Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Saturday, May 09, 2009 11:18 AM on j-body.org
Here's the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090508/ap_on_re_us/us_school_dance_flap

Oh, yes, I know this is yet another reason why you think organized religion sucks. Have a nice day, and when your mom dies next year, call your mechanic to do the funeral.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Saturday, May 09, 2009 11:44 AM on j-body.org
hahahaha...I'm originally from Findlay..what a damn joke.

Saturday, May 09, 2009 4:44 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Have a nice day, and when your mom dies next year, call your mechanic to do the funeral.

The foolishness of the school's actions is still outdone by your commentary.

Saturday, May 09, 2009 5:22 PM on j-body.org
^^^

WIN.

Saturday, May 09, 2009 5:44 PM on j-body.org
religious people.. what a bunch of a-holes.

Saturday, May 09, 2009 6:08 PM on j-body.org
Doubt any of you even did more than a fly-by on the article. Seems to me that I read that the kid and his parents agreed to the rules before they enrolled. Can't complain later, just because you don't like them anymore. Schools that have you sign some kind of agreement like that specify that your behavior outside the classroom is covered under the policy. No rock music in class....none on your stereo at home. You may think its stupid....violation of rights....nutwingishness, etc, but it is their right.

My comment about somebody's mom dying..... that was for the typical mynabird types that parrot other mynabird parroters of anti- "organized religion" people. The religious
a-holes, as they refer to them, well.....guess who gets the phonecall when mom dies, or their kid bleeds to death in the bath tub, or when daddy leaves the family. Heck, even though they may never darken the door of any church, most girls want to get married in a church, by a member of the clergy.

More often than not, its the local pastor/ priest. Turns out, that when the proverbial poop hits the proverbial fan, the proverbial religion-haters suddenly get religious.

Of course, you are the exception right? Say hi to mom.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Saturday, May 09, 2009 6:17 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

guess who gets the phonecall when mom dies

the funeral home director?

Quote:

their kid bleeds to death in the bath tub

first 911. then the funeral home director

Quote:

when daddy leaves the family

divorce lawyer

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, May 09, 2009 6:30 PM on j-body.org
And we have our first exception!!!

Saturday, May 09, 2009 6:34 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

The handbook for the 84-student Christian school says rock music "is part of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds."

rebellion is a bad thig? rebellion freed the slaves. rebellion gave women the right to vote. most importantly...

REBELLION FOUNDED THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

RAmen.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, May 09, 2009 6:58 PM on j-body.org
Noodles.

Saturday, May 09, 2009 7:21 PM on j-body.org
It also resulted in the American Civil War, but completely irrelevant.

So, why don't Army recruits just say "piss off sarge, go do your own pushups"

Saturday, May 09, 2009 7:29 PM on j-body.org
My private high school did the same thing every year... (Even though prom is only for seniors, unless your asked by a senior)

They threaten to cancel the dances because we danced dirty... LOL whatev..

Surprised Obama hasn't been blamed for this yet...

Saturday, May 09, 2009 7:46 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:It also resulted in the American Civil War, but completely irrelevant.

So, why don't Army recruits just say "piss off sarge, go do your own pushups"

your logic reminds me of this guy

Saturday, May 09, 2009 8:04 PM on j-body.org
Not your brand huh? Incapable of digesting an analogy or comparison. Lets add a lil' flavor for you and see if you can swallow it.

US Army - volunteer basis - knowledge beforehand of harsh conditions- don't like it, don't join.

Private school- volunteer basis - knowledge beforehand of draconian policies - don't like it, don't enroll.

Irrelevant that it is a religious institution. Guess you might compare it to a car club that allows only members that drive GM cars.....and you join up, only to buy a Nissan the next day. They kick you out.....you cry and bch and moan.

Is this easy enough for you grasp? Won't matter actually, you'll just post some stupd pics or nonsensical youtube video.

Saturday, May 09, 2009 9:22 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

The handbook for the 84-student Christian school says rock music "is part of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds."

Typical hypocrites posing as Christians. A true Christian doesn't judge. Holy rolling Bible thumpers are as bad as Muslim extremists.

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Saturday, May 09, 2009 9:31 PM on j-body.org
as stupid as i think christianity is, if you don't want to do deal with their rules, you shouldn't pay thousands of dollars to attend their @!#$ty, closed-minded schools.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Saturday, May 09, 2009 9:44 PM on j-body.org
I'll bet if he knew they would pull this kind of crap he would have made a different school choice.

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Saturday, May 09, 2009 10:17 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

US Army - volunteer basis - knowledge beforehand of harsh conditions- don't like it, don't join.

The draft is a bitch aint it.

I just dont understand how the principal could sign the form allowing him but then threaten punishment. Sounds like a common religious hypocrit to me.

Saturday, May 09, 2009 10:22 PM on j-body.org
BigBob wrote:
Quote:

Typical hypocrites posing as Christians. A true Christian doesn't judge. Holy rolling Bible thumpers are as bad as Muslim extremists.

yes x 1 billion

Saturday, May 09, 2009 10:51 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Not your brand huh? Incapable of digesting an analogy or comparison. Lets add a lil' flavor for you and see if you can swallow it.

Private school- volunteer basis - knowledge beforehand of draconian policies - don't like it, don't enroll.

Irrelevant that it is a religious institution. Guess you might compare it to a car club that allows only members that drive GM cars.....and you join up, only to buy a Nissan the next day. They kick you out.....you cry and bch and moan.

Is this easy enough for you grasp? Won't matter actually, you'll just post some stupd pics or nonsensical youtube video.

Wow you're stupid. I'm really gonna have to spell it out for you I guess.

you're referring to this:
DaFlyinSkwirl wrote:religious people.. what a bunch of a-holes.

I said it in reference to this:
dumb article wrote:forbids dancing, rock music, hand-holding and kissing

but you're too busy ranting on your soap box. Apparently my religious a-holes comment struck a chord with you.
thats pretty funny considering your signature.

any more words you want to put in my mouth?

Sunday, May 10, 2009 1:45 AM on j-body.org
rock music "is part of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds."

this really made me laugh.

I think we should just blame Marilyn Manson for all of this and be done with it. because rock music is the devil! LMFAO

Sunday, May 10, 2009 4:38 AM on j-body.org
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:
ScottaWhite wrote:

any more words you want to put in my mouth?

since he is talking about religion i think hed like to put something else in your mouth, oh wait your too old lol.

Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:14 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

I wonder what part of the Bible talks about rock music being bad, or PG-13 movies, or skirts above the knees? lol

Sunday, May 10, 2009 12:50 PM on j-body.org
Spitfire, You'd find that in the same chapter that says specifically that it is wrong to kill someone with a shotgun at 5 yards. Oh...it doesn't actually mention firearms? Why not?

DaFlyin, I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about., but I posted in response to your bit about my logic reminding you..... (not your brand eh?) You didn't say much, so I can't actually be ranting about anything you said. I referred to your pet name for religious people, not because it offended me, but rather so you'd know I was referring to your comment.

Honestly, I think if given the opportunity, a lot of you would criminalize religion. Or at the least, make it illegal for them to excercise most of their freedoms that you also enjoy.

Now, I realize many are only upset with those that are intolerant, close-minded, bible-thumpers, etc. However, I understand that man prefers darkness over light, his deeds being evil and all that jazz.

Its not that my logic or explanations elude people.....its that they seem unpalatable and disagreeable with how you've been raised, or the lifestyle you have embraced.

Sunday, May 10, 2009 3:48 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Its not that my logic or explanations elude people.....its that they seem unpalatable and disagreeable with how you've been raised, or the lifestyle you have embraced.

No. Its that you have very little logic used in your statements you just babble like a crackhead.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search