Advice on body parts needed for repair (fenders) - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Advice on body parts needed for repair (fenders)
Monday, September 05, 2011 2:14 PM
Ok I got stuck in a ditch and high centered many many Kms from any people or a way of getting pulled out, I was by myself and no cell service. My only resort was to use the jack on the fenders so I could put dirt under the tires, obviously this ruined the fenders. It was buried and I wasn't about to spend 2 days walking out.

I have read other topics on how to change the fenders. My question is: All I need are fenders? I dont know whats behind this thing, anyone out there care to let me know of any surprises I'll run into? Will new fenders make this back to normal or will other things be bent? Yeah I know I'll need new molding that goes under the doors as well. (plastic pieces)

I just don't want to get into the job and not have the nessecary parts to finish. 2 fenders and 2 underside molding will be all I need?

Re: Advice on body parts needed for repair (fenders)
Monday, September 05, 2011 2:16 PM
just try fixing yours. doesnt look to bad.

Monday, September 05, 2011 7:13 PM
u should be good with just buying new fenders and swapping them out. I took my stock ones off for some toyota cav fenders and there really is not anything behind the fenders thats y yours bent the way they did. and ha at dude that said yours dont look to bad. I'd tell you I have to nice oem fenders in cayene red for cheap but left those at the ex's so those are prolly long gone lol
Monday, September 05, 2011 7:58 PM
Cool, thats the answer I was looking for. This will be the first time I've done body work. But I read the other threads about how to do the job, and I'm pretty good at mechanics, shouldn't be much of an issue and I look at it as something to do. Should be fun, fixing things is something I enjoy.
Monday, September 05, 2011 8:40 PM
very easy to do.. also keep in mind there will be a small screw or even a 7-8mm bolt between where the fender and the door meets. i think theres two? ill check again tomorrow.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 6:39 AM
Ya replacing fenders are pretty easy, also those moldings are called side skirts for future reference
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 6:13 PM
yea there is one of those little screws at the top on the inside of the fender you have to have your door open to get that one off.
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:03 PM
There is deff no reason to replace the fenders...that will bang out easy
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search