does it scratch easy? I sorta remember lexan scratching just by running a rag over it so i dont think that would work too well. I assume poly is what's on all cars headlights?
Thanks for any help! Hope to see someones work soon!
Friday, March 24, 2006 3:20 PM
WOW! it's been a year! i didn't realize i was still subscribed to this. Has anyone come up with a how to link yet? I know IZN TRBL makes clear lenses, but i am a huge DIY kinda guy. I know i saw a link somewhere on how to make clear headlight lenses-it was an off j-body link though. Meaning it was on here, but sent you somewhere else.

anyone? . . .
Friday, March 24, 2006 4:43 PM
Just buy the lenses from Josh at IZN TRBL... saves you from having to make your own Vacuum former, and go through the loss of all the test plexi.

My Car Domain
Friday, March 24, 2006 5:43 PM
I've had pretty good success vac molding lexan....

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search