projector headlights?? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
projector headlights??
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 6:58 PM
okay i need help i have a 1998 cavalier
so i have the regular head lights on my car and i adjusted them and everything
and at night they suck!

i want some projector lights
that are bright
i heard of halos -any good?
and exenine or somethings

so any info
i would like to buy some that or just plug in/play

thx

Re: projector headlights??
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:05 PM
Search

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:35 PM
yea i did and i got confuzed when they started saying
you can do it your self with a kit and
the temp of the bulb and all this other stuff.

ill look again
but thxs anyway

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:52 PM
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:49 PM
Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:18 AM
lol no they wont. they have hid bulbs where you just have stock bulbs. if your not getting good light output and you dont want to drop around 200 bucks for hid lights and another 100 for projectors, i would suggest getting a set of silverstar bulbs and using them. much better than stock. wont be as bright as hids but it will be better than stock.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:24 PM
so your saying these projectors wouldnt be worth it?
so if i order them and bolt them to my car they wouldnt be better that the ones on there

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-99-CHEVY-CAVALIER-HALO-LED-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-BLK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ022QQitemZ350138241814QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

they say the have h1 bulbs already in them?

i mean they might not be as good as that one guys but thay would be a hella lot better than the stock ones right?

Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:35 PM
The main reason people buy projectors is to allow the proper aiming of HID systems. I can tell you from experience that projectors are worse than regular headlights with halogens, its pretty bad lol.

You seem to like the halos so get em and pick up an HID kit from eBay seller: lighting623

Yes, its a cheap eBay kit and they're pretty hit or miss but I've had zero problems with mine and the output is so much better, even with 6000k. Plus, about $200 for the whole setup is not bad at all

Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:49 PM
okay ill look him up
i have no experience in this hid lights stuff i was just askin if i bolt those lights up would i be able see better?
how hard is it to install the kit?
thx for the info man
means alot!

Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:54 PM
hey i cant find him on ebay
if its not to much trouble could you give me a link
thx

Friday, December 12, 2008 2:55 AM
you dont buy hids from ebay thats why. get a quality set from xenondepot. it will run you around 200 bucks

Friday, December 12, 2008 6:15 PM
eBay HID Kit

They keep goin down in price tho, they were about $70 shipped when I bought em, but there ya go. You'll want H1 bulbs if you get the halo projectors or 9005 if you get the two piece projectors like in my profile.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:15 PM
okay so let me get this right real fast
if i get these projectors
nullhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__95-96-97-98-99-CAVALIER-LED-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-BLACK_W0QQitemZ120337056167QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20Accessor iesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item120337056167&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

they say they dont come with bulbs
it that just for the bright or the lows period?

so if i order these
eBay HID Kit
and get 6000k or 8000k what do you think
in h1 bulbs
i put those in my bright light hole?
but the kit only comes with to lights
and i dont think the projectors come with any?

thx for all the help tho

Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:45 PM
Those are the two items u need to buy. The HID kit will act as ur low beam or outermost hole, and u'll simply reuse ur existing high beam or innermost bulb.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:55 PM
just playing what if here... but have you TRIED brighter bulbs? you do know that bulbs dont just burn out, they also get dimmer as they get older right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:55 PM

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:00 AM
no not yet
but one of the reasons i was looking into it was when i was adjusting my lights the adjustment broke
and im debating on if i should go threw all the hid/projector stuff or go to auto zone order some new headlights and but some
silver star bulbs?

but if i were to uses those hids for my low lights
wouldnt they be brigher than my high lights?

Sunday, December 14, 2008 11:55 AM
haha way brighter. i had mine hooked up so that when i turned the highs on the lows stayed on.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:00 PM
John W(Ranger1316) wrote:Those are the two items u need to buy. The HID kit will act as ur low beam or outermost hole, and u'll simply reuse ur existing high beam or innermost bulb.

so should i buy 2 kits?
or what

cuz i want my brights to litteraly be my brights
and my lows my lows not switch it around

idk could you re state that please?

Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:14 PM
its really two completely different things... the low beams are aimed low and have a cutoff, and are meant to illuminate the immediate road ahead. your high beams are meant to "throw" the light as far out as possible. you'll be fine with the projectors and h.i.d kit, and a good set of halogen bulbs (silverstar ultras, hella, piaa, etc.).

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, December 15, 2008 11:14 AM
You can buy two kits if you want, but most people dont even touch their high beams after goin HID since its usually bright enough for any situation.

Friday, December 19, 2008 11:00 AM
Please refer to my post in "what do you think of these" (exterior forum) posted 12/19/08 FOR ALL OF YOUR HID & PROJECTOR SOLUTIONS.....
Friday, December 19, 2008 11:24 AM
SORRY....it's "what does everyone think of these" thread.
Sunday, February 08, 2009 3:48 PM
agreed, projectors suck with stock bulbs, i even went out and bought the silver star ultras...suppose to be one of the best if not the best...not at all i wish i still had my stock set of head lights. maybe i could see at night when the road is wet. HID's are going to be the next project for sure!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Sunday, February 08, 2009 4:05 PM
if you get the one piece projectors, look forward to the adjustment breaking too.

All four adjustment screws on mine were stripped when I got them. I modified them to work, but if you're not handy at that kind of thing you might be returning em.

Not aguarantee it will happen, but a warning.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search