What JBO "Businesses" Don't Want You To - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
What JBO "Businesses" Don't Want You To
Friday, April 07, 2006 1:54 AM
Ahhhhhhh the beauty of American capitalism. I've been back and forth on writing this thread while at work tonight, but for some reason I compelled to share this story with you.

I work for a company called Arrow Speed, it's one of 7 warehouses in the United States. I work at the warehouse in Kansas City, my hometown and my job is primarily composed of parts picking and packing / shipping.

In the last week or two, I have come across several shipments to likely members of JBO from "companies" such as A+ Performance, TurboTech, Gravana Tuning, and the likes. I've seen on numerous occasions that representatives from these companies say they "stock" certain items of interest, in respect to the thread of that particular item's interest. For example, I shipped a Pacesetter header for Turbo Tech Racing a few days ago. I shipped out a Magnaflow High-Flow cat to Michigan tonight from A+ Performance, and I've shipped numerous catbacks, intakes, headers, blah blah blah. What I think is funny is all of these "companies" operate the same. They all have accounts with wholesale distributers such as my company, and they place orders for merchandise we carry as soon as you, the customer, orders it from them. The "company" then pays a discounted rate above cost for the part that is shipped DIRECTLY TO YOU from MY company, and you pay MSRP for the part. So in a sense, all of these companies are very similar to Maximum Boost. Middlemen, nothing more. No manufacturing their own products, no R&D, none of their own inventories, and no manufacturer-direct communications. So in a sense, people like ME are the ones you trust to get you your order correctly. After all, I'm the one who goes and searches the warehouse for your precious parts. And then I'm the one who boxes it, makes sure it's packed correctly, entered into the computer system so the company you bought from gets invoiced properly, and then it gets shipped off to you from us. I dare you. Keep an eye on shipments you recieve. If the box has an "AG" in the upper righthand corner or the return address is "686 S Adams, Kansas City KS" OR if there is a pink packing slip and no return address, then how about a "THANKS TO SPOTABEE RACING FOR SUPER FAST AND ACCURATE SHIPMENT" thread? Anybody can set up an account and place an order from someone else. Me and my coworkers are the ones you depend on most, not three different companies offering similar discounts below THEIR cost from the SAME DISTRIBUTER.

I know there's really nothing a lot of you can do about this because unless you have an account with my company (requires a federal tax ID number) then sorry but you can't order. It's just how big buisiness in this country goes. Can't change it. I just felt compelled to take necessary credit for getting a lot of you the parts you crave myself. Sound conceited? Sorry if it goes, but I'm not out for the glory, just wanting to get facts out there that many of you didn't know. Oh... and I get parts through my company at close to 65% LESS than what you all are paying. Ahhhhhh the benefits.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.

Re: What JBO "Businesses" Don't Want You
Friday, April 07, 2006 2:14 AM
Ummm....that's called drop shipping...and yes, pretty much everyone here knows that's how it works.

Friday, April 07, 2006 3:45 AM
Oh oh! I don't think this thread is gonna be a happy happy joy joy thread. Regardless, thanks man for getting our parts shipped out fast.
Friday, April 07, 2006 4:28 AM
i guess we need to start having posts to thank the ups man since once it leaves you it has to be delivered, and perhaps thank my shipping department because thast where i have my parts shipped, (my work) or perhaps we should thank the original manufacturer of the part themselves.

yes drop shipping has been around for a while and most people know about it, but that in no way means everything is done that way. A+ for example is an actual store and they do stock parts, not all the parts no, and the majority of companies out there that are just selling parts dont make them themselves. i mean honestly your just as much a middle man as say a+ is. because companies ship you the product and your basically just a large shipping outfit for the stores themselves.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, April 07, 2006 4:40 AM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:No manufacturing their own products, no R&D, none of their own inventories, and no manufacturer-direct communications.

Some actually do keep their own inventory and deal directly with the companies, its about the money they are willing to fork over.

Re: What JBO
Friday, April 07, 2006 4:50 AM
ORLY????

I had no idea...........

If you can get me some parts at oh say 65% less, I will make a thread saying thanks Spotabee.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Friday, April 07, 2006 4:56 AM
Jbody2nr wrote:ORLY????

I had no idea...........

If you can get me some parts at oh say 65% less, I will make a thread saying thanks Spotabee.

Werd.

Companies here live and die based on their customer service. I don't care where the parts come from. I just care that when I order from Karo or Jason or Jim or someone else I trust, that I know my stuff is going to get to me on time and that if it doesn't, someone is going to be in touch with me to tell me exactly what's going on.

Just because they drop ship some items, doesn't mean they do it for all. What benefit would it be to us, the consumers, if they paid for shipping from the warehouse to themselves, and then again to get it to us? How would we benefit from that?

Friday, April 07, 2006 5:08 AM
I think his main point was that they claim to stock all these parts but really dont.

@!#$ i have a federal tax ID number...i might have to start up a JBO business

Friday, April 07, 2006 5:26 AM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote: Oh... and I get parts through my company at close to 65% LESS than what you all are paying. Ahhhhhh the benefits.

Get me parts at that discount and I'll post TWO threads saying "Thank you Spotabee!!!"

Friday, April 07, 2006 7:45 AM
Roscoe wrote:I think his main point was that they claim to stock all these parts but really dont.

@!#$ i have a federal tax ID number...i might have to start up a JBO business

If I send Karo a note asking if Pacesetter headers are in stock... and he calls up the supplier and they tell him that yes, they are in stock and ready to ship... and Karo then tells me they're in stock and ready to ship... how is that wrong?

I order... it ships... I get it. No problem.

Now if I call someone and ask if something is in stock and they call the supplier and find that it's not in stock... but he then tell me that it is just so they can get the sale and take my money and string me along for a few weeks until they can get one shipped... then that's bad practice and that's what buries a company. And that's one great run-on sentence.

Friday, April 07, 2006 8:14 AM
Personally I really dont care where it comes from. They could say its coming from mexico and it could come straight from guam for all I care. Just so long as it gets to me in a timely manner. Without any BS.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Friday, April 07, 2006 8:22 AM
sndsgood wrote:your just as much a middle man as say a+ is.

Just remember that whenever you point the finger at someone, there are 3 pointing back

Wild Weasel wrote:Companies here live and die based on their customer service.

AND if they provide a part at less than retail, they ARE helping the JBO community as a whole. If they can do that and make a buck or two, who's really being hurt here?

Friday, April 07, 2006 8:25 AM
Jbody2nr wrote:Personally I really dont care where it comes from. They could say its coming from mexico and it could come straight from guam for all I care. Just so long as it gets to me in a timely manner. Without any BS.

YUP!!

Friday, April 07, 2006 8:28 AM
ummm....i'm pretty sure we all know how MOST JBO businesses run. No news to us.

But, it was hard to see past all the whiney bitching, then enormous head getting in the way.

Friday, April 07, 2006 8:29 AM
hmmm , i wonder how much pull ive got with arrowspeed

im sure they would not appricate a employee talking bad about the companies they deal with

hell those companies , ARE HOW YOU GET PAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, April 07, 2006 8:57 AM
Just to clarify Gravana does not do business with Arrow Speed. I'm pretty sure once Jim sees this post he will think twice about any possible future business with them.

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:08 AM
Well, before this post I thought you were an alright guy, but now you really show how you truely are. Not only are you trying to glorify yourself, but you are actively trying to tear down the reputations of the companies who really work extremely hard to help us out. Of course they pay less for parts from you than we pay from them, thats how the chain of supply works.

I'm sure you're employer would love to know what your doing to his customers, if I were Jason or Turbo Tech, I'd be all over your company rep about this one.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:11 AM
Where have you been most of the internet companies do that. Even stores like Sears and JCPenny in a way online when they say they have something in stock it is coming from a warehouse so it is the same principal. People on Ebay do it all the time.

None of us here care as long as we are getting our parts for a good price.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:19 AM

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:27 AM
I don't get the point of this thread, do you want a reach around or something? We know not every store front has a 100,000 sqft warehouse behind it. I'm a database admin for a company similar to yours, but differnt types of products. I get stuff at lower than cost, where's my reach around?

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:28 AM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:Just to clarify Gravana does not do business with Arrow Speed. I'm pretty sure once Jim sees this post he will think twice about any possible future business with them.

Gravana does business with Keystone Automotive, which is next door and I'm pretty sure still owned by Arrow Speed.

I think the direct goal of this thread came off wrong, and I can see where a lot of companies might be a little upset. By no means do I wish anything against all the businesses that have earned their reuptation for excellent customer service, because good customer service has a higher value to me than anything else. I didn't know that a lot of you knew how drop shipping worked. This thread was mainly for me, just a vent about capitalism and how things work but really shouldn't work. Personally I think most of you are right, that it's not fair to pay someone else, to pay someone else a little less, so they pay someone else a little less, so you get the parts. Granted, that's my job, but I still just felt like criticizing our economy. Sorry for whoever I offended.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:30 AM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:Ahhhhhhh the beauty of American capitalism. I've been back and forth on writing this thread while at work tonight, but for some reason I compelled to share this story with you.

I work for a company called Arrow Speed, it's one of 7 warehouses in the United States. I work at the warehouse in Kansas City, my hometown and my job is primarily composed of parts picking and packing / shipping.

In the last week or two, I have come across several shipments to likely members of JBO from "companies" such as A+ Performance, TurboTech, Gravana Tuning, and the likes. I've seen on numerous occasions that representatives from these companies say they "stock" certain items of interest, in respect to the thread of that particular item's interest. For example, I shipped a Pacesetter header for Turbo Tech Racing a few days ago. I shipped out a Magnaflow High-Flow cat to Michigan tonight from A+ Performance, and I've shipped numerous catbacks, intakes, headers, blah blah blah. What I think is funny is all of these "companies" operate the same. They all have accounts with wholesale distributers such as my company, and they place orders for merchandise we carry as soon as you, the customer, orders it from them. The "company" then pays a discounted rate above cost for the part that is shipped DIRECTLY TO YOU from MY company, and you pay MSRP for the part. So in a sense, all of these companies are very similar to Maximum Boost. Middlemen, nothing more. No manufacturing their own products, no R&D, none of their own inventories, and no manufacturer-direct communications. So in a sense, people like ME are the ones you trust to get you your order correctly. After all, I'm the one who goes and searches the warehouse for your precious parts. And then I'm the one who boxes it, makes sure it's packed correctly, entered into the computer system so the company you bought from gets invoiced properly, and then it gets shipped off to you from us. I dare you. Keep an eye on shipments you recieve. If the box has an "AG" in the upper righthand corner or the return address is "686 S Adams, Kansas City KS" OR if there is a pink packing slip and no return address, then how about a "THANKS TO SPOTABEE RACING FOR SUPER FAST AND ACCURATE SHIPMENT" thread? Anybody can set up an account and place an order from someone else. Me and my coworkers are the ones you depend on most, not three different companies offering similar discounts below THEIR cost from the SAME DISTRIBUTER.

I know there's really nothing a lot of you can do about this because unless you have an account with my company (requires a federal tax ID number) then sorry but you can't order. It's just how big buisiness in this country goes. Can't change it. I just felt compelled to take necessary credit for getting a lot of you the parts you crave myself. Sound conceited? Sorry if it goes, but I'm not out for the glory, just wanting to get facts out there that many of you didn't know. Oh... and I get parts through my company at close to 65% LESS than what you all are paying. Ahhhhhh the benefits.

I will keep this short and I will keep this as simple as possible. Oh yeah, FLAME ON once I am done.

You sir, are what companies would call a true scumbag. Why you may ask? Who the hell do you think you are to come on a public message board and give information like this out? You don't think the information you just gave you is truely confedential between Arrow Speed and their customers? You think you can come on here and start saying stuff like that with out pissing people off? Think about it, in this day in age people want to keep everything on the DL so their competirotrs don't find anything out about the business they run. They dont want peopel to find out where they buy parts from who who there accounts are with. By the comments you made above, you have opened the door for alot of problems not only for you but for Arrow Speed as well. When you started your job at Arrow Speed did you not have to sign any kind of papers saying you will keep your mouth shut and not say anything about how Arrow Speed runs their business or who they do business with?

I wont get into on how much I dont like Arrow Speed to begin with because that is not what this subject is about.

I personally, DO NOT and I mean DO NOT deal with Arrow Speed for my own personal reasons. If you think I'm just the "middle man" then wow, you got that wrong as well. 90% of the parts I sell I have direct WD accounts with the manufacture and I get them directly through them.

Oh yeah, putting other peoples business out there on the org is not cool either.

This would be like if I were to come on the org and say "Ohhhh look at me... company X Y and Z buy parts from me so why buy it from them, you can buy it from me and get it for less"

Hope that one of the companies you listed who actually DO have an account with Arrow Speed don't call them up and raise some big time hell because I am sure to Arrow Speed the company is worth more to them then a worker is...

Like I said man... it was a mistake posting this.. even thinking about posting this... Good Luck.

Flame On if you wish.

Friday, April 07, 2006 12:00 PM
Thank you for your kind and soft-spoken words, Mr Spotabee Racing, or may we call you Mr Abe Gilbert. Your actions have caused us to do a fair amount of research, searches through our logs as well as other sites, not to mention a number of email/IM conversations and phone calls with other parties.

I'm sure it would come as no shock to anyone here that Arrow Speed has been contacted in this matter. We have heard a rumor at this time that his employment may or may not have been terminated. Though we should take into consideration that perhaps that was the goal of this post. Those with a shred of common sense, however, would understand that it is never a good idea to burn any bridges with a former employer, despite any dislike of the job.

In our research we have also uncovered a previous account here on the .org. This account was permanently banned on December 13, 2004 because of some posts on another forum...
Spotabee Racing wrote:@!#$ that site, @!#$ it's owners and moderators, and @!#$ those people who just keep trying to be @!#$buddies with GM so they'll design J bodies / delta bodies more for aftermarket / racing. NOW I don't get why JBO won't just @!#$in die since the J body won't be produced anymore. What's the point? Ok i need to stop before I strangle something.

and
Spotabee Racing wrote:i say we get a team of hackers and have JBO destroyed

The ban was a direct result of the second of those two quotes, threatening this site. We have made a positive and indisputable match between the previous account that was banned here, and Spotabee Racing, so there is no way to explain away this serious violation of rules.

Now, we would like to leave the outcome of this matter in the hands of you the members. We understand that this is a big change from the way we normally moderate here. We feel though that this may be appropriate in this matter. Spotabee Racing has not hurt us as moderators as much as he has hurt the j-body community, which is everyone here. We invite you all to add your comments to this. Do you feel he deserves another permanent ban from this site?

Its in your hands now, and the moderators are listening.

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.
Friday, April 07, 2006 12:18 PM
wow!
this is different.
well, IMO.....
from those two quotes provided, nobody should deserve to be a member here thinking anything like that.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, April 07, 2006 12:21 PM
if you ban him...what will that really do tho. he found another way in. hell do it again with a different name. hes just one of those ignorant people out there, that we all have to deal with, and it seems like the jbody community as a whole has accepted this, based on what they have said in this thread alone. IMO.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search