Carbon Fenders?? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Carbon Fenders??
Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:09 PM
If anyone knows they are on this forum.....anyone manufacture/distribute carbon fiber fenders for 04 Cavaliers? I found a website a few months ago, forgot to favorite it and cannot find it now. Any direction is appreciated. I realize the best case scenario would be carbon laid over fiberglass but any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Right place, wrong time, right person, wrong situation

Re: Carbon Fenders??
Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:52 PM
i believe nopi still sells them

Friday, November 14, 2008 6:12 AM
I think class glass does as well, but they put a black gelcoat on everything now.......

Friday, November 14, 2008 7:42 AM
cgp never made fenders for our cars

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:24 AM
thats right.....they made the doors.

my bad.

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:34 AM
So far no luck...contacted Jason at A+ who doesnt have 'em but provided some appreciated insight. Found alot for pre '03 but none '03 +. Two options down, three to call on. Thanks for the efforts. Still open for direction if anyone knows. Its my understanding that in the event I opt to go pre '03 I would need to swap hoods, fenders and bumper. Am I correct in this assumption? This is a cloudy recollection of all the searching I have done. Also, would '03 + lamps fit in pre '03 front with either removal or addition of the evermentioned 'clip' for the lamp assembly? With that said, its probably not worth the time and $$ but I think CF front on a black cav would look pretty ill should I get this project off the ground. Thoughts?

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:53 AM
the fenders are all the same for 95-05.

Friday, November 14, 2008 9:11 AM
yup. pic up the 00-02, and they bolt right into the 03+ models. 95-99 have a headlight bracket that would need to be removed.

Friday, November 14, 2008 11:29 AM
Thanks! John, where in Pittsburgh you located?

Friday, November 14, 2008 11:38 AM
Just south of Pittsburgh, you?

Friday, November 14, 2008 12:53 PM
I'm out in Robinson Twp./Oakdale area.

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:08 PM
I work out by the airport, pm me sometime.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 5:25 AM
Shaun Vincenti wrote:So far no luck...contacted Jason at A+ who doesnt have 'em but provided some appreciated insight. Found alot for pre '03 but none '03 +. Two options down, three to call on. Thanks for the efforts. Still open for direction if anyone knows. Its my understanding that in the event I opt to go pre '03 I would need to swap hoods, fenders and bumper. Am I correct in this assumption? This is a cloudy recollection of all the searching I have done. Also, would '03 + lamps fit in pre '03 front with either removal or addition of the evermentioned 'clip' for the lamp assembly? With that said, its probably not worth the time and $$ but I think CF front on a black cav would look pretty ill should I get this project off the ground. Thoughts?

look up brisk. he had a pretty crazy cf setup on a black car, someone else bought the car here dunno what name its under now.

Monday, November 17, 2008 6:22 PM
hehe i got CF fenders thier just sittin in the garage on my white cavy tryin to decide how to do the paint job wit hthe cf it's that or compelatly paint over the cf ? im undecided

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search