z24cavalier3400 Build Thread - Page 5 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:09 PM
looks like the build is coming along like most j builds. you will get it figured out. all of these pics make me miss PA.




Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:55 PM
My Z is Slow (Mike) wrote:

looks like the build is coming along like most j builds. you will get it figured out. all of these pics make me miss PA.


One thing I cannot figure out is all the annoying rattles inside the car and the suspension.!!!!!!!!! I hate rattles.




On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:23 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:

My Z is Slow (Mike) wrote:

looks like the build is coming along like most j builds. you will get it figured out. all of these pics make me miss PA.


One thing I cannot figure out is all the annoying rattles inside the car and the suspension.!!!!!!!!! I hate rattles.


my wife hates them too, unfortunately I only run gm products and it is par for the course. i offered to adjust the shocks on the zr2 to full soft but she knows it won't matter





Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:39 PM
My Z is Slow (Mike) wrote:

Rob Dotterer wrote:

My Z is Slow (Mike) wrote:

looks like the build is coming along like most j builds. you will get it figured out. all of these pics make me miss PA.


One thing I cannot figure out is all the annoying rattles inside the car and the suspension.!!!!!!!!! I hate rattles.


my wife hates them too, unfortunately I only run gm products and it is par for the course. i offered to adjust the shocks on the zr2 to full soft but she knows it won't matter

Same story with my d specs man lol. My girl, "HOW CAN YOU ENJOY THIS!?"



"In Oldskool we trust"
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:07 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:

My Z is Slow (Mike) wrote:

Rob Dotterer wrote:

My Z is Slow (Mike) wrote:

looks like the build is coming along like most j builds. you will get it figured out. all of these pics make me miss PA.


One thing I cannot figure out is all the annoying rattles inside the car and the suspension.!!!!!!!!! I hate rattles.


my wife hates them too, unfortunately I only run gm products and it is par for the course. i offered to adjust the shocks on the zr2 to full soft but she knows it won't matter

Same story with my d specs man lol. My girl, "HOW CAN YOU ENJOY THIS!?"


my vert is the same was was hers initially but d specs fixed that issue..



Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:25 PM
I have the factory struts in. Its the rattle of the interior since the engine is using solid bushings and the control arm bushings being like a rock. The whole interior rattles now and my passenger door!.




On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:29 PM
Well my charge pipe was smaller then what I ordered. I ordered 2.0" and I found out after I cut it all and went to connect it to my intercooler it was 1.5in. Car is running now just need an intake hose.

Installed my stubby antenna! (no radio signal ) :x
Have to permanently mount my 2nd exhaust hanger
Fixed my PCV valve. The Intake port was completely clogged. I assume it was causing the oil on the spark plugs, smoky exhaust, and oil in the cylinders.






















On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:16 PM
Well no more smoke really. Have a faint amount come out when first started for about 5 seconds almost unnoticeable. There is a puf that comes out at wot in 1st but I cannot do this in any other gears since its not runing right in high rpms. My new coil pack from GM comes tomorrow.

Installed my mirror visors. They actually work really nice.
Japan special, only took 3 days to get here.















On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Friday, November 15, 2013 3:35 AM
Nice addition

car looks in great shape too



Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Friday, November 15, 2013 5:43 PM
Bought a brand new coil pack from the GM dealership. Car still wont start with any coil pack but the factory one.

Washed the car!
Cut the K member to clearance the exhaust.
Look how shiny
Adjusted the ebrake now it works again!
Ran a vacuum to the bypass valve.























On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Saturday, November 16, 2013 5:38 PM
Found some goodies.

Got the Saab heat shield bracket installed.
Heat shield installed
New washer fluid pump installed
New washer fluid line installed
Saab intake tube installed
Coil pack and module installed
Installed my seat belt cover on the drivers side. Thing kept flying off when I folded my seat front.



























On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Sunday, November 17, 2013 4:50 PM
Installed my ecotec throttle cable. What a nightmare, took over an hour.
Installed Saab turbo bracket. Added a washer since I could get it to screw in all the way.
Installed my throttle cable shield.
Finished the charge pipe. Just need 6 more t clamps.
Temporary fix for my coil pack. Bolt stripped in the valve cover. Only 1 of the 4 bolts grounds the thing.
It looks like it came factory

































On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:36 PM
Did you take the entire washer tank out to replace the washer pump?
Both the cavaliers I have owned didn't have working windshield washer fluid pumps working.
And also my washer fluid lines seem to be melted by the battery.
Easy stuff to install?
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:36 PM
Here is how the car is running with everything hooked up.



















On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:46 PM
Andrew Cramer wrote:

Did you take the entire washer tank out to replace the washer pump?
Both the cavaliers I have owned didn't have working windshield washer fluid pumps working.
And also my washer fluid lines seem to be melted by the battery.
Easy stuff to install?

In 2001 they changed the washer squirter lines. They are all black and all one piece of prebent hose from the bottle to the wirpers. Get those from any 2001-05. 2000 and lower had a clear line and a black line and they always brake. The pump just snaps into place just like the line. You take the pump out by tipping the top towards the engine and it will unsnap then pull and twist it up. It you are full of fluid it will pour out so get a bottle for it to go into. The whole thing takes about 5-10 mins to do. Dont forget to unplug the pump. My pump stopped working after the swap for what ever reason. I never had an issue with it before.




On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Sunday, November 17, 2013 8:12 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:

Andrew Cramer wrote:

Did you take the entire washer tank out to replace the washer pump?
Both the cavaliers I have owned didn't have working windshield washer fluid pumps working.
And also my washer fluid lines seem to be melted by the battery.
Easy stuff to install?

In 2001 they changed the washer squirter lines. They are all black and all one piece of prebent hose from the bottle to the wirpers. Get those from any 2001-05. 2000 and lower had a clear line and a black line and they always brake. The pump just snaps into place just like the line. You take the pump out by tipping the top towards the engine and it will unsnap then pull and twist it up. It you are full of fluid it will pour out so get a bottle for it to go into. The whole thing takes about 5-10 mins to do. Dont forget to unplug the pump. My pump stopped working after the swap for what ever reason. I never had an issue with it before.


Now that is good information right there. I will see what I can do with that some time soon.
I have been just cleaning my windows every time I fill up for gas at a gas station.
Would you know if the pump/tank changed any year?
A buddy of mine has a 99 washer tank and pump that I might snag.
Mine leaks from the connection of the tank and the pump, so i have yet to figure out if its the tank or the pump (but the pump doesn't work regardless)
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:12 PM
I have no idea if pre 2000 are the same. I never looked at them. Just letting you know.




On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Monday, November 18, 2013 5:02 PM
Powder coated my new valve cover and it didn't even come close to matching.

Installed my camaro IAT sensor in my charge pipe.
Found my IAT sensor stuck behind me intake manifold. That's probably why it ran like crap in high rpms.
Blew apart a spark plug after being in for a week.


















>:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o




On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:42 PM
It's Dead!!!!
GAME OVER! It was fun while it lasted.





On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:50 PM
Darnit, I was starting to like this car
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:45 PM
Sell you head for cheap, 58k only but valves are bent from when I over reved it but its clean as hell on inside, 75 shipped for it


FuzzMASTA9

Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:50 PM
Pete P wrote:

Sell you head for cheap, 58k only but valves are bent from when I over reved it but its clean as hell on inside, 75 shipped for it


Thanks Pete. I have something I am going to try first. If that doesn't work out I'll get in touch with you.




On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Friday, November 22, 2013 7:23 AM
I have a spare head



Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Friday, November 22, 2013 8:33 AM
My Z is Slow (Mike) wrote:

I have a spare head

We will see what happens. I just scrapped my spare head a few days ago. It may be time for something different.




On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: z24cavalier3400 Build Thread
Monday, November 25, 2013 5:58 PM
Revived
Picked up some minimeter ev1 plugs $15 a pigtail
Installed my 42lb injectors
Got a 2.75" t clamp
Got 10 2.0" t clamps


Picked up some parts off a 2003 Saab 2.0t.
Aluminum intake manifold
Cylinder head
Vacuum lines
Valve cover























More:

Very clean inside.











On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search