OFFICAL - GM LoneStarBash 2009 !!!! - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
OFFICAL - GM LoneStarBash 2009 !!!!
Monday, December 08, 2008 5:48 PM

OK guys here it is! Plans are now finalized for the 2009 GM LoneStarBash !

For those that dont know what the bash is....The bash is an annual STATE WIDE MEET for GM compact/4cyl cars. Incorporated into the event
is 1/4 mile drag racing(testNtune style). and Car show with classes for every body type with trophy awards after the show.
Think of all the people from across Texas you've been talking to online, well this is your Once a year chance to not only MEET them in person,
but compete against them in show class and race them down the 1/4 mile track !!! So start making plans now ! Ask off work,rearrange your schedule,call in sick!
Details are still being worked out for the little things but the date and location are set ! Plz keep an eye on this thread for this is where i will make updates.
Future plans include a HOST hotel for the night before and after with parking lot security for the night. - After Party - Magazine coverage - Onsite Tuning -etc..

Location - Texas Motorplex , Ennis Tx : http://www.texasmotorplex.com
Best 1/4mile dragway in Texas !!

Time - February 28, 2009 9am-5pm
gates will be open at 9am for roll in and setup,Track will be open for time trials at 11am-5pm
we need to be out by 5:30pm so at 5 plz start packing up.

Price - 1 spectator = $10
1driver/1car for time trails =$15
1 Pre-registration for show = $25
1 show registration DAY OF show = $40
LSB 09' Tshirts = $19.95
*Every PREREGISTERED SHOW CAR will recieve a FREE LSB Tshirt
Pre-Registration from Dec. 8th 2008 - Feb. 14th 2009
* Anyone who registers after 2-14-09 will be subject to "day of" price ($40)

Show Classes are as follows : Kappa - (Solstice,Sky) 1st,2nd,3rd

Delta - (HHR,ION,COBALT)Street - 1st,2nd,3rd
Mild - 1st,2nd,3rd
Custom - 1st,2nd,3rd

Jbody - (Cavalier,Sunfire) Street - 1st,2nd,3rd
Mild - 1st,2nd,3rd
Custom - 1st,2nd,3rd

Please send all pre-registrations via PayPal to : lonestarbash @ gmail.com
--- the spectator and driver fees are TRACK prices,not mine,and MUST be paid ..for example:
If you plan on showing your car and not racing, plz send 35$ = 10$ spectator fee + 25$ show fee
If you want to race and show then send $40 = 15$ race fee + 25$ show fee
If you plan on just racing and not showing send $15 = race fee
get the idea?
Plz include all personal info when you send payment,name,phone#,address,year,make,model.
as well as what class you think you should be placed in *keep in mind all cars will be officially classed
when they arrive at the show.

It is VERY important that you PREREGISTER, even if you dont plan on showing your car,this not only helps us plan for the amount of people coming but helps
things go smoother for the track as well. After preregistering you will receive a packet in the mail which will include all you need to get in the gate,park,and get on the track.
Well thats it for now guys! keep an eye out for updates and plz feel free to ask any questions in this thread and i will answer them as quickly as possible.
SEE YOU AT ENNIS !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 08, 2008 8:19 PM

Re: OFFICAL - GM LoneStarBash 2009 !!!!
Monday, December 08, 2008 6:15 PM
sorry..date is Feb. 28th 2009
any one that is able to modify my post plz do so,thanks

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 9:40 AM
I plan on going so if you need help at the gate or through out the show let me knoow

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 9:49 AM
i actually wont be doing anything at the gate this year..if most people preregister like they are supposed to everything will go smooth..the only thing the gate is taking is spectator or race fees and vouchers ...those that pre register will recieve a packet in the mail with a voucher ...you give this voucher to the attendant at the gate , thell tear off their part and direct you to the "media building" which is where registration and classing will be taking place..and from there you park.
HOWEVER still looking for help planning the dallas After Party...wanna PM me any ideas you have on that ??

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 12:58 PM
I'm so pumped for this!!!!!!!!!!!! No way I'm not going to make it I need to start saving up.
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:20 PM
If I wanted to run my car down the track how much would it be ? Also not sure what you all have in mind for after party wise

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:50 PM
sounds good

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:59 PM
R3D05LsSport wrote:If I wanted to run my car down the track how much would it be ? Also not sure what you all have in mind for after party wise

Price - 1 spectator = $10
1driver/1car for time trails =$15
1 Pre-registration for show = $25

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 6:31 PM
jesus ramon read alittle lol. i run you with my merc

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 8:23 PM
Hope to running a J this time, but me and my brother are definitely coming again.

So if wanna just drag we only need to pay 15 or is it 25 all together?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 5:04 AM
well if you are racing and you bring someone thru the gate with you then that would be 15 to race,and 10 for spectator =25
come on guys..have you all never been to a track ?

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:10 AM
Well I assumed it was only 15, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the info.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:44 AM
Yes but tracks to race and get in are normally15 for everything

Friday, December 12, 2008 7:23 PM
If i got a company to bring a mobile dyno out to the bash and people could make dyno runs at the track..who would be interested??? 3runs for 75$

Saturday, December 13, 2008 7:03 AM
scott, you should email the org and get this info on the front home page. they still have an event for 08 on the home page.

also i added this to the "event" forum if you want to keep an eye there. it looks as though the the yearly GM bash is being planned also for '09.

Friday, January 02, 2009 3:04 PM

Are foreign sunfire owners also invited? Texas is the closest j-body group from the org.

Any idea how long will it take me to drive from Monterrey, Mexico to Ennis Texas?

Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac...
Friday, January 02, 2009 3:43 PM
All are welcome man you might want to leave a day or two ahead of time though. This show is well worth it and scott I will send you the 25 pre registration to race I want a tshirt :p

Friday, January 02, 2009 9:03 PM
I wish I could go earlier but everyday means $$ in hotels, food etc. I will ask a friend to help me drive and I think IŽll travel on Friday 27 and return on sunday march 1st. I have searched and its a little bit more than 11 hours from my city to Ennis (non stop). I guess I will stop at McAllen to do some shopping lol.

I wanna race so bad but Im not sure my insurance would cover if anything happened while racing. Also my car is almost stock just a few vanity mods (new paint, all stock seats in vynil - leather, 1000 watts amp, kicker 6.5 speakers, jbl 6 x 9), rims, toyo tires, 2.25 exhaust and an autozone conical filter lol. I guess IŽll try to make some good performance mods to whore my car when I meet u guys and make a 24 hours drive worth it lol.

Any suggestions on what would be good not too expensive performance mods? (sunfire parts are scarce here in Mexico, its a pain just to find strut mounts...)

I also want a t shirt!!

Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac...
Saturday, January 03, 2009 7:15 AM
hey man if you wanna save alittle money you might wanna ask someone to go inwith you on the room...the host hotel is listed on a thread below this one..65 a night..split that with someone else and your cost is cut in half !

Saturday, January 10, 2009 10:46 AM
talked to scott and NO ONE has preregistered as of yesterday. there may not be trophys if there no idea on how many are entering. we will be in the same boat as last year.

as mentioned up above from scott:
It is VERY important that you PREREGISTER, even if you dont plan on showing your car, this not only helps us plan for the amount of people coming but helps
things go smoother for the track as well. After preregistering you will receive a packet in the mail which will include all you need to get in the gate, park, and get on the track.

Saturday, January 10, 2009 4:24 PM
Hmm i think imma go, and enter the show lol i know i would win dead ass last lol

Sunday, January 11, 2009 12:06 PM
hey ben get ahold of me need to talk to you

Sunday, January 11, 2009 4:25 PM
good luck. he wont even answer my texts and he OWES ME PARTS.

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Sunday, January 11, 2009 6:18 PM
so scott this is what I need to send

bumble bee race and show---40
sweet_p show---------------------35
dark knight show------------------35
total 110

so is that correct? I will send it paypal

Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:54 PM
Gee way to side step me and rick fawker

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search