Official New JBO Server thread - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Official New JBO Server thread
Thursday, December 31, 2009 6:14 AM
Good morning and happy new years to each and every one of you. As you know I've appointed myself to start a thread on the dire need for a new server for the J-Body organization. For quite some time the JBO has been a plethora of information. Pioneers of the J-body platform have done extensive research, spent tons of time and money modifying, customising, taking apart and putting back together their cars in order for this information to be shared by each and every one of us. Dave runs this as a free site; kudos to Dave for the opportunity of that. Some of us take it a step further and spend a measly 20 dollars a year to become premium and have the chance to post more than 100 times a month, and get the fringe benefits of the AG.

We have a ton of members on here, some old, some new, some joining every single day. We're not asking for oodles of money, just a little donation. If everyone would donate a little, Dave could build a new solid dependable server that can handle the traffic and the amount of information added daily to this fine site. If every member donated even 5 dollars, that could go to keeping this site running faster. Dave spends a ton of money and man-power, which you can't put a price tag on, every single day for us. The least we can do is give a little back to the man respectfully called Dave.org and the site that keeps us together (and makes us fight sometimes) Think about it, if it wasn't for this site, we wouldn't have gotten the chance to meet some amazing people (and a few weddings were made possible by the site too!) I know it's just after the holidays, but I think we all can give a little something something to the dot org. Dave - if you could get us some paypal info so we can send some money, that would be great, and everyone who is donating, thank you from me.

Finally, for all of you pie lovers:

That is all.

Your car may do 13 sec @ 103 mph, but my car does 146db @ 35 hz.

Re: Official New JBO Server thread
Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:27 AM
brilliant jeff.

im down

Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:28 AM
Thanks Mike, as am I, and I know just off the top of my head there's a bunch of guys and girls who will definitely pitch in a little to help a lot.

Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:31 AM
can we rename it Prestige Worldwide......wide.....wide.....wide?

Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:43 AM
Im in. And hopefully paying the 20 bucks to become premium sometime this week/weekend.

Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:47 AM
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:if it wasn't for this site,

my car would still be stock - and that would suck.

Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:52 AM
John Lenko wrote:

Since you chimed in, if it wasn't for this site, we wouldn't have your FAQ that have helped many of people, nor your motor swaps. I think there would be a lot more stock cars, or even more hack jobs. Thank you John for your knowledge.

Thursday, December 31, 2009 9:02 AM
This is the paypal address the $ is sent to when someone buys premium.. so maybe send donations there?
paypal@gmenthusiast.com

Thursday, December 31, 2009 9:12 AM
John Lenko wrote:

wouldnt know how to do that 5-speed tranny swap with out your FAQ

my car would still be silver and spoted, system would be stock, no engine mods, no HIDs, but i would still have my spolier !

Thursday, December 31, 2009 9:39 AM
in the past, Dave has requested donations go to that paypal addy listed above. You know you can always renew your premium early and buy for several years at once.

i agree fully with this thread... especially now that we have started putting some stock in to GMDelta.com and trying to get the site to take off like this one has.

Thursday, December 31, 2009 9:55 AM
I have whored on Delta.

Lemme know where to send and Im down.

Thursday, December 31, 2009 10:18 AM
i shot dave an email about cheap servers. waiting for him to respond

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Thursday, December 31, 2009 10:19 AM
absolutely. i up my premium every year feeling good knowing i am helping this place out. i'll continue to do my part in years to come.

one thing i think needs pointed out is the fact TONS of a people would like j-body.org decals. the interest is there and lots of revenue could be generated if this went through. maybe a few dollars profit a sticker would go a long way to helping out a new server?

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Thursday, December 31, 2009 10:48 AM
I have been premium since a couple months after joining.

I will remain premium as long as I visit this site.

Donations, stickers, premi memberships all help alot.

Could we get more shirts to sell again?

They would bring in a few more dollars here and there, on top of being the coolest @!#$ shirts anyone has seen

Thursday, December 31, 2009 1:44 PM
z yaaaa wrote:absolutely. i up my premium every year feeling good knowing i am helping this place out. i'll continue to do my part in years to come.

one thing i think needs pointed out is the fact TONS of a people would like j-body.org decals. the interest is there and lots of revenue could be generated if this went through. maybe a few dollars profit a sticker would go a long way to helping out a new server?

^agreed.

but i will still gladly pitch in what i can, things have been tight lately but i'd be happy to donate twenty bucks next friday or sat when i get paid, as well as the stickers, and i too will gladly continue to renew premi every year.

oh and mike, quit actin like ur gonna go somewhere else.

Thursday, December 31, 2009 1:47 PM
next friday i get paied, ill throw 20bucks your way

Thursday, December 31, 2009 2:25 PM
Mike wrote:I have been premium since a couple months after joining.

I will remain premium as long as I visit this site.

Donations, stickers, premi memberships all help alot.

Could we get more shirts to sell again?

They would bring in a few more dollars here and there, on top of being the coolest @!#$ shirts anyone has seen

You wont leave as long as Im here since you love me.

Id be down for a JBO T-shirt. Maybe if it said Shortbus on the back of it.

Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:33 PM
This weekend I will donate and go premium as well.

I <3 the Org.!

Friday, January 01, 2010 7:50 AM
I would definitely get some stickers and shirts! And im going premium this weekend

Friday, January 01, 2010 8:37 PM
Quote:

I would definitely get some stickers and shirts! And im going premium this weekend

--- 'Honda Killer' are your joking, right? What do you that makes you think you could beat a DA6?

DiamlerChrysler Certified Technician
ASE Certified Technician
Option D Racing Member
Friday, January 01, 2010 9:14 PM
Name bashing? Couldn't come up with anything better on a late night. Sorry.

Saturday, January 02, 2010 1:41 AM
o god, shush u two lol, and when i finish buying my new rig tomroo ill throw whatever extra cash i have ur way

Saturday, January 02, 2010 11:35 AM
Option D wrote:
Quote:

--- 'Honda Killer' are your joking, right? What do you that makes you think you could beat a DA6?

i'm sure you were TRYING to insult him but the incoherent sentence made it a little hard

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Saturday, January 02, 2010 12:00 PM
im in, would gladly donate something extra to this place. do we know for sure that's the correct paypal? if so it shall be done.

Saturday, January 02, 2010 1:20 PM
Quote:

Premium Membership Expiration: March 15, 2014

lol I hope the world doesn't end before then.

It was either $80 for a mp3 player for work or this.. probably the wrong decision but I've made the wrong decision plenty of times before so its no biggie lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search