Are You a Suspected Terrorist? No? Think Again... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Are You a Suspected Terrorist? No? Think Again...
Monday, May 18, 2009 9:04 PM on j-body.org
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/18/house-crafts-alternative-department-homeland-security-right-wing-report/

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Are You a Suspected Terrorist? No? Think Again...
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:06 AM on j-body.org
2 outta 3, guess I'm a terrorist.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:08 AM on j-body.org
You should read the whole document. Its rather scary to read. I know that I as well as many others had sent copies of it to different Fox stations before it really hit the news.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:56 AM on j-body.org
Ya, that was what? Two months ago?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:54 AM on j-body.org
mitdr774 wrote:You should read the whole document. Its rather scary to read. I know that I as well as many others had sent copies of it to different Fox stations before it really hit the news.

Link to full document?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:21 AM on j-body.org
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:16 AM on j-body.org
I didn't see a single word raised in protest when the Bush administration called left wing groups terrorist organizations. Well, I guess it's only wrong when it's done to your side.

America used to stand for freedom. Now I think a lot of you would support a dictatorship type government as long as it went against the people you didn't agree with.

I gotta say, I'm dissapointed in you boys.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:21 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:Now I think a lot of you would support a dictatorship type government as long as it went against the people you didn't agree with.

You can count me out. I think everyone deserves the right to voice their opinion. We were founded on that principle.
I may disagree with you, but I won't tell you that you have no right to say what you do.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 10:38 AM on j-body.org
Well, that didn't take long for the "oh yeah, what about so-and-so, and what HE did?" I'd like a link to the "left-wing" terrorist organizations on so-and-so's list, that haven't actually been involved in criminal activity. (vandalizing gas guzzling suv's, breaking into animal testing facilities etc). I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I'd like a link to a published news story. (no blogs please, and no links to websites of said left-wing groups....just reported news stories).

I just wrote my two senators from Michigan, Levin + Stabenow to voice my opinion. Sending a copy to my congressman next. What else can I do other than gripe about it?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:56 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:I didn't see a single word raised in protest when the Bush administration called left wing groups terrorist organizations. Well, I guess it's only wrong when it's done to your side.

America used to stand for freedom. Now I think a lot of you would support a dictatorship type government as long as it went against the people you didn't agree with.

I gotta say, I'm dissapointed in you boys.

can't say I've ever heard that before. Care to provide a link supporting your claim?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:58 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:can't say I've ever heard that before. Care to provide a link supporting your claim?

terrorist.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:01 PM on j-body.org
well....Knoxfire is right......however it was released under Obama

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/Leftwing_Extremist_Threat.pdf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:02 PM

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:34 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:well....Knoxfire is right......however it was released under Obama

Because Obama is such a "centrist". LMFAO.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:38 PM on j-body.org
To be honest I agree with both administrations worries about either the left wing eco-crazies or the right wing militant survivalists. At the same time though I've always firmly believed that a truly free country is one based on the principle that you can and should get away with minor crimes. Keyed a car belonging to the guy who stole your girlfriend? Peed in the parking lot of the local mall? Tossed a brick at the local KKK's mailbox? Painted the Prius belonging to the local Earth First chapter pink?

It's all wrong. You shouldn't have done that, and if someone caught you then HAHAHAHA!

But... a government shouldn't set up a system where it becomes impossible to commit petty stupid crimes like that, because without that sort of leeway there can be no freedom. Not true freedom anyway, just ugh... T-o-l-e-r-a-n-c-e.

However, I don't give a damn who did what first or that one's worse than the other. Both sides want to take the other side's rights away. That should concern anyone who believes in freedom. Stop buying into the government's excuses. "We didn't start it. They did!" "We may have started it, but we didn't make it worse like THEY did!"

It's all BS tossed around to distract you from the fact that they are consolidating power. Not just for Liberals or Conservatives, but for whoever gets elected next. Is that what you want for the US? An all powerful government that grows increasingly paranoid about who is their enemy?

Be Americans for God sakes. Be loud! Show them that you don't take their crap!

Remind me why I love ya guys
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:08 PM on j-body.org
^^^^ Exactly. I can definitely see the concern over both extremist sides doing something stupid just to try and prove a point that is usually lost in the faggotry of whatever it is they may be doing.

However I would like to point out that the current administration has not prosecuted or 'punished' people for being 'right wing'. They appear (from the documents anyway) to just be aware and take notice of people (ON EITHER SIDE!) that might wish to do something extreme and violent in protest.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:25 PM on j-body.org
It's not that they put out a report warning of extremists that's ridiculous, it's their broad definition that people should take notice of.
It's just that kind of big-umbrella thinking that spawns the witch hunt mentallity.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:03 PM on j-body.org
There's a whole lot of connected stories here. This one, the firearms regulations, religious freedom, etc. I think Holder was saying something about denying gun-ownership rights to terrorists and those suspected of being terrorists. Not just individuals either, but groups and organizations. So according to this document, if I belong to a church that organizes anti-abortion marches, I may be listed as a suspected terrorist? What if I am a card carrying PETA member? Now I'm a terrorist because I want to save animals?

Folks refuse to see this stuff, because they treat politics like they do a college football rivalry. If the other coach gets caught cheating....off with his head! But if my team gets caught, well then its just sour grapes, and "oh yeah? what about so-and-so, and what THEY did"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search