What's a sexual deviant between 2 neighbours? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What's a sexual deviant between 2 neighbours?
Friday, October 27, 2006 5:39 PM on j-body.org
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061023/us_canada_offender_061023/20061023?hub=Canada

Quote:

CTV.ca News Staff

Updated: Tue. Oct. 24 2006 8:54 AM ET

A U.S. school teacher convicted of sexually abusing a 15-year-old girl has been sentenced to three years' probation -- possibly to be served in Canada.

Malcolm Watson, 35, was spotted in a car kissing and touching his young female student in Buffalo, N.Y., where he worked as an English teacher.

"This young girl had stars in her eyes and was in love with him," Frank Clark, the Erie County District Attorney told reporters. "And apparently he was flattered by her attentions and didn't discourage her."

Watson agreed to plead guilty to endangering the welfare of a child and sexual abuse in the third degree, if the U.S. judge would let him serve his probation in Canada. His wife and children live in an undisclosed community near St. Catharines, Ont.

According to U.S. authorities, Watson is not a sexual predator because they found no other victims. Instead, the former English teacher at Buffalo Seminary is considered a "level 1" sex offender.

Canadian border officials must now decide whether to allow Watson back into the country. While anyone convicted of a serious crime in the U.S. is usually barred from entering Canada, Watson's crime may not be recognized as illegal by Canadian officials.

In Canada, the age of consent is currently 14 -- although the government has moved to raise it to 16. Watson's relationship with the student would only be considered illegal if sex occurred.

But according to a Public Safety Office spokesperson, "Canada is not a safe haven for sexual predators and other criminals who commit crimes in other countries.

"(Minister Stockwell Day) has asked the Canadian Border Services Agency to look into the matter and report back to him."

Immigration lawyer Stephen green said Watson has a good chance of re-entering Canada, despite concerns from immigration officials.

"We have to look at whether this person is a danger to Canada," said Green. "It appears that a judge in the United States doesn't seem to think so."

Canadian immigration officials could not be reached for comment Monday.

Some legal experts say if Watson is allowed into Canada, his sentencing would be unprecedented. And if successful, he would only be allowed back into the U.S. for probation hearings.

"This seems unusual, and the first thing we need to do is confirm the facts, so we're looking into this matter," Brendan Crawley, a spokesman for the attorney general's office in Ontario, told The Canadian Press.

"We'll take any available steps to ensure the safety of our citizens and children, including asking the police and federal authorities for assistance."

If Canadian officials decide against Watson's return, his sentence will be voided and he will again appear before a U.S. judge.

Two other possibilities are that Watson could be deported from Canada, or serve jail time in the country.

With a report by CTV's Kathy Tomlinson and files from The Canadian Press

OKay... let me get this straight.

The guy is a US CITIZEN.
The guy assaulted a US CITIZEN.
The guy did this in the USA.

WHAT THE F**K IS HE DOING IN CANADA?

Look at it like this:
There is a law that allows CANADIAN CITIZENS charged in the USA with misdemeanor or non-violent felonies (or other crimes on a case-by-case basis) to return to Canada within 6 months of their conviciton to serve the remainder of their sentence. I have no problems with this because in most cases the Canadian is living in Canada. This isn't the case though...

The only ties that this guy has to Canada is that his family lives near St. Catherines, Ont.... BUT THEY"RE AMERICAN AS WELL!

What, in the blue hell was the judge thinking when he sentenced this creep to serve his sentence in Canada? Seriously, if that's the case, I nominate Paul Bernado and Clifford Olsen for serving in Gen pop at Attica, and Singsing.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Re: What's a sexual deviant between 2 neighbours?
Saturday, October 28, 2006 8:02 AM on j-body.org
If he was an AWOL soldier he'd be back in the US in two minutes. I think the judge has a real sense of humor. 3 years in Canada's worse than jailtime in the US. HAHAHA very funny.

I say we beat this guy up every day for three years. I'm sure he'll laugh too after the brain damage sets in.
Saturday, October 28, 2006 10:32 AM on j-body.org
I think the judge would get bent out of shape if his neighbour started shovelling his dog sh*t in his yard.

I don't see the difference.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 8:57 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:I think the judge would get bent out of shape if his neighbour started shovelling his dog sh*t in his yard.

I don't see the difference.
well at least fog sh*t decomposes - and will fertilize your grass. This guy however won't decompose, but he will fertilize where the grass just started growing.

Besides - You gave us Rush - you deserve far worse than this guy anyways.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Sunday, October 29, 2006 10:34 AM on j-body.org
You can turn rush off, and I'm serious about this.

Monday, October 30, 2006 9:15 AM on j-body.org
...and somehow ritual castration with a rusty fishook is comsidered curel and unusual punishment.

That's seriously @!#$ in the ass with a roto-rooter.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 10:07 AM on j-body.org
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 10:20 AM on j-body.org
Here's my take...

He's not being "exiled to Canada". He's not being "sentenced to Canada" or being deported or handed off or anything like that. He's being sentenced to three years probation. One of the "benefits" of being on probation (versus going to prison) is that you get to return home. His home (apparently legally) is in Canada. Where's the issue?

I think what the guy did is completely reprehensible and I'd just as soon see him strung up by his nuts in Times Square as be allowed to go home. However, I can't see the legality of them saying he can't return to the US, what with being an American citizen. He may have been trying to avoid any further embarrassment and was willing to agree to anything. Just because he lives there and works here doesn't mean that it can be turned into some kind of cross-border "hot potato" contest and him told he can't live in either country.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:05 AM on j-body.org
Jimmy:

Understood, but, he committed a crime in the USA, he was indicted, charged, tried and convicted in the USA.

What rationale is there with sending him here? He is NOT a Canadian Citizen, so what the hell is he doing being sent here? How the f**k is this legal?

How's about this, How's about we cut a deal with Robert picton and send him to live in the USA? I mean, he's only charged with 18 murders and linked to 53 others... no biggie. Shovelling your dog@!#$ into your neighbour's yard... no problems right?

Deal with your own criminals, we'll deal with ours. We're not an exile territory.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:05 AM on j-body.org
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/usa_dc

More info.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 1:36 PM on j-body.org
Gam, Gam, Gam...

There is an easier way to solve this...produce another Keenau Reeves, Brian Adams, Celine Dion, or William Shatner. that will send a strong message to America.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 3:44 PM on j-body.org
Why do you think we sent them down South?

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 3:46 PM on j-body.org
i mean do it again....

surely there's some canadian star that sucks and you guys know it...but you can hype the hel ouit of them and have usd deal with them.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 3:53 PM on j-body.org
I think we're cooling down on that though.

You've already got enough of a problem in the Whitehouse and Senate... I'm trying to solve it, but I'm only one person.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search