Pro Gun Control? Get in here!!! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pro Gun Control? Get in here!!!
Saturday, January 16, 2010 4:54 PM on j-body.org
Please Explain!!!

Now we need to give the people the rights they deserve, to have access to the same weapons as law enforcement. I'm not talking military style weapons like rocket launchers and grenades, but full auto weapons, SBR's, etc. should be legal to own (IMO).

Thomas Jefferson wrote:Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

George Washington wrote:The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.

Re: Pro Gun Control? Get in here!!!
Saturday, January 16, 2010 8:40 PM on j-body.org
I believe that it was a 1930's case that stated that the second amendment meant, that "standard issue firearms" is what is legal for citizens to own.
They used that argument to make shotguns under 18" illegal.

I want my M249!

Don't expect an answer though.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, January 16, 2010 9:04 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:I believe that it was a 1930's case that stated that the second amendment meant, that "standard issue firearms" is what is legal for citizens to own.
They used that argument to make shotguns under 18" illegal.

I want my M249!

Don't expect an answer though.

Chris

The focus of the discussion should be this link. Please Explain!!! As in why has the homicide rate in DC at a 45 year low the first year into allowing private citizens to posses handguns?

The other stuff was just my opinion.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:48 AM on j-body.org
Because none of the *gang bangers* wanna hit their boy obama accidentally duh.. kidding, funny thing you stop restricting peoples freedoms and you finally gain equilibrium, too bad they dont let the economy do this...

Sunday, January 17, 2010 11:24 AM on j-body.org
Because the criminals chance of hitting someone that will hit back is higher now.

but that should be self explanatory.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:49 PM on j-body.org
So there is not one gun control advocate that's willing to come into this thread and try and spin it into "guns are bad"?

Maybe the results posted in the article are just too much for them to argue with.

GUNS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:38 PM on j-body.org
Very few control/ban advocates around here. You'll have to get more creative with your bait nowadays. The bASSES are wisening up to those tricks. They'll lie in wait until some Ralphy shoots his eye out with a .44, then jump in screaming "I told you so!!!"

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:01 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Very few control/ban advocates around here. You'll have to get more creative with your bait nowadays. The bASSES are wisening up to those tricks. They'll lie in wait until some Ralphy shoots his eye out with a .44, then jump in screaming "I told you so!!!"
I can't think of ANY regulars in here that are all that pro-control... even if said article did appear.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:45 AM on j-body.org
i think we should just take guns away from everyone. then nobody could shoot everybody, just make it a law you can't own guns

hows that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:25 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:i think we should just take guns away from everyone. then nobody could shoot everybody, just make it a law you can't own guns

hows that.

Come and get em'

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:02 PM on j-body.org
LOL

I'm with him!

I think we should have gun control like Switzerland dose.

I mean, look at there crime rate.

Chris

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:03 PM on j-body.org
The "Gun control Debate" is another stupid, useless tool used to split the sheep into two camps. Pick a side. Oh, and you only get two choices.

What, you have a different idea? Get the fcuk out, you're not allowed to have independent thought! This is America, and you'll choose a side, dammit!

What a country. We are all fools for even playing this game.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:13 PM on j-body.org
When it comes to the Constitution, yes, it is that black and white.

Chris

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:51 PM on j-body.org
Yes. Of course, using language witten about muzzle-loader muskets and Redcoats remains completely crystal clear 230 years later...

Truly. Who freaking cares. To all I say: Own a gun if you want, don't if you don't, but find something good to do with your time other than whining about the other side.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:02 PM on j-body.org
And yet Freedom of speech, and press don't get counted the same here?

Chris

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:16 PM on j-body.org
Sure they do. You're free to say what you want, just as others are free to roll their eyes over it. Don't let me stop you!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:42 PM on j-body.org
Attention ho wrote:Yes. Of course, using language witten about muzzle-loader muskets and Redcoats remains completely crystal clear 230 years later...

Truly. Who freaking cares. To all I say: Own a gun if you want, don't if you don't, but find something good to do with your time other than whining about the other side.

Its still valid.... both sides just have better guns now...... saying we shouldn't have rights because we where given them hundreds of years ago and they dont count anymore is ridiculous.

There would be only one reason teh government would try to ban all guns..... and that would be so we wouldnt be a threat when they come in and take the last bit of freedoms away that we still have..

History has showed it happen in country after country after country....

which is why if it ever happens here, im going on a killing spree

and ya.. the JBO tends to be pro gun for the most part.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:07 PM on j-body.org
Context, my man, context. That was a very different era, with a war that had just been fought by a general population organized into an impromptu army.

It's as valid as telling folks they need to have a good supply of salt to keep their meat fresh through the summer, or that screwing one's own slaves can lead to tan-skinned children that the neighbors giggle at. Using it as a way to ensure private gun ownership is "legal" today is lame. Such a right does not, and never did, need a Constitutional Amendment. It is inherent, just as is the right to own a home or car.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:16 PM on j-body.org
Sure glad that amendment is there though. Besides gun haters can go swan dive off a bridge. US Supreme court ruled tha individuals have the right to own pistols in DC. Context my a$$. A right is a right, no matter which way the wind is blowing.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:16 PM on j-body.org
The thing is.... the 2nd amendment is the only thing left thats keeping them from trying to take guns away from us.... as outdated as it may be, its still true and needs to be there.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:55 AM on j-body.org
"Them" do not have the power to seize guns. "Them" cannot execute a blanket seizure of personal property. Hiding it behind the 2nd amendment is another tool to get you fired up and fighting about things. Nothing more.

Fact is, laws allowing firearm ownership exist in most every significant nation on earth, whether European, Asian, or Arab. There's next to no precedent for taking this basic right away. It's not going to ever happen, and arguing about it isjust one more tool to make the sheep bleat. I don't mean to burst y'alls bubble, but you are being fed a crock of sh!t over this "controversy".

Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:08 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

Smartest thing you've said in a lon... nevermind.
But unfortunatly lack of education combined with lousy culture prevents it from being succesful here.
Think about it, we have people thinking we should bomb places who don't think like us. Not much different from a terr... nevermind, you get the picture.

I will say this... Ask my neighbor's police partner what type of gun control should exist, as he's dead after a conflict with a robber and a AK-47.

Attention ho wrote:Context, my man, context. That was a very different era, with a war that had just been fought by a general population organized into an impromptu army.

It's as valid as telling folks they need to have a good supply of salt to keep their meat fresh through the summer, or that screwing one's own slaves can lead to tan-skinned children that the neighbors giggle at. Using it as a way to ensure private gun ownership is "legal" today is lame. Such a right does not, and never did, need a Constitutional Amendment. It is inherent, just as is the right to own a home or car.

This.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:20 AM on j-body.org
All I have to say is that guns are not the problem

stupid f-ing people are.

quit blaming the f-ing guns

If I want to kill someone and dont have a gun i'll just use my kabar instead

the only reason politicians really want us not to have guns and for the police to keep theirs is so we can be more easily controlled.

Thats the truth, thats the facts, and thats the way it really is.

If you think otherwise your a fool... but I dont care because im still armed and your not so I win.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:56 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

Smartest thing you've said in a lon... nevermind.
But unfortunatly lack of education combined with lousy culture prevents it from being succesful here.
Think about it, we have people thinking we should bomb places who don't think like us. Not much different from a terr... nevermind, you get the picture.

I will say this... Ask my neighbor's police partner what type of gun control should exist, as he's dead after a conflict with a robber and a AK-47.

This.

Ask all the kids that die from under the sink cleaning products!

BAN ALL THINGS IN PLASTIC BOTTLES!

blame the people, not the tools.

Nice try at making me out to be the bad guy for wanting to hit them back though.

Chris

Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:21 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:All I have to say is that guns are not the problem

stupid f-ing people are.

quit blaming the f-ing guns

If I want to kill someone and dont have a gun i'll just use my kabar instead

the only reason politicians really want us not to have guns and for the police to keep theirs is so we can be more easily controlled.

Thats the truth, thats the facts, and thats the way it really is.

If you think otherwise your a fool... but I dont care because im still armed and your not so I win.

Meh. I'm armed too, and I fear no politician, nor do I feel my guns give me any power over them. I refuse to let either side of this tawdry debate push my buttons over this. I see it for what it is, just another bullsh!t sheeperding tactic. Well, that, and a way to funnel money to a private organization that lives high on the hog with their mental slaves' money. Viva NRA!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search