How many bolts on front bumper? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How many bolts on front bumper?
Monday, September 29, 2008 6:49 PM
Someone have a straight photo of the 2003+ Cavalier front bumper and can they circle where the bolts are? I know there are 2 on each side (fender) but i think there are some where the crushguard or foam. My bumper is sagging in the front which causes me to scrape and would like to take it off to see, but i'm unsure where all the bolts are located.
Just a pic with circles around them would be great. Thanks guys

Re: How many bolts on front bumper?
Monday, September 29, 2008 7:09 PM
There's either 2 or 4 that attach it to the impact bar under the foam.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 3:15 AM
i dont have a pic and i never removed an 03+ bumper but seeing as they fit all js from 95-05 i cant see how the 03 would be different. anyway behind each headlight is 2 bolts that hold the front bumper to the fender. under the rad cover, there are 4 push pins and in each wheell well there are 3 bolts.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 3:36 AM
There are about 6-8 7mm screws holding the wheel well liner to the bumper and 3 bolts on each side of the fender, 1 is holding the little peice that goes up behind the headlight on the 03s, to take up the space from the 2000-2002 cavs using the same fender. I found it easier to take the headlights out. Then there is 2 bolts on top of the rebar(impact bar) that is just a metal bracket that goes to the top of the bumper grille. Just unbolt those 2 bolts on the rebar. You can pull the middle grille filler piece out, and unbolt the crushguard from the bumper, but i've found its easier to leave it on there. Next I know on base bumpers, unsure on LS Sport, i don't remember removing the clips on my LS Sport but the base bumper i have has 2 "flaps" that go to the bottom of the rebar that are held onto by 2 push in retainers.

if you want i can take a picture of my car and circle locations of bolts so you know, it would have to be either tonight if i get home early enough or tommorrow after work when i dont have class

Thursday, October 02, 2008 1:39 PM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:i dont have a pic and i never removed an 03+ bumper but seeing as they fit all js from 95-05 i cant see how the 03 would be different. anyway behind each headlight is 2 bolts that hold the front bumper to the fender. under the rad cover, there are 4 push pins and in each wheell well there are 3 bolts.

there are however no push pins on the 03+ models and like 6 7mm screws on the fender liners (fender well and bottom)

Thursday, October 02, 2008 6:34 PM
Here ya go.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search