OFFICIAL GM SMALL CAR BASH TIME & DATE ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 5 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: OFFICIAL GMSCB TIME & DATE ANNOUNCEMENT
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:34 AM
LOL

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:48 AM
I was thinking of the bash this year. But coming from Florida location is important to me. It has gone further North. I can't complain i am not helping out really so who ever is planning has to make the decisions or there may be no bash. I have daughter and planning something to far away is not a good option.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 1:46 PM
Hey all. Simply put, for a bash to be anywhere close to feasible for this year, we had to cut costs substantially. I don't like to really talk about numbers much but you could have bought a Cobalt SS for as much as we paid to rent out IRP last year. The attendance just can not justify those expenditures. This new location is only about 20% of that! That enables us to cut prices down across the board and get the event back where it needs to be to survive.

The track may only be an 1/8 mile. But a majority of the people just wants to race against their friends. Do you really need a 1/4 mile to do that? The bash in general has needed to get very commercial to keep up with the expenses in the past few years. Too much so in my mind and that's why I decided to take it back to its roots. The bash is about meeting people and making friends. It's not about who's the fastest or who has the best looking car. It's about the people. And that's what we're trying to get back to.

So that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Smaller, more intimate, and just more damn fun!

-Tim

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:17 PM
The bash should never EVER be held West of Michigan. It just doesn't make sense when 85% of the JBO lives east of Michigan.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:30 PM
Um, based on the "not so rave" reviews thus far, maybe this should be reconsidered, if at all possible. I think the Bash is a great way for all of us to just get together and hang out, regardless of trophies, track, etc. But, if the current location doesnt cater to the event being a lot of fun, then, well.... lets discuss.

-Teske

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:41 PM
Ian Lacey wrote: I drove 23 hours down to Miami for Hot Import Nights in the winter.

Ian that was just for the trip to miami so you could see the sun again.

I wish i could but that is 2 weeks before my baby is due and i doubt my g/f would want to risk being that far from the hospital/family etc...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:20 PM
Why not do what HIN did? Make several small events around the US. Have one in, oh, say, Texas, Fl, CA, PA, and maybe Washington?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676422/1
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:35 PM
Arnjolt wrote:Why not do what HIN did? Make several small events around the US. Have one in, oh, say, Texas, Fl, CA, PA, and maybe Washington?

Keep in mind that's also a full time job for a lot of people. Big difference.

-Tim

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:42 PM
MY HOME TOWN BABY. SEE YOU THERE

Also Marion isn't in the middle of no where. There may not be much to do but its a good locations because its in the center of the US. So I'll see whoever goes in Aug.

LOVED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY, RESPECTED BY ALL....

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:46 PM
ill be there...i was ready to drive to vegas if that got picked. im also gonna be skipping school for this bash...see everyone there.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:50 PM
Arnjolt wrote:Why not do what HIN did? Make several small events around the US. Have one in, oh, say, Texas, Fl, CA, PA, and maybe Washington?

The FL "bash" is Next Friday/Saturday.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:00 PM
Ashley Becker wrote:...because its in the center of the US.

I'm rather sure the center of the US is much farther south and west.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:01 PM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:

When you are talking about driving distances yes it close to being the middle for everyone.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:10 PM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:

Also I love when people on this site try to prove people wrong when they didn't even read what the person said

no were in my sentence did I say it was the center of the US I said its in the center of the US, big difference and big hint

IL is in a region called the Mid-west

but back to the topic, for driving distances its a great location, for things to do when the event isn't going on its a bad location, Marion is only a town that has about 25k population, it may have grown since i lived there but its not that big, but it will be a good time because its about the cars and people not what the town is like outside of the show.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:13 PM
Well I'm planning on going but I will be in school soo we'll have to see what I can work around as far as that goes... (prolly going)

Winks Online

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:48 PM
so who is close to louisville KY?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:22 PM
2 weeks ago I drove 8.5 hours just to go to a show that my car wasn't in. But that is nothing for me. To meet up with some friends.

GM Small Car Bash is meeting 100's of friends.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:25 PM
Quote:

Why not do what HIN did? Make several small events around the US. Have one in, oh, say, Texas, Fl, CA, PA, and maybe Washington?

I like this idea alot but it probably wont happen

R.I.P. SAINT
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:34 PM
you could put it in a mcdonalds parking lot and id come! track, and show dont mean crap compared to meeting you guys!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:47 PM
Well that is kind of what the pre-meets used to be like. Interest in them just kind of fizzled out the last few years. Very difficult to get anyone in the local areas interested enough to organize and take charge early enough on, as well as difficult to get enough people to attend each one to make it worth while.
Matt Teske wrote:if the current location doesnt cater to the event being a lot of fun, then, well.... lets discuss.-Teske
Since when does the location have anything to do with the ability to have fun? Everytime I see you having fun, you are surrounded by people with various drinks at the hotel. Pretty sure Marion, IL has hotel parking lots.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:32 PM
yeah i went to the pre-meet back in 01 had a blast there were about 8-10, now since there are so many of us here in texas we could have up wards of 30+ for a pre-meet. Im sure New Mexico, OKC, wouldnt mind a trip here

R.I.P. SAINT

Thursday, April 27, 2006 4:25 AM
R3D05LsSport wrote:yeah i went to the pre-meet back in 01 had a blast there were about 8-10, now since there are so many of us here in texas we could have up wards of 30+ for a pre-meet. Im sure New Mexico, OKC, wouldnt mind a trip here

go ahead and start one. you dont need tim or anyone else to have your own meet. we are trying to get together once a month in indiana to hang out and you'lle get 40 or so people saying yeah i'll be there, then when it comes you get maybe 6 cars.

every bash ive been too its allways just been everyone hanging out at the hotels and hanging out with people. i dont think nightlife has been a huge factor for past events wasnt much in lordstown, wasnt much in 02 when it was near youngstown i think it was. but most people still have a blast because we all hung out at the hotels and just had a good time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:35 AM
Tim Schilling Bash Coordinator wrote:
The track may only be an 1/8 mile. But a majority of the people just wants to race against their friends. Do you really need a 1/4 mile to do that?
-Tim

ive raced both 1/8 and 1/4 , 1/8 mile suck serious balls

more so when you have a choice of 1/8 or 1/4

yes 1/4 is really needed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

our cars werent built with 1/8 mile in mind , had they been made with 1/8 mile in mind we would have a final drive in the 5.0 to 6.0 range

as alot have said before the entry price being higher wouldnt scare people away , we all understand you bend over backwards to get this event going each year , and WE ALL APPRICIATE IT GREATLY !!!!!!!!! , even though of us who have not gone to 1

so paying a little more to be in a place with 1/4 track would have been better , alot better

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:48 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]our cars werent built with 1/8 mile in mindSince when were they built with 1/4 mile in mind either?

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:04 AM
they are more 1/4 mile friendly

than 1/8 mile friendly

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search