removing side moldings, paint damge underneath?? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
removing side moldings, paint damge underneath??
Monday, August 23, 2010 11:35 AM
Hye there, i decided to remove my door molding on my 98 sedan yesterday and 3 out of the 4 doors look to be great shape under the two way tape(not yet removd) but on my passenger front door under the two way tape the color semsto be alot brighter and there is like a clear edge on top and bottom in the shape of the molding; so i am thinking the door was repaintted at one time or blended it and cleared with the door molding left on...
Any way to fix this without repaintting door?
my options are i guess to live with the @!#$ up door or reinstall the moulding on all 4 doors wich will bring me back to square one with the ugly moldings......
I have used goo gone, and rubiing compond and it dont seem to help; maby i coulld sand off the clear edge ; but i think i would still be left with the wide off color strip across the entire door.....
so pissed...

98 j-body sedan

Re: removing side moldings, paint damge underneath??
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:43 AM
honestly if some dumb ass shop cleared over the molding during a repair (a lot of shops do it unfortunately) ur only options to make it look good are either a putting the molding back on or b a repaint.

Oldsmobile all motor > Saab/Opel boosted
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:34 PM
my door has been like this for a year or two.. plan on blending the door this fall with a new passenger fender im replacing

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:06 PM
Happened to my car too. The @!#$tiest part is it was the last panel I got too. Peeled and cleaned the entire passenger side and it fender and driver side door piece and my quarter has a clear line.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search