West Coast Bash... any interest? - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
West Coast Bash... any interest?
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:40 PM
J-Body Northwest and with a little help from AZ JBO is looking at organizing a West Coast version of the GM Tuner Bash. I know that plenty have mentioned over the years that having it on the east coast seems to alienate all of us out here in the good ol' West. Ohio is just too darn far away, if you know what I mean.

As of right now, the 2 locations that are being looked at are either Salt Lake City, UT or Las Vegas, NV. Before this can really leave the drawing board, we need to know what kind of interest there would be.

The estimated time frame for this is scheduled to be around October (if Vegas is chosen it may not be at the same time as SEMA)

At first, it was going to be limited to J-Bodies only (mirroring the "old-school" Bash styles). However, it was decided to open this up to GM small cars. This was done to promote diversity among the GM communities, as well as try to make this something worthwhile for everyone.

Questions, comments and what not, feel free to contribute. This is as much for you guys/gals as it is for everyone else.

edit: Oops, forgot to add the e-mail replies

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:46 PM

Re: West Coast Bash... any interest?
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 7:18 AM
im in! either location. i live in vegas but was born and raised in salt lake so i'd be down for either one
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:43 AM
There's no way I'd drive to SLC, but Vegas might be doable. Please do not make anywhere near mid-August to December or I will for sure be out. Last year for SEMA I worked 37 days straight in perperation for SEMA and at SEMA plus spent a lot of money. LOL. Vegas in the summer is hell with heat and track times wouldn't be very fun.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:47 AM
I dunno. Consider me a "maybe". I'm just not that into it anymore, but I'd be more likely to go with some guys I know show up.

---

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:51 AM
Im in, I have had the chance to be at several meets in Maryland and go to the 05 Bash.

Time to meet my west coast j family

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:06 PM
oct through dec outta be good , just not the week of sema , right after would be cool

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:03 PM
FstCavZ24 (M62 ECO) wrote:There's no way I'd drive to SLC, but Vegas might be doable. Please do not make anywhere near mid-August to December or I will for sure be out. Last year for SEMA I worked 37 days straight in perperation for SEMA and at SEMA plus spent a lot of money. LOL. Vegas in the summer is hell with heat and track times wouldn't be very fun.

I'd love to be able to accommodate this request, however its looking like Oct to allow for plenty of time for planning/prep/time-off requests/savings of the monies if needed (plus I'm not making the final decisions, just assisting in the planning phase), etc...

However, if it does happen earlier, I'll be sure to let ya know

More details yet to come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:37 PM

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:25 PM
FstCavZ24 (M62 ECO) wrote:There's no way I'd drive to SLC, but Vegas might be doable. Please do not make anywhere near mid-August to December or I will for sure be out. Last year for SEMA I worked 37 days straight in perperation for SEMA and at SEMA plus spent a lot of money. LOL. Vegas in the summer is hell with heat and track times wouldn't be very fun.

come on Chad... you gotta come out man. we were kinda hoping for you and Jim to come out and maybe promote the shop a bit.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:32 PM
i'm down!

watch for flying sparks!!!
Thursday, February 01, 2007 3:26 PM
when are you thinking about doing this? If its after April I would be up for it if I can. Depends on how my shifts will be since im being stationed at Travis AFB in April

JHound
I took a Grey Hound bus to the 2005 GMSC Bash

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/501000-501999/501209_5.jpg
Friday, February 02, 2007 2:43 AM
I'll consider this if it's in Las Vegas. I know the city a bit better than I do salt lake city.

Sunday, February 04, 2007 12:39 PM
Vegas Sounds like fun. I hear its legal to gamble there.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:46 AM
Track times in Las Vegas is no problem. Midnight Mayhem is held after 8pm till like 2am during the summer. plus or minus one hour. I live in Vegas, I'm up for a bash anywhere here, in Cali, AZ, Utah... DO IT!

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:37 PM
Alright, it seems like the location has been set based on popular opinion.

Vegas it is.

SpyhunteR -- if you could PM me your e-mail addy, I have a few questions for ya in regards to Midnight Mayhem

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:06 PM
The only time I went to Midnight Mayhem it was 109 degrees at 1 AM

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:31 PM
109? At 1AM???? Oh boy... thats' gonna be fun.... Up here in WA it hardly ever breaks 80.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 6:45 AM
How about we do it when there is decent weather, not when our clothes will melt to us?

O and if we do Vegas, Flamingo is where its at

Maybe Karo and I can kill two birds with one stone that weekend...go to the bash and get married LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 07, 2007 6:46 AM

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:20 AM
FstCavZ24 (M62 ECO) wrote:The only time I went to Midnight Mayhem it was 109 degrees at 1 AM

i think the humidity was around the same too , lol

sucked that night

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:05 PM
This literally went in last night...

http://www.wcgmtunerbash.com

and the forum:

http://www.wcgmtunerbash.com/forum/

I'm still in the process of moving things around/over

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 11:23 PM
depending on when...I might be able to go. Who knows, maybe even me and a few others will be able to meet up with JHOUND somewhere and drive down there together. Just give an estimated time frame, so that I can project my leave. Who knows, maybe even my wife will be in Texas, and I won't have to worry about anything else....just me, the car, and all of y'all!!

Oh, and I use to live in Vegas....I know all about the 109 at 1am....It sucks!!!

I have some friends to stay with, so that's covered for me! Keep us updated!!

Click on my sig to check out my CarDomain site. Enjoy!
Thursday, February 08, 2007 2:22 AM
Don't be wusses, I some 12's in August. and more 12's in November. NOT A BIG DEAL JUST WHINERS ALL OF YOU!!!! lol .

- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Thursday, February 08, 2007 2:48 AM
Thursday, February 08, 2007 12:32 PM
Im in, fo sho, but I kinda gotta be what with helping plan it and all.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:12 AM
yeah if its in vegas i can be in. anytime is good with me. i wont go to SLC tho...let me know

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com

Sunday, February 11, 2007 3:09 PM
Go to the website, it is in las vegas, we just need people who are wanting to do this and will show up to start spreading the word and supplying support. SUPPORT IN NUMBERS WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search