Politcal party? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Politcal party?
Monday, October 30, 2006 1:52 PM on j-body.org
Just curious how many republicans there are here on JBO. I'm not asking anyone's opinion of issues or how the government is handling things, just curious about the numbers. Thanks.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Re: Politcal party?
Monday, October 30, 2006 2:47 PM on j-body.org
I am a Republican. I am fairly certain to switch parties before the next presidential election, however.

---

Monday, October 30, 2006 2:58 PM on j-body.org
Republican and always will be.
Monday, October 30, 2006 4:13 PM on j-body.org
Rollinredcavi wrote:Republican and always will be.

Hmm... Are you sure? That looks like blind loyalty to me.

Neither. If I lived in the US, I'd be a repulican when it was right, and switch to something else when it is not. In the last presidential election I would have voted for a 3rd party or officially abstain (if you can do that in the US).

Here, I'm mostly conservative, but when the come out saying things like "mandatory sentencing" and "mandatory charges in cases of domestic violence" I switch, until the other guys say something like "mandatory release"

The first one to say something intelligent will get my vote.. Of course I could end up not voting at all

PAX
Monday, October 30, 2006 5:04 PM on j-body.org
im republican, but I vote for the most suited candidate for the job, not along political party lines

and hahahaha you do know that if you don't vote you really have no right to bitch about the government.....you had a chance to change it and you threw it away....at least vote for somenoe who doesn't have much chance to win just to lower the big candidates voter percentage, and give the little guy some support

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, October 30, 2006 5:09 PM on j-body.org
Actually, he has every right to.

The people that actually voted for the losers are the ones that have no right to complain. After all, a no-vote is like a protest vote. In other words, the only people that have no right to bitch about the state america is in are the ones that voted for Bush and his cronies.

Besdies, i vote for the issues primarily, the candidates, knowing that they are all suckholes, are whim votes--and that vote is the one that i try to create the most panic and disorder in the system with .

Hell, i wish it was back in the day where the 1st loser of the presidential race got to be vice president. That would be fun, wouldn't it

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, October 30, 2006 5:20 PM on j-body.org
mabey your right KOTL......and yes, the runner up should be VP.....mabey it would add another level of check and balance to the system....imagine a republican prez and a democrat VP...it may actually work

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 12:27 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:

PAX

Straight wrong my friend. Unless the repulicans start to put liberal stupidity in thier agenda I will be republican and will always be. With politics it is not always about agreeing with everything a party says, but voting againts straight stupidity. But right now the republicans party is right where I want them to be and dont see it changing for a long time.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 12:55 PM on j-body.org
I'm a Republican, have been since I first registered to vote in high school. They're the party that has mostly the same beliefs as I do.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 1:25 PM on j-body.org
Rollinredcavi wrote:
Hahahaha wrote:

PAX

Straight wrong my friend. Unless the repulicans start to put liberal stupidity in thier agenda I will be republican and will always be. With politics it is not always about agreeing with everything a party says, but voting againts straight stupidity. But right now the republicans party is right where I want them to be and dont see it changing for a long time.

That's amazing, because Republicans are NOT where they were when I registered.

What has happened on this Congress's watch?

Intrusion into private life?
Deficit Spending?
Higher national debt?
"Big-government conservatism" (quote George W Bush)
Massive intelligence failure over Iraq
NK has a nuke.
Iran almost has nukes.
A great American city destroyed, and it's residents waited 5 days for any relief
Delay
Ney
Foley
Cunningham
The Plame Game
Bush's Medicare plan costing WAY more than he stated
$250-million Bridge to Nowhere
Jack Abramoff
Terri Schiavo
"we will be greeted as liberators"
suspension of Habeus Corpus?!?

Who knew, in 2000, that “compassionate conservatism” meant bigger government, unrestricted government spending, government intrusion in personal matters, government ineptitude, and cronyism in disaster relief? Who knew, in 2000, that the only bill the president would veto, six years later, would be one on funding stem-cell research? - Christopher Buckley

I'm not so sure what "liberal stupidity" is, but I'd love for you to explain.

---

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:44 PM on j-body.org
I'm 30 yrs old. I think I sent my registration too late for the Congessional elections. Damn, but I registered Democrat. Except for the Clinton Era I have never seen a Presidential candidate worth voting for. But seeing what has happened the last four years and how Congess can typically be more important than the President, I decided to register. Hopefully I'll get my registration card back in time. That way I can do my part to get the current league of extrordinary gentlemen out.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:48 PM on j-body.org
[quote=AGuSTiN
I'm not so sure what "liberal stupidity" is, but I'd love for you to explain.

Oh god... where do you start on that one. Basically everything. But to hit some of the main points.

-voting against the safty of the nation
-loudly protestin hunting animals yet its ok to kill an unborn child
-undermining the efforts to destroy those who attacked our country
-desparatly attempting to use every scandle and remove every republican from the government who has done somthing wrong, while at the same time vigorously supporting and cheering on the members of thier party who did the same thing.
-removing all aspects of good vs. evil from the school system by teaching that God is bad.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 7:10 PM on j-body.org
oh lord...

I addressed a lot of these in the America Attacked thread... Agustin, you can quote me on those.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 7:54 PM on j-body.org
Rollinredcavi wrote:

Oh god... where do you start on that one. Basically everything. But to hit some of the main points.

-desparatly attempting to use every scandle and remove every republican from the government who has done somthing wrong, while at the same time vigorously supporting and cheering on the members of thier party who did the same thing.
-removing all aspects of good vs. evil from the school system by teaching that God is bad.

Did you put two seconds of thought into that? Because it looks like it.

Who? On what bill?

First, PETA <> Democrats.

I don't like abortion. But no one does, really. What people like are the right to choose what to do with their body. But abortion isn't a problem, it's a symptom. Treating symptoms nevers cures the disease.

Did you know there are 136,000 kids waiting for adoption, and it would only take 1/500 adults to adopt one for all of them to have a home? We outlaw abortion without getting people to start adopting, the social disaster would be unimaginable.

In addition, 1/3 of foster kids end up in prison, another 1/3 on welfare and more than 1/3 don't graduate high school. 80% of our prison population has been in foster care. Do you know why? Because the state is a terrible parent.

Chew on it.

I thought Bush did that by sending our troops to Iraq instead of Afghanistan?

In 1994 the Republicans rode into the power in the exact same circumstances. Pot, meet kettle.

While I think that the separation of church and state has gone too far, they do need to be separate. This is more of an angry athiest problem than a liberal problem. So far, every athiest I've seen at JBO is Republican. Go figure.

I hate to say it, but blind loyalty does seem to be your problem. I could do WAY better to name liberal stupidity.

---

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:15 AM on j-body.org
I will admit that voting only along your "politcal party lines" is not the right way to go. The Issue at hand is the most important and the fact that voters need to start becoming much more educated this time around. With both parties having these bashing ads every 2 seconds on tv, it scares the crap out of me about how many idiots are going to polls believing everything they saw the day before on a commercial break. Both Dem and Rep need to stop the BS.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:34 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

In addition, 1/3 of foster kids end up in prison, another 1/3 on welfare and more than 1/3 don't graduate high school. 80% of our prison population has been in foster care. Do you know why? Because the state is a terrible parent.

And the state is the same asshat6 that is trying to tell us hopw we are supposed to raise our kids and what's okay and not okay for them.

I'm not buying it.

I don't care what party you are--if you consitantly cast a straight ticket, i know i'm talking to a soulless automation.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 1:53 PM on j-body.org
mikec2003 wrote:mabey your right KOTL......and yes, the runner up should be VP.....mabey it would add another level of check and balance to the system....imagine a republican prez and a democrat VP...it may actually work

Tried and failed...horribly.

The first what...6-8 presidencies were like that, the only thing that happened was that the VP constantly undermined the Pres...I understand where you're coming from, but it is a hell of a lot simpler this way

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 1:56 PM on j-body.org
im not a rep or dem

I am myself. I will vote who i believe is best no matter what party they are from.

-------------

one of the main issues with the USA's voting method is FORCING voters to vote for their vote to count... huh?

this means there SHOULD be an option on a ballet that states you do not feel any of the options for this prop/possition/etc are what you want.

instead of random guessing to try to figure out what percent of non -voters didnt vote because they are idiots or because they didnt liek the choices. this then lets politicians know directly they are not meeting the representation needs of their constituencies.

A "i dont like the options at all sooo much im not going to pick any of them, but im still going to go to a polling place and cast my vote as such" vote is EXTREMELY powerfull.

when was the last time that your local district representative was representative of you? i know for me, it has been never.

so if i had a choice between 3 candidates for my local rep and because i wanted to vote i had to pick one of them, this leads the gvnmt to believe that the person i voted for is the person i WANT to rep me. when in fact it is simply there are no better choices. so if there was a "i dont liek the options" box for me to fill i could send a STRONG message to my state and gvnmt that they need to get their @!#$ together and start placing people who are more representative for me than what they have.

kinda off-topic but ive been preaching about this lately.

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 2:05 PM on j-body.org
republican... only because i couldnt decide... but didnt wanna be undecided

member nejbody
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 2:33 PM on j-body.org
choose undeclared or did not state

instead of just picking one because you cant choose.

this gives false demographical data to the gvnmt

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 2:37 PM on j-body.org
yes... but... i dont vote anyways... i really have better things to do...

member nejbody

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 2:47 PM on j-body.org
even so people look at registration data. if your not going to vote, at least register in a way you think represents you.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 3:33 PM on j-body.org
Smus ran out of posts for the first t wrote:
mikec2003 wrote:mabey your right KOTL......and yes, the runner up should be VP.....mabey it would add another level of check and balance to the system....imagine a republican prez and a democrat VP...it may actually work

Tried and failed...horribly.

The first what...6-8 presidencies were like that, the only thing that happened was that the VP constantly undermined the Pres...I understand where you're coming from, but it is a hell of a lot simpler this way

bingo...i think that would do the system a whole lot of good...

or hell, i'll compromise. a separate vote for president and vice president.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 3:58 PM on j-body.org
^^^
It might. But try getting that bill passed

Hell, its hard enough for them to pass the budget (and the Reps had full control!) much less pass something that aucutally has some body to it.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:43 PM on j-body.org
I'm not a registered voter

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search