Taboo? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Taboo?
Monday, October 04, 2010 9:08 PM on j-body.org
One publicly speaks negatively about, whites, blacks, hispanics, asians, christians, muslims, budist, catholics, women, men and you may or may not loose your career. One publicly speaks negatively about he Jewish faith, and it equivalent to playing Russian roulette with the barrel full of bullets... you are guaranteed a termination. Would you say speaking badly about Jewish folks taboo?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101001/bs_yblog_upshot/cnn-fires-host-rick-sanchez-over-controverial-remarks

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Helen-Thomas-ends-White-House-apf-2747780485.html?x=0&.v=9

Whether you're a fan or not, in reality this is when Mel Gibson's career just started to fall like the stock market crash of 1987. I could not find a vid in regards to this, so I had to resolve to this old vid to give an "idea" of what happened.

Lastly, I hear on the radio, read on the paper, see on TV about anti-semitism when it comes to people talking badly about Jewish folks. Yet, a semite is also a host of southwestern Asia categories of people including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, and Arabs. But no media source calls on that BS muslim recreation center story and their protesters as anti-semitic as well. (?)
What do you say on this whole subject?

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Taboo?
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 4:23 AM on j-body.org
i dont know i seem to hear allot of jewish jokes thrown around, dont know if its more or less then the others. as for mel gibson i dont know if it was just the whole jew bashing or the fact he sounded like a raving lunatic when he did it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:41 PM on j-body.org
Goodwrench, when was that last time you ever heard of anyone claiming to be a phonecian, cannanite, akkadians, or for that matter, a philistine, hittite, amalekite, or moabite? As far as I know, they are extinct as a people group. Yes, there may be some stray chromosomes floating around, but as a people group, a race....they don't exist. You are splitting hairs over the definition, when you know full well, that the general perception, is that the phrase "anit-semitism) refers to Jews.

Also, you can pretty much guarantee, thatif you are a comedian, poking fun at different races (Dave Chappelle,Christ Rock, George Lopez, etc, then it will be tolerated, even smiled upon..( -whites are not allowed to do this)

However, when a supposedly respected journalist (or in the case of sports guy Don Imus) drops racist remarks, then they gotta expect backlash.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Friday, October 08, 2010 7:46 AM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:Goodwrench, when was that last time you ever heard of anyone claiming to be a phonecian, cannanite, akkadians, or for that matter, a philistine, hittite, amalekite, or moabite? As far as I know, they are extinct as a people group. Yes, there may be some stray chromosomes floating around, but as a people group, a race....they don't exist. You are splitting hairs over the definition, when you know full well, that the general perception, is that the phrase "anit-semitism) refers to Jews.
Those other groups may not be as popular, but Semites are not only Jewish folks, but also Arabs too. That being said, all these hatred toward the Jewish AND Muslim are anti-semitic, just like you do. I could care less on "perception," I'm not going re-write the definition just to accommodate only one certain group, and neither should the media too, as it makes it look like there is ONLY one victim here. Because the public will capture this half-ass definition and think it is correct... yes, people are that lazy to know better. You would be an example of it.

Quote:

Also, you can pretty much guarantee, thatif you are a comedian, poking fun at different races (Dave Chappelle,Christ Rock, George Lopez, etc, then it will be tolerated, even smiled upon..( -whites are not allowed to do this)

However, when a supposedly respected journalist (or in the case of sports guy Don Imus) drops racist remarks, then they gotta expect backlash.

Comedy is one thing, presenting their opinion/fact is another. Last time I checked, the three vids I'm showing... non were comedic and careers fell. Basically comedy is not in question here.

Friday, October 08, 2010 1:59 PM on j-body.org
Its the difference between a comedian and a respected journalist.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:40 AM on j-body.org
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/npr-fires-analyst-juan-williams-for-saying-muslims-make-him-nervous/19683232?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C179132

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:28 AM on j-body.org
^Good to see (a) action being taken, but still doesn't change the fact any negative Jewish talk has the biggest repercussion of any human classification.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:03 PM on j-body.org
Your latent anti-semitism doesn't just make it so because you say so.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:44 PM on j-body.org
Anti-semitic or just telling it how it is... it is what it is. Does the obvious hurt now?
Speaking of anti-semitic, you are past due to $hit on Arabs as part of religious hatred.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:46 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

you are past due to $hit on Arabs as part of religious hatred.

I don't hate Arabs....in fact I don't hate Muzzies either. I don't trust most of 'em, but not the same as hating them. They muzzies that send their young men off to do the dirty work of the older muzzies who are too chicken@!#$e to strap on a bomb vest? Yeah, I hate them. I think the perfect way to deal with Islamic terrorists is portrayed in the movie "Unthinkable".

Friday, October 22, 2010 1:06 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I don't hate Arabs....in fact I don't hate Muzzies either.

Right. But it's your conscience not mine.
Quote:

They muzzies that send their young men off to do the dirty work of the older muzzies who are too chicken@!#$e to strap on a bomb vest? Yeah, I hate them.

I don't see it any different when we send our low-income kids/family and not the rich kids into wars in order for the top to expand business/industry and make them wealthier at other people's cost. But pointing something like that out is anti-patriotic, so lets go back and $hit on a group that doesn't look like us to be patriotic once again.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search