gm spoiler..sunfire..any pics? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gm spoiler..sunfire..any pics?
Friday, May 05, 2006 11:02 AM
ive been curious to see what gm's spoiler for the sunfire looks...anyone have that one?

Re: gm spoiler..sunfire..any pics?
Friday, May 05, 2006 11:29 AM
I used to have a pic of it. Lost it though. It sorta looks like the GXP spoiler. I also saw it at my Pontiac dealer ship in the accessories book for the sunfire. But I was told that the divison for the Fires has been shut down. Its looks pretty good, plus they painted it to match, mounted it and gave a 3 year warrenty.

Friday, May 05, 2006 11:30 AM
appearently you can still purchase it though the gm accessories site, but you need to find a pontiac dealer with a road shop to actually get the part.

Friday, May 05, 2006 11:43 AM
right on...yea i just called two dealerships and just asked a simple question about that

spoiler.... will it still be using my existing 3brake light which would be cheaper....one guy

said.."that spoiler might not even fit your 05"...and the other says " i see in my computer that they all!! come with the brake light"
HELLO! i see on the website

Spoiler - With Stop Lamp, Black
$199.00

Spoiler - With-out Stop Lamp, Primed
$139.00

geez sales these days
Friday, May 05, 2006 11:47 AM
Yea I think you are just gunna have to make a trip to the dealership and look at their accessories book for the 03+ fires. The pic in the catalog shows a fire with the lip kit, spoiler, new seats, rims, etc. If they have the book take it from there. I'm thinking I'm gunna go back today and see if I can get a copy of the catalog.

Friday, May 05, 2006 11:48 AM
Also for reference, they may be talking about the factory original spoiler and not the "GM Performance" style spoiler.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 3:56 PM
Im very interested in seeing this spoiler....

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:44 PM
The Pontiac dealership down the street from me is closing down. Hopfully someone has one close by to get their hands on the performance upgrades for the sunfires. I wish I still had the pic though, damn, plus I wish I still purchased the spoiler before the roadshop closed down. Damn. lol

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:26 PM
CLICK ME

The spoiler on the Silver Fire is the one that was/is offered by GM. It is the "Sporty" version, I fear that the part number though on the GM Accessories site is not the number for this spoiler, but for the factory replacement. My dealership had the spoiler in stock and ready to go but they wanted almost $350 to color match it, mount it etc. But at the time I didn't have the money and kept saying "I'll get it later". Hopfully if someone has a GM dealer close by them with the Roadshop, they can check to see if they still had the Sunfire Performance Upgrade catalog. But like I said I believe the division was shut down due to lack of instrest, that and no one would spend all that money for a spoiler. IMO I would, but thats just me. lol.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:30 AM
Well hopefully enough were made that they will still be available. I plan to buy the lip kit pretty soon if I can, and had thought about the spoiler too but will probably just remain spoilerless.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:50 PM
If I remember correctly, the catalog showed the spolier as $400 shipped and primed. So $350 painted and reinstalled isn't bad at all. And the lip kit was about $1400, again only shipped and primed. Someone sold one on the classifieds a little while ago (JoeDM I think, might be wrong), but besides that I've never seen them on eBay or online anywhere.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:53 PM
The spoiler on the silver 'Fire...is that the EXACT one that GM Parts direct is selling for 349.00? I've seen pictures of it before but don't remember it looking NEARLY that amazing!

Friday, May 12, 2006 1:16 PM
Agent Omega wrote:The spoiler on the silver 'Fire...is that the EXACT one that GM Parts direct is selling for 349.00? I've seen pictures of it before but don't remember it looking NEARLY that amazing!

It should be, when I was at the road shop last year, they had the poster of a blue sunfire with the lip kit and spoiler. They also sold everything together as a package. I'm hopin someone can track it down, because like I said the road shop near me shut down and partsdirect doesn't have any pics so it maybe the OEM replacement, the only reason I say that is because I came across chromed grills for the 03+ fires, but their part number started with "Performance" then the number.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search