I like this guy already. Keep an eye on him. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I like this guy already. Keep an eye on him.
Monday, April 19, 2010 4:43 PM on j-body.org
This guy first got my attention by announcing that he's running against Barney Frank, but this unscripted speech is great. He says a lot of things that I've said before, and that I whole-heartedly believe. I particularly like his bit regarding how we have a large part of our culture who is about equal outcome more than equal opportunity:

From his website:

Quote:

The American dream has always been rooted in the notion that hard work and merit are the surest means to advancement. We are a nation predicated on the idea of equality of opportunity. But equality of opportunity does not mean equality of outcome. We must remind our leadership in Washington that the United States Constitution defines the federal government's role clearly and it doesn't provide for an expansive government which tries to provide all things to all people. We need to return to our core principles. With this in mind, I intend to focus on five core issues:

•Reasoned Debate and Rational Policies: We must move away from partisanship and single-party rule. Bickering and demagoguery benefit no one and only serve to disengage the public from political debate. We need a new approach.
•Economic Growth and Job Creation: We must focus on growing our economy and creating job opportunities for the unemployed and the underemployed. We need a business mindset in Washington.
•Deficit Reduction: We must control our spending and manage our deficit. The future of our economy depends on it. We need leaders with the political courage to take on the deficit.
•Strong National Defense: We must maintain our strength to ensure security domestically and stability internationally. We need legislators who understand national security.
•Taxation: We must fix our broken tax system to create a more equitable, more efficient approach. Reducing the tax burden will enable and encourage economic growth and recovery. We need new thinking on tax policy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 19, 2010 4:46 PM

Re: I like this guy already. Keep an eye on him.
Monday, April 19, 2010 5:08 PM on j-body.org
Another case of "here are all the drum-beating Patriotic things we must do" without a hint of how to actually practically achieve them.

Let the Red Whlte and Blue flag wave over the platform of nothingness!

Monday, April 19, 2010 6:19 PM on j-body.org
Bill.....just shut the £ ¥ € |{ up already. If you have a counterpoint(s) or disagree, then say so and make the point.

No one buys this crap of taking back the republican party, moderate voice etc.... And no one gives a frog's fart about changing your mind, or convincing you to be conservative. As much as I dislike goodwrench and disagree with every thing that drops from his maggot-filled mouth....at least he tries to make valid points, supported with why/ why not. You on the othe hand put forth "neener neener neener".

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:31 AM on j-body.org
No. Refuse to shut up until these so-called "saviors" do!

It's all become so sickening I just want to BARF when I see this sh!t now. These @!#$s are NOT the "future of America". Moderation is. This is more extremism.

Show me what this talking head is ACTUALLY doing except revving you wingjobs up with the same old abuse of "patriotism" and "constitutionalism".

SHOW ME. That's my VALID POINT. What could be more valid?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:25 PM on j-body.org
You apparently don't see the value of the constitution, since being a proponent of said document, according to you makes one a talking head of the party of nothingness.

Highlighting one's anscestry and an American Dream story, isn't banging the drums... Could it be to show that he comes from a similar background as many of those he wishes to represent?

And what is he ACTUALLY doing? He's running for congress in the 4th district of Massachusetts. I fail to see how even a polyp like you doesn't understand that....and there are hundreds of peoe running for office this year. What are THEY actually doing?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:15 PM on j-body.org
And away we go. Because, of course, only ONE party can proclaim itself "Keepers of the Constitution". How weak.

His "platform" is nothing more than the same old tired talking points. Show me the SUBSTANCE. Show me the PLAN. Show me point by point how he intends to do anything other than just ride the wave of dissent into shore.

Politics in this country just sucks anymore. I can't understand how you people just keep buying into the same old drek, time after time.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:56 PM on j-body.org
Scott, you can't get anywhere with someone who has no other argument than "you're a nutjob", "this is extremism", and "I know you are, but what am I?". You can not have any substantive debate with someone who has nothing to offer but constant negativity. You might as well go argue with the nearest stump in your backyard.

For a brief illustration, let's take a look at his first replies to some of the more recent threads here that speak volumes:
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Another case of "here are all the drum-beating Patriotic things we must do" without a hint of how to actually practically achieve them.

Let the Red Whlte and Blue flag wave over the platform of nothingness!

Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Yawn. Another boring diatribe from the country that is too small to matter, but can't seem to realize it.

Call us when your cute little collection of provinces matters. Hey, it COULD happen!

Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Typically, a thread is a starting point for discussion, via the poster making a 'point' that others can either agree with, or take exception with.

What is your 'point'?

And then there is this, which says even more:

Lots of posting, nothing to say. As you can see, it drives people away, not because he ever proves anything, but because everyone is tired of his masturbatory babble filling up every thread here.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:05 PM on j-body.org
Well, RWE makes another thread into his own personal whinefest, instead of sticking to the facts. Gee, what a surprise!

I guess you can't tell me what this "Interesting fellow" is going to actually DO either!

Oh well, at least you can nod your head furiously and feel very self-important while you watch him on the vid. Just keep your hands where we can see them while you do. F'in priceless.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:11 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Well, RWE makes another thread into his own personal whinefest, instead of sticking to the facts. Gee, what a surprise!....
LOL. You still don't get it. Pointing out how useless your posts are is a far cry from whining. I'm simply driving the point home of how badly you fail. You love to cry foul when you sh!t up a thread with your idiocy and you're called on it. Simply put, you're the fool here, and it's more and more evident with every failed attempt at belittling me or anyone else.

And this line is pure hilarious irony coming from the most self-important, self-righteous dipsh!t around here:
Quote:

Oh well, at least you can nod your head furiously and feel very self-important...

Re: I like this guy already, 'cuz he says the same sh!t my other wingnut heroes do
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:04 PM on j-body.org
More whining, ZERO substance on what the guy will do. I win again! This is getting too easy, ladies. Way to lay down and cry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:12 PM

Re: I like this guy already, 'cuz he says the same sh!t my other wingnut heroes do
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:21 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

•Reasoned Debate and Rational Policies: We must move away from partisanship and single-party rule. Bickering and demagoguery benefit no one and only serve to disengage the public from political debate. We need a new approach.
•Economic Growth and Job Creation: We must focus on growing our economy and creating job opportunities for the unemployed and the underemployed. We need a business mindset in Washington.
•Deficit Reduction: We must control our spending and manage our deficit. The future of our economy depends on it. We need leaders with the political courage to take on the deficit.
•Strong National Defense: We must maintain our strength to ensure security domestically and stability internationally. We need legislators who understand national security.
•Taxation: We must fix our broken tax system to create a more equitable, more efficient approach. Reducing the tax burden will enable and encourage economic growth and recovery. We need new thinking on tax policy.

Will this do for a list of things he wants to do? Just in case you're wondering, its from the original post....up at the top

I'm sorry if he didn't address any specific policies he would singlehandedly get passed through congress.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:48 PM on j-body.org
Things he WANTS to do.

Again again again...Where is the substance of HOW he will achieve them?

The things he WANTS to do are lifted dripping straight from the troft the right feeds at. This is somehow Interesting? This makes this guy worth watching? How? WHY? Let's see some solid plans. I'll demonstrate, point by platform point:

1. How will he address the mire of partisanship that cripples DC? Specifics. What's his plan?

2. What are his specific ways to improve the ecoomy's growth? How are they good? What are their precedents?

3. How will we reduce and control the spending defict in a time of reduced revenues and recession? What mechanisms is he suggesting and why are they better?

4. Strong national defense...Well no sh!t. Who doesn't want that? Problem is, it's EXPENSIVE, the largest sigle cost in our budget. How do we keep it STRONG and still perform the deficit surgery he wants? I call these mutually incompatible goals.

5. Tax system: How wil he work to reform it?

His common rightwing platitudes are soothing to you guys. His lack of an actual execution plan is alarming to me and every one else who's moderate.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:34 AM on j-body.org
actually telling people what he wants to do without getting into a step by step process is something that all sides of the political figures get into. it has nothing to do with being right wing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:23 AM on j-body.org
Partisanship? Blame that on the dems. When they had a supermajority, everything was do e behind closed doors, with no republican ideas incorporated. Nancy said "we won, we make the rules".
You'll get bi-partisan behaviour when the sides can't pass laws strictly along party lines in a supermajority fashion.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:20 AM on j-body.org
I must correct myself here: Bon corked and Lindsey Graham will both try to pass one or the other. (4 trill bailout reform/ cap n tax)

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:23 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:4. Strong national defense...Well no sh!t. Who doesn't want that? Problem is, it's EXPENSIVE, the largest sigle cost in our budget. How do we keep it STRONG and still perform the deficit surgery he wants? I call these mutually incompatible goals.
No doubt he'll do it by cutting research funding lol.
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive/phd041410s.gif (image is too big to be displayed here I guess)

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:12 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:actually telling people what he wants to do without getting into a step by step process is something that all sides of the political figures get into. it has nothing to do with being right wing.

Of course not. It's just a right wing pol doing it in this instance, and this instance is what's being discussed.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:28 PM on j-body.org
I made you look Bill. You saw it and just had to look.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search