* I personally would rather have an outsider judge/judges to handle all of that stuff. I also like the idea of having one class in where the the people that are registered in the show can vote towards our own class. This will keep everyone quiet with how things end up.
That's how I intend to do things this year.
* You need to make sure everyone registers this year. There was like 80+ cars if I recall and I think you said only around 40 or 50 registered ( I believe). I understand that the people that didn't register did not compete, but I think everyone should have to register to be able to show their car there.
I can't make anyone register. Most i can do is charge to spectate. I intended on doin that...but since it was at the hotel, that was flat out impossible.
* Are you planning on having the actual show at the hotel again? I would like to see it in an area where all the cars could be together and not seperated in anyway.
I do not want to have the show at the hotel again. I'll be finding a lot. I've begun contacting the tracks, I'd like to maybe put track day and show on the same day. I didn't have the last track for the entire day, only 4 hours. After that...it was open to public
If I can, I'll have racing in the morning, with quick 8 runs around noon-1 or so. And then we can continue racing for those not showing, and go ahead and begin showing. So those who race, can continue racing, and those who show, can show, and we're not stranded at the hotel that much longer.
* As for the track, I think that the one we went to last year wasn't all that bad. I personally wouldn't want to drive a crazy long distance to go to the track. I would explore your other options and see what are possibilties and what are not.
That's as close as I could get to that particular track. Again, I'm in contact with a few other tracks to perhaps improve conditions, all depending on cost of course.
* I think that if you plan on renting the track for a day that you are asking for trouble. I think that this years setup was ideal to me, well the way it was suppose to go. I say rent the first half of the day and then the second half be public, that way we can all get our runs in by ourselfs during the morning and early afternoon and then we can continue to race with the public for the rest of the day. If you rent out a track for the whole day I believe it will just get too costly.
yes...I know this. 4 hours was all i had this one rented for
* I like the idea of the name tags. As gay as they seem it will serve a good purpose.
agreed...those are already in works, and should be completed by end of this year
* I love the idea of the Auto-X track, I think it could draw more attention from other p
I could only hope! This one will be contingent on being able to get a place secured.
* I think that trying to get the different GM platforms to try to make this one of their main shows will be key. As much as I would love to keep it an all J-Body event, I think the only way to succed and to able to continue the bash each year is if we can get other sites to take to this event.
I tried like hell last year to get cobalts to join...no one was interested. I will continue to push, but unfortunately...the solstice/sky people are all older. Those guys don't want to hang with a bunch of people from our generation. Just too much gap.
* Lastly, I just say everything needs to be more organized. I know it was the first one and it takes experience to learn how to run these events, but things need to not be so confusing. It took me a while last year to find out where to register, there was no signs anywhere it was basically just word of mouth. The judging sheets, nobody in the group I was in ever even got a sheet to judge. We could not figure out where to get them. I think that there should maybe be a sheet when people getting there explaining everything with the times and locations (with address') and where certain things (like registration and things of that nature) are located. This will make it much easier for everyone and wont make you have to do so many things at once.
Last year was supposed to be a lot more organized. I had a LOT go wrong for me. First off, my computer data crashed 2 days before the bash, non-recoverable. I had to redo a LOT of things. Then there was the whole facilities thing went sour on us due to weather. HOPEFULLY things will seem smoother. I also now know how to have people help, so there will be more "workers". Judging sheets I printed off like 80 or something, apparently that wasn't enough. Jeremy was handing them out, and I forgot all about pens lol.
I had an itinerary sheet spelled out to help everyone...again...it was lost lol
That is all I can think of right now, I'll probably have more later.
bring it on...the more you throw at me, the better I can prepare for next year!