MMS Lambo Doors.. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MMS Lambo Doors..
Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:38 AM
Okay, yes i have searched for the problem already, so dont say for me to search. i put both my hinges on my car. they are brand new never used. the passenger one is perfect. doesnt hit the fender. the driver side for some reason hits the fender? Anyone know a way i can fix this without messing with the fender.

Also, without the sideskirts they are fine. wheni go to put the sideskirt on, it hits that. does anyone know if maybe i put washers between the hinge and body, to pull it out, if it will help me at at all? It would pull it away from the body more and might even make it better. but i dont know if my door will sit differently.

Also, driver side shock, shoots the door right up, is that because it is brand new or whats up?

Alot of questions i know, but i have to leave tomm. for wildwood and need my car. maybe you guys all can help me and give me hints on this. first time install lambo doors. just let me know options or opinions.

thank you
ryan

Re: MMS Lambo Doors..
Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:45 AM
SEARCH!

jk........ i assume you didnt take your fenders off to install? i personally would have, then you could have had them line up exactly like stock. if you can, i would pull the fender off, line the door exactly where it needs to be, tape it in place, and rebolt. shim as needed.

although it will be tougher now as opposed to if you did it from the start

the driver door shoots up most likely because it is such a new shock

If you have CF engine bay pieces, SELL THEM TO ME!

Built Not Bought
Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:48 AM
both my fenders were off when i did it. one hits. the other doesnt.

and did anyone use there inner fender with these. becuase i know i cant use mine. i have an 02 by the way.
Thursday, September 20, 2007 8:32 PM
my buddy 97cfcav put those on his 97 and his did the same thing. all he did tho was just keep adjusting them until he got it...good luck man

Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:05 PM
You have o fiddle with them..its not a 100% easy bolt on..but it helps if you do it the way joey said to...
Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:16 PM
the way joey said is actually (from everything i hear) a great way to do it. i wish i'd heard of it before i did mine a couple years ago. the only time i had any rubbing issues though was when my pinch weld (in the front where the fender bolts to it) was bent out. it pushed the whole fender out a little and made it rub. i just put the car up on a lift at school and beat it back to where it needed to be with a hammer. never rubbed since.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:19 PM
ive been trying to get this damn door to work for how long now. im having the worst time with leaks and everything. the door gets lined up PERFECT without the shock on. then when i go and put the shock on, it sucks the bottom in and then pulls the top out, and therefore i get leaks because its not sealed correctly. it has to do with shock, because it also makes noises on the way up and down. i think the bottom peice might be welded on an angle, therefore it makes it rough for the shock to be straight, and it makes noises then, and also will pull trhe bottom in. just let me know what you guys suggest. im getting fed up with this stuff
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search