Colored Valve Covers - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Colored Valve Covers
Sunday, January 13, 2008 1:36 AM
How are you guys coloring your valve covers? Power coating?

Re: Colored Valve Covers
Sunday, January 13, 2008 1:45 AM
yes. some of them paint them also. but powder coating is the most durable way of doing it. somebody ( i dont think from here) used to sell powder coated valve covers for a very good price on ebay. you could get them for the 2.2, 2200, LD9 and the Ecotec and you could get it almost any color you wanted i believe

Sunday, January 13, 2008 2:19 AM
theres a few on ebay right now.. just search "cavalier valvle cover" most are the 2.2 ohv but they'r there

Sunday, January 13, 2008 6:41 AM
Wojo wrote:yes. some of them paint them also. but powder coating is the most durable way of doing it. somebody ( i dont think from here) used to sell powder coated valve covers for a very good price on ebay. you could get them for the 2.2, 2200, LD9 and the Ecotec and you could get it almost any color you wanted i believe

i've heard some bad reviews on those covers. there's a thread in the ecotec forum about it. can't find it as the forum is currently down.

i've got mine powdercoated. cost about $60.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 6:49 AM
can you just take them off and put them back on?? There is oil in there right? so i would make a big mess while takign it off? I've never done that before and think it would be nice to know if i decide to do it. also do i need to buy new seals? I have an ecotec

http://www.jbodytuner.com
^^ The real jbody store and forums!!!!!
Sunday, January 13, 2008 1:47 PM
here's ecotec forum thread.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:05 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Monday, January 14, 2008 2:08 PM
yeah mines powdercoated, then airbrushed overtop of that. your best option really depends on you yourself. if your not the type to go banging around your engine bay then paints just fine. if yoru more a clutz powdercoating will be a bit more durable.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:15 AM
All paint here...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:10 PM
Just regular hi-temp engine paint?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:04 PM
On my 95 neon i just pulled my vc off, cleaned it up & sprayed it with some krylon "fusion" spray paint. Thats been working fine for about 3-4 months so far. Your valve cover shouldn't get THAT hot... should it? The reason I used fusion is cause I was also doing my intake manifold, and they're plastic on neons.
Just my 2¢
Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:53 AM
my 2.4 idi cover gets really hot

I'm back from the dead.
Currently Driving: RSX Type-S.
My Cavalier Burnt up :-(
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search