Tail lights for 2004 cav..need opinions - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tail lights for 2004 cav..need opinions
Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:33 PM
so i am wondering if those aftermarket altezza tail lights u can get on ebay for like 200$ are actually worth it, im loking at the black ones...just want peoples opinons these are them...

Re: Tail lights for 2004 cav..need opinions
Sunday, February 24, 2008 11:09 PM
personally i think it's just as ugly as the stock piece...thats the first thing i got rid of when I got my 04....i put in altezzas for a 99 which were only like $60 on ebay and closed up the remaining holes in the trunk lid.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:18 AM

Junkyard trunk - $30, Junkyard taillights - $20, Paint - $150+ original trunk and lights

Spoiler - $100 Couldnt find it anywhere else so i took that price up the @ss.

Thats always an option and its a direct swap. Or you could go with the RKsport CF filler and your choice of 95-02 taillights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:21 AM

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:54 AM
my opinion that would be worse than stock
i'd say do like tinkles and myself. either buy a different trunk, trade someone who actually wants it, or fill the remaining holes after you remove the center light bar..or of course get one of these

entirely up to you tho

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:18 AM
The guy who did my paint gets quite a few wreaked cavy's and fixes them, so he took my trunk and lights as part of the payment. That pic was right after my cuzin and i finished installing it and i was loading the old lid up to drop it off.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:04 PM
does anyone have any pics of those lights on thier cars?
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:20 PM
I've never seen that tail light kit on a car...wonder why. Altezzas are gross, and if you want to go with altezzas then I would say to find some altezzas from the 2000 cav and then do what everyone is saying and fill the gap. I have never seen altezzas on an '04 Cav.
Anyone else hate it when DSM owners get those nasty altezza tails for their '95 eclipses? It drives me nuts! And they all have them!!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Gerkn

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:39 PM
I used the tails and center bezel from a 4 door Sunfire. I had the 2002 tails with painted covers, but I didn't like em.
Here are some pics to give you an idea.

2002 tails with covers

2000 Sunfire 4 door tails

Here is the Rk Sport one on a car

Thursday, February 28, 2008 3:30 PM
marcel lemieux wrote:so i am wondering if those aftermarket altezza tail lights u can get on ebay for like 200$ are actually worth it, im loking at the black ones...just want peoples opinons these are them...

imo they look great on the 04 (really depends on color) but hey teach is own and beuaty is in the eye of the beholder. the lights have a gasket thats a bit thick but using oem seal will help. I should know i have one of the proto types form over 31/2 years ago and everyone who sees the car in person loves them cause not many people have them period. The black ones look great the chrome is objectional.

Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:33 AM
My opinions about the tail lights from ebay are cool and I would buy them and put them on my Cavalier. All the other tail lights I was looking for are all for the years 1999-2003, but not for the 04 Cavaliers. I'm still deciding on buying the tail lights from ebay but I'm not sure yet.

swissbeats
Saturday, March 01, 2008 9:26 AM
swissbeats wrote:My opinions about the tail lights from ebay are cool and I would buy them and put them on my Cavalier. All the other tail lights I was looking for are all for the years 1999-2003, but not for the 04 Cavaliers. I'm still deciding on buying the tail lights from ebay but I'm not sure yet.

your kidding right? 1995 to 2005 cavalier tail lights are interchangable ... as well as all toyota cavalier tails no matter what year you got it from as long as its fron 95-05 " not for and 04" come one man .. have you looked at the 03 cav and 04 cav or even 05 cavs?

Saturday, March 01, 2008 9:39 AM
I just painted my stock tail unit... I like it and a lot of other local people like them too. I want to do something different with the center bowtie though....

Sunday, March 02, 2008 1:13 AM
2000 Sunfire 4 door tails

That one is surprisingly hot. I might have to look into that one myself some day.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search