Cavalier Xplosion Body Kit?? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier Xplosion Body Kit??
Sunday, February 24, 2008 8:03 PM
So I have a 01 LS, and I thought this body kit was kinda unique, I haven't really seen too many Cavi's w/ this kit. I do see that it is listed as a 95-99 kit, and they said that 95-99 headlights are needed?.. LINK
Do I HAVE to have 95-99 headlights, or is there a fairly easy way that my 00-02 headlights will work?

And what do you all think of it?

Thanks for any input.

Re: Cavalier Xplosion Body Kit??
Sunday, February 24, 2008 8:35 PM
That's a pretty sweet kit dosent say if it's urthane or not,ya pretty sure you need the 00 head lights without modification

Monday, February 25, 2008 6:05 AM
i have the xplosion rear....

as for the kit and the headlights, you can modify the front bumper to fit 00-02 headlights by simply cutting the bumper down so they fit. The bumper is all that controls what headlights you use, the hood and fenders are the exact same, so depending on what headlights you want, all depends on the bumper itself

Monday, February 25, 2008 7:26 AM
ya it is definitely poly, i wouldn't go any other way.
how much trimming is actually needed? because i do have the stock 00-02 headlights now, but i have black ones on the way, still 00-02 and i do want to use them

i just dont want to get myself in a pickle, lol because i will be trimming it myself, and am just gonna have it painted at a shop..

isnt there just a headlight bracket that has to be cut? or no
Monday, February 25, 2008 7:57 AM
I was looking at it some kits on there say if theyre urathane that one dosent and is pretty cheap might be fibreglass did u ask them?

Monday, February 25, 2008 10:08 AM
You would just have to trim the top of the bumper below where the headlights are. You don't have to do anything to the car or headlights, just some trimming on the bumper. As for how much I have no idea never done it before, looks like its only an inch or so.

Monday, February 25, 2008 10:17 AM
StreetDreamZz wrote:The bumper is all that controls what headlights you use, the hood and fenders are the exact same, so depending on what headlights you want, all depends on the bumper itself

not true. the 95-99s have different corner lense brackets. if he was doing the swap then he would need a different bracket.

Monday, February 25, 2008 2:32 PM
a different bracket,.. that sucks, and i really dont wanna wire in the older 2 bulb headlights

i know there IS a version of this kit in poly if this one is not, its a flex-fiber one, was around the same price though, when i looked.

it would be nice if there was just a straight 00-02 version of this kit
Monday, February 25, 2008 6:00 PM
it s not that hard there sould be a section under each light on the bumper that is higher than the rest of the bumper just trim that off should give you the room needed but go with the poly kit if you can

[IMG]http://www.jbody.org/members/image/whyte01cavy/[IMG]
Monday, February 25, 2008 6:30 PM
ok, another question. could i just put in 95-99 headlights, but only have just the 1 bulb that is already there working, so i would not have to rewire anything?
or would it even screw in?

would the older headlights need another bracket, or just one for the corners, like mentioned above? and would it come w/ the lights?
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:32 AM
I have this kit, only ever saw 2 others with it and that was on here. It shouldnt be too hard to modify to fit your headlights, as soon as it warms up i need to cut mine down because it pushes my headlights up and i have a 98, and Im still working on fitting side skirts they were pretty off. Mine is fiberglass though. Good luck with it!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:27 AM
whered you see the urathane one for around that price I'd like to check it out!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:35 PM
well the question is do you like your 00-02 head lights over the 95-99s if so swap out not sure on brackets needed,also my buddie and I put that kit on his 97 last summer looks like him and Jcondo got it from the same co. both yellow jell coats. but you see under each light it rises up just have level that down for the 00-02 head lights to fit .

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:02 PM
So heres the link for the poly kit LINKY
its got a good price on it, and I do really like the 00-02 headlights, especially the black ones.

so it looks like i would be trimming it down, and it shouldn't have nearly as much fitment issues as a fiberglass one would have

Maybe i would get some different side skirts, but i like the front & rear, that lip on the front would look good wrapped in c/f
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:50 PM
trimming it wont be bad just stop at the end of the corner lights where the fender meets should be pretty flush if done wright, also keep us posted on the install of the side skirts,would like to know if the poly goes on easy, we had fun getting the glass ones on his warped bad. I have heard good thing s about the flex fiber kits .

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:39 PM
Tommy wrote:I have heard good thing s about the flex fiber kits .

be careful who you order them through though. My rear was absolute @!#$. They put the bumper in the mold and must have had a bunch of places it wasn't totaly flush so they put a cheap primer filler on it which ALL CAME OFF when we sanded it down...absolute @!#$ and they wouldn't take it back because we had "touched" it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search