Location Planning for 2012 BASH - Page 8 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Monday, August 29, 2011 7:21 PM
ya it would be fun to have multiple things to do. But I would hope that all activities are close. we are figuring taking off thursday and to tuesday. Now that would put us coming in friday or late thursday night and then leaving monday night.




Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Monday, August 29, 2011 7:46 PM
I only play Texas holdem'

all poker aside i think you guys should pin a definite location first and foremost , without a location there is nothing, nor will you know exactly who is going.
also bowling green wont work for my group, and just how many days we planning on making this event??



Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:11 AM
Rough estimates:

Manitowoc, WI- 11 hours/580 miles
St. Cloud, FL- 13 hour/ 800 miles
Austin, TX- 15 hours/ 900 miles
Denver, CO- 19 hours/ 1200 miles

i have a number for the nearby holiday inn hotel in order to get group rates if you would like




May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:36 AM
Bowling Green, KY


Sounds like a good idea for me.




Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:36 AM


Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:06 AM
Im with Bowling Green as well.










~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:09 PM
usually its been a arrive on thursday and leave on sunday. with events friday and saturday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:43 PM
ya bowling green sounds like there is a lot to do.



Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:15 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:

Bowling Green, KY


Sounds like a good idea for me.


I like Bowling Green too. That is about 8.5 hours and almost 500 miles for me



Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:44 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:

-MD- Enforcer wrote:

Bowling Green, KY


Sounds like a good idea for me.


I like Bowling Green too. That is about 8.5 hours and almost 500 miles for me

Yep, 8.5 hours for me as well.





Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:09 AM
hey guys, I'm in GMofSA with Ben (Ecoclean) and he's right, I think our group may have a good amount come out, which would be my first event like this ever, and it sounds like a blast!

I for one, enjoy being AT the track and just watching all the nice cars, hearing people talk about their cars, and seeing the ACTUAL work people have been wrenching on their rides.

As far as the D-bags, I know at our local meets, even the local drag strip, a lot of times cops are notified and post out there. It keeps the idiots out. So I don't know any details of setting these kinds of events up, but I would imagine notifying the businesses and local authorities of the event (locations and times), then disseminating that throughout the groups going, people will be much less likely to goof off if they know Police are on the lookout. Its kind of like knowing about a radar trap, you slow down before you get there. if ppl think there will be Police monitoring the events randomly, they may just not take the risk. Those that do, probably should get busted anyways.

I'm just a fly on the wall, thought I'd drop my .02 in, sounds like this will be a blast! I hope I can get my cav better modded before this takes place!


04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:25 AM
240 miles for me... im stoked lol




Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:55 AM
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:56 AM
blu04DD wrote:

hey guys, I'm in GMofSA with Ben (Ecoclean) and he's right, I think our group may have a good amount come out, which would be my first event like this ever, and it sounds like a blast!

I for one, enjoy being AT the track and just watching all the nice cars, hearing people talk about their cars, and seeing the ACTUAL work people have been wrenching on their rides.

As far as the D-bags, I know at our local meets, even the local drag strip, a lot of times cops are notified and post out there. It keeps the idiots out. So I don't know any details of setting these kinds of events up, but I would imagine notifying the businesses and local authorities of the event (locations and times), then disseminating that throughout the groups going, people will be much less likely to goof off if they know Police are on the lookout. Its kind of like knowing about a radar trap, you slow down before you get there. if ppl think there will be Police monitoring the events randomly, they may just not take the risk. Those that do, probably should get busted anyways.

I'm just a fly on the wall, thought I'd drop my .02 in, sounds like this will be a blast! I hope I can get my cav better modded before this takes place!


Good ideas man, thanks! Spread the word down there. Make sure yall bring Rick too lol. (bagged/shaved red cav with matching red/black wheels).










~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:57 AM
Rick and I never did get our photoshoot together



Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.



Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:07 AM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:

Rick and I never did get our photoshoot together



guess youlle just have to continue exchanging nudes of each other.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:56 AM
oh we shall


Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.



Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:04 AM
lol dammit well ive missed out every year so far.... i dont intend on it happening again lol



Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:16 PM
Looked like a blast for 2010! Was going through the pics... I know someone mentioned some more on FaceBook, is this someones personal FB or does jbody have its own FB?

And this may sound stupid...but was there a 2011 Bash? Wasn't it cancelled this year due to costs/interest?


04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:32 PM
You guys are going OLD SCHOOL with Bowling Green, KY. That was the location of the first J-Body Bash back in 98.



Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:40 PM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:

You guys are going OLD SCHOOL with Bowling Green, KY. That was the location of the first J-Body Bash back in 98.


nothing has been decided, tho i think it's a great idea



May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:52 PM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:

You guys are going OLD SCHOOL with Bowling Green, KY. That was the location of the first J-Body Bash back in 98.


Wow did not know that was the first bash location!! Perfect place for a 14 year anniversary!










~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ

Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:40 PM
Id be down for BG. I plan on going in 2012. I kinda regret not going this year strangely.



Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:01 PM
Added! and BG sounds like a good idea to me..go see the Vette factory while were there.
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:20 PM
IF noone else does, I have connections with the corvette assembly plant...



Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:02 PM
Rick will not be coming...he is out of the scene, ... sad i know...he hasnt done anything with his car in over a year,maybe longer...he got into "disc golf" , and is now engaged.



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search