OFFICIAL GM SMALL CAR BASH TIME & DATE ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 4 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: OFFICIAL GMSCB TIME & DATE ANNOUNCEMENT
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:28 PM
Bunch of whiners...

I drove 40+ hours, 5 days straight to get to the 01, 03, 04 and 05 bashes. I come from the West COAST baby! You know, the OTHER ocean? The sandy beaches are a mere stone's throw from my place.... well... sorta.... maybe a big throw, and a little stone. Anyway... I change the oil before I leave, when I get to the bash, and when I get back home... 10,000 km's round trip!! You never see me bitching about the distance. It's an adventure! And I bring Canadian beer with me

But this year... I can't go new job, can't get the time off Maybe next year... I don't care where it is, you won't hear me whining... even with the gas prices (yikes!). Last year was about $750 in gas...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:29 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 47 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 410.91 miles

MapQuest says for me to go down 94, then hit 57 and take it the rest of the way........ or I could take 43 to 39, and hook up with you guys in Peoria....... either way, I'll have to go put in for time off at work Now to decide which car to bring

I'll be taking 57 if you go that way. There will be others with me. That assumes that I do actually go

F/S: 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-6R 636, 1105 MILES, $7500 OBO
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:37 PM
^ We will definitely have to get a meeting spot set up around Peoria or somewhere because 57 is what I will be taking down to Marion too.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:39 PM
^ Yea. I'm sure a few will meet me at my house, than a bunch of people will meet up somewheres south of Chicago, than yall centralians can tag up near Peoria. Maybe meet the Indi people too.

F/S: 2005 KAWASAKI ZX-6R 636, 1105 MILES, $7500 OBO
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:44 PM
Maybe there should be a Michigan bash for people that don't want to drive 9+ hours to the middle of nowhere. We can drive an hour in state and reach nowhere.

I won't be there. Too long of a drive. School. No job. Maybe if it was closer to Chicago or Indy...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676422/1
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:48 PM
Roughed In wrote:^ Yea. I'm sure a few will meet me at my house, than a bunch of people will meet up somewheres south of Chicago, than yall centralians can tag up near Peoria. Maybe meet the Indi people too.

This will definitely be an experience! This will be my third Bash, but I have yet to ride in a caravan. My first "caravan" ever was on the way to the Peoria meet . I guess a four car caravan really wasn't too bad for a small meet .

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:08 PM
I cant get the time off work either, so im calling in sick, they can kiss my ass

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:24 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:Bunch of whiners...

I drove 40+ hours, 5 days straight to get to the 01, 03, 04 and 05 bashes. I come from the West COAST baby! You know, the OTHER ocean? The sandy beaches are a mere stone's throw from my place.... well... sorta.... maybe a big throw, and a little stone. Anyway... I change the oil before I leave, when I get to the bash, and when I get back home... 10,000 km's round trip!! You never see me bitching about the distance. It's an adventure! And I bring Canadian beer with me

But this year... I can't go new job, can't get the time off Maybe next year... I don't care where it is, you won't hear me whining... even with the gas prices (yikes!). Last year was about $750 in gas...

John, your not the only one who drives from the West. . . . LOL

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:40 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:
Going to Lordstown was exciting for me, home of the J, nice little trip to Ohio...............Indy was just as nice, bigger city, IRP etc........................southern IL, fairgrounds and hick 1/8th mile racing. Sorry you lost me there.

Honestly I'd rather see a rise in the cost of registration versus cheapening the venue which the bash is held at.

i kinda agree with ya joe

even though i havent been to a bash yet , but if i wanted to go this year 1/8 mile is a major turn off

enough so , that it surpasses meeting people ive never met , yet talk to daily

distance isnt much of a big deal , but location is

i think every bash before has been atleast a 24 hour or longer drive , but that was never a reason for me not going , money has been the big 1

and it will prob the same this year also

now if john woulda got the job here in phoenix , he woulda been kicking me all the way to the bash , LOL

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 3:08 PM
Ian Lacey wrote:Middle of nowhere, 1/8 mile track...

Sorry, Tim, thanks for the effort but I'll probably end up passing.

wat he said... JCO for me

-marc

daily driven.
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:02 PM
sweet its alot closer to me than indy wuz.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:48 PM
Everybody knows the first week of school nothing really happens anyways being in hs still i can see that being a good excuse if ur in college that shouldnt be a problem. Distance shouldnt be an issue gas yeah but distance NO. Caravans are AWESOME way to get to the bash Not to be missed.

Drop Top u Have to Be there man i missed seeing the pink triangle last year i want another ride in it.

Roughed-in u gotta go if u thought the peoria meet was fun u r in store for a GREAT time

track doesnt really bother me at all i just wanna go and see people and cars and get ideas for my ride

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 06
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:05 PM
Ian Lacey wrote:
NfamousZ24 wrote:Because Ian this location isn't all about money.

Well, that's all we heard about after last years bash...

And this year Tim has a little one to take care of. He didn't have the time to make multiple trips to Ohio to set this up. Yes Money has a big part of it but it isn't all because of the money. This location is close to where Tim lives and it is easier acsses for him. That is all I was trying to say Ian.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:30 PM
u people bitch too much,,, do u think its fair for the people in the south and western parts of the country that the bash is always in the northeast,...last year i was gonna drive 24 hrs to get to the bash.. but because of work cancelling my vacation i couldnt go... it lenko and karo and everyone else from this side of the country can drive all the way over there.. why cant you guys drive i little bit to meet us half way?

here comes the boost!
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:34 PM
It always has been an issue on where the bash is located. Every year the same issues come up on how far away it is from someone. You can't please everyone, that is all there is to it.

And why would it be in a small town instead of a big town? Could it be price? Maybe the smaller town and smaller track aren't as expensive as say IRP? Maybe?

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:15 PM
I quite understand, Bryan. Trust me, I am greatful of the effort. I know it's a hell of a lot of work, especially with trying to balance having a family and a real job. Like many people, I would have been dissapointed if the Bash would have faded away. I never once knocked the effort he or anyone puts forth.

My point was with the family and the new baby, I would hate to see Tim lose so much money again. And in my opinion, this location probably won't draw as many people,

And just to clear thing up with anyone else, I'm not one of the people complaining about a long drive. I think it works out to about 9 hours for me. That's not a big deal. I drove 23 hours down to Miami for Hot Import Nights in the winter. I have no problem with the distance. Just wanted to make that clear...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:55 PM
tim wasnt even going to do a show but do to interest it looks as though he got one together. now people are complaining.

i didnt see the title "what do you think about the bash"! its info for those that want to go. theres no need to get on here and bash what he was able to get together for us. so stop complaining, damn! if you can go then great, if not fine but dont get on here and bash the hard work put into this event because its not in YOUR backyard. yall are just making it worse to continue having any type of bash. how would you like it if you planned an event when your werent going to but people were asking you to any ways, then you post about the event then people come on here and complain about it. i havent had the chance to go but hopefully i can make this one. its a road trip to meet up with other j's (and other platforms)that are on here. a chance to have a good time and maybe run a track go to the beach. this isnt a serious event or a professional event just something put together for us TO HAVE FUN.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:49 PM
Eastern Cleveland Area...
Total Est. Time: 9 hours, 44 minutes Total Est. Distance: 607.63 miles

School starts that monday, we will see....I REALLY would like to go.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:00 PM
fairgrounds vs the big field at IRP....its all grass...whats the difference? and I have yet to do anything that any city had to offer, besides the arch in st louis. either way, the fun always has, and always will be at the hotel. as for people getting drunk and their @!#$ getting stolen...well, proves point lock your car before you go to bed. this was the first incident like this in several years, I'll continue to take my chances.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:11 PM
its not to far for me....3 hours i think is what mapquest said.

im goin even if it was west coast....THANK YOU for even havin it this yr, i can tell a lot of time went into preparing for this an its well worth it!

ILL BE THERE! lol

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:44 PM
hmm. i show 8 hours from my gravel road in the middle of wisconsin.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 10:52 PM
Total Est. Time: 10 hours, 17 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 683.71 miles

OUCH and i really want to go to

maybe next year

R.I.P. SAINT
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:02 PM
If you really want to go, you will!!^^

Rest In Peace, Saint.
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:57 PM
I missed last year... wanted to go this year... but:

1. End of May I start working every other weekend at my job (it's mandatory, 911 doesn't close on weekends lol)

2. Just started my job on March 27th. I highty doubt I'd have the vacation time... and they're really anal about needing vacation time to take off... unless it falls under some VERY limited circumstances. (Which is totally understandable). Had it been possible for the Bash date to have come up before March 27th and I'd pre-registered, they'd have to give me off.

I'd love to rock out the tC lol... but it's not looking promising this year. 13 hours and 5 minutes to drive (I think it said 834.7 miles) with the work situation...

Glad to see the Bash is happening, and hope everything goes well and better than last year!!! But it's not lookin good for me right now

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:04 AM
Tim has a new baby this year, as do i, so i know how little time you have when you have a newborn. because of everyone wanting the bash this year hes probalby using the only free time he has available right now to put on the bash, if you want to go great, please come out meet everyone and have a good time. but if you dont want to go or have issues with the location, why not just keep that to yourselves instead of complaining about them.

and if u really want to complain just email all your complaints to me and i will put them in the appropriate bin.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search