Gauging Interest in Shirts and Hats - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Gauging Interest in Shirts and Hats
Monday, January 09, 2006 4:27 AM
^^^^I would definatly buy one of those.

Quote:

how about putting a bunch of different peoples cars??? like some of the best from teh org in a big colage(sp?) type of thing on the back, then a lil org logo like on teh front....id rock that

I would like this too, but I see it becoming some bitchfest cause everyone will want their car on there and there is NO way everyones car will get on a shirt.

Maybe some sort of contest or the cars get voted on by the people or something.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, January 09, 2006 5:36 AM
I would rock that JBO hat, just I prefer fitted hats over one size fits all....

Monday, January 09, 2006 6:40 AM
heres a t-shirt we had made last year for a club. (QBE's car)

ps - a huge JBO smiley would be awesome

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:20 AM
acidburn1022 wrote:I would rock that JBO hat, just I prefer fitted hats over one size fits all....

x2

Monday, January 09, 2006 10:09 AM
I would like to see this smiley on a hat or hoodie.

I'd rock it.

New sig in the works
Monday, January 09, 2006 11:49 AM
Jbody2nr wrote:

Quote:

how about putting a bunch of different peoples cars??? like some of the best from teh org in a big colage(sp?) type of thing on the back, then a lil org logo like on teh front....id rock that

I would like this too, but I see it becoming some bitchfest cause everyone will want their car on there and there is NO way everyones car will get on a shirt.

Still would be a huge bitchfest.

Monday, January 09, 2006 3:10 PM
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 4:41 AM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:
Jbody2nr wrote:

Quote:

Still would be a huge bitchfest.

Ah...yeah your probably right.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:18 PM
hat would be neat.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:29 AM
love all the idea but love the hat idea lokes good.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:41 AM
The hat idea looks pretty sweet.
For a shirt, it would be safest to use the same logo from the stickers on a black shirt to sell the most product and have the largest target market. Maybe on the back you could list the j-body vehicles, some companies from the site, or something about the site. But if ya do a Cav the Sunfires won't buy it, visa-versa. If you do a 2 door the sedans won't buy it, visa-versa. If you do a 3rd gen, the 1st and 2nd won't, etc, etc..........
JMHO, i'd defiently but at least 2 shirts and maybe a hat too...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:13 AM
Even if you vote, people will bitch....lets take JOTM posts for example.

A hat would be the JBO smiley up front and the JBO symbol in back...who needs a damn car on there. If there was a car on it I wouldnt wear it for that fact of it looks dumb.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:53 PM
ACav2Envy wrote:ok this is not a masterpiece by any streach of the word but it gets my idea out there. i think it would need approval by dave but i think it would look really cool. ok now bare with me people it took me literally 10 min in MS Paint....

the logo on the front is supposed to be : inlarged
the logo on the back is the one in the very upper left corner of the page.

Yea i would too buy one of those. @!#$ maybe i may even find someone around here to make one just like that for me.. ha ha. The hats would have to be the flex fit/ top fit and no open back . I'd pay up to 30 bucks for it too.... lol.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:21 PM
Hmm.the hat would be good...

though some of us need the one sizers because we have big heads...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:20 PM

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:51 AM
I like #1. #2 to plain IMO.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:01 AM
If ya can't already tell, No class on thursdays for me = bored night/day.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:25 AM
Going with the collage type idea, maybe there could be a grid of sorts... I'll try to type it up:

_____Cavalier | Sunfire | Sunbird
Gen1___X______X______X
Gen2___X______X______X
Gen3___X______X______X

The text isn't working exactly... the first collum of X's should be lined up under 'cavalier,' the second under 'sunfire,' etc.

Each X would be a silhouette of that type car from the same angle (pass side would look best IMO). For the exact car chosen, there could be voting or whatever, but the silhouettes would make it much less identifiable as anyone's specific car.

That way, there could be a fairly equal representation of all the Jbody cars without leaving anyone out (not going into sedan vs. coupe, ecotec vs. 2200, etc, which wouldn't really be noticable in silhouettes anyway).

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:37 AM
I'd buy a J-Body shirt and hat.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:03 PM
Jeremy wrote:If ya can't already tell, No class on thursdays for me = bored night/day.

Hey I dont have class on thurdays too!!!!!!

but I have to work

Id buy one of everything....maybe two.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:51 PM
Jbody2nr wrote:
Jeremy wrote:If ya can't already tell, No class on thursdays for me = bored night/day.

Hey I dont have class on thurdays too!!!!!!

but I have to work

Id buy one of everything....maybe two.

Would anyone take offense if i tried to get some prices around here for a hat like that? I am bored as hell tonight and i mentioned this idea to some friends and i was told to try a few places.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Please do.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:05 PM
ya do it the hat and shirts look awesome! i like shirt #1 better though!

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:02 PM
Ok here is what i found out. I need a nice high res version of our guy so they can scan it into their computer for their program and it would also help if i could get the font used for the typing to the JBO logo. She said it would be fairly simple to do this for us. There would be a one time $25 set up fee then its saved on their computer. Anything made after that is the price of the Hat which i got the price for the Flex-fit style which is a base price of $6-8 bucks a hat and come in many colors if one wanted different colors other than black and there are different sizes as well. Then 5-10 bucks to stich out design depending on how complex it turns out to be. So it would be around $18 bucks per hat ( est.) Maybe less. If somone can get me in a nice quality High res pic, i am willing to go get the first one made.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:35 PM
thats awesome man. but i think dave has a trademark on the jbo logo. might wanna check first. but im for sure in on one of the hats obviously

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search