Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 21 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Sunday, January 13, 2008 4:33 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:
Steve W wrote:I got a question. I measure my exhuast piping this morning and there is 44"-45" of straight pipe with the cat in the middle. Couldn't they move the cat down towards the downpipe to open some free space for a resonator?

should be able to, and upgrade to a high flow cat too...

why?

------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, January 13, 2008 5:41 PM
im sure a high flow is gonna be better than stock. and if he wants to fit a bigger resonator in there and doesnt have enought straight pipe then hes gonna have to move the cat up...

Sunday, January 13, 2008 6:15 PM
The problem would be that your exhuast is only as big as your smallest pipe. If i put a high flow cat on, and didn't change much else, I would actually create more backpressure, which would make it raspy.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:33 PM
a 'high-flow' cat is nothing more than a cat with a larger diameter inlet and a larger diameter outlet. there's nothing inside that make things 'flow' any better than a stocker.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:33 PM
z yaaaa wrote:a 'high-flow' cat is nothing more than a cat with a larger diameter inlet and a larger diameter outlet. there's nothing inside that make things 'flow' any better than a stocker.

Not true, the "honeycome" on the inside is less restrictive than that of a stock cat and the holes are slighly bigger, I've cut up a stock and magnaflow cat you can visually see the difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:34 PM

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Monday, January 14, 2008 5:42 AM
then i guess a exhaust shop 'expert' that has been in the business for 40 years lied to me.

Monday, January 14, 2008 6:23 AM
I finally did a compression test on my newly built 2.4 and it came out 220 220 190 210 in order from timing chain side to drivers side. Not sure what is with the 190. At this point I amk just going to keep an eye on that cylinder as it does not seem worth pulling it apart to me at this point.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:31 AM
jesus wade, let the damn thing break in a little!!!! its got what, 2000 miles if your lucky, on it?.

give it a little time and hopefully those lower numbers will pop up where they should be, 220 on 2 is excellent with lower compression pistons than your engine had stock, idk how the hell you managed those numbers.

i think when we did mine all 4 were right around 205.

Monday, January 14, 2008 9:10 AM
Well I was a litle worried I might have had the wrong pistons but after talking to karo and going over the specs listed on the spec sheet wiseco sent it looks like I should have 9.5:1 pistons. A negative -3.00cc dish= 9.5:1 according to karo and that it what is listed on my spec sheet from wiseco.

So does anyone know how you figure what your psi should be with certain cr pistons when doing a compression test. I am thinking there is a formula for this.

Monday, January 14, 2008 1:51 PM
z yaaaa wrote:then i guess a exhaust shop 'expert' that has been in the business for 40 years lied to me.

Come on Brad you're smarter than this. How can a company advertise something as "high-flow" when it really is just in the size of the inlet/outlet. I've seen the differences first hand dude. As well as in the magnaflow catalog they show the block of honeycome in the stock cat vs. the 2 small pieces that are in the magnaflow. Once again, DO NOT believe everything you are told by the "shop experts" we've been over that before, and I believe the last time we went over it I was right on that occasion too.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Monday, January 14, 2008 4:29 PM
Skunk - REBORN 4/08 wrote:Once again, DO NOT believe everything you are told by the "shop experts" we've been over that before, and I believe the last time we went over it I was right on that occasion too.

memory recall button ACTIVATE!

Monday, January 14, 2008 7:17 PM
Whats up guys? hows the Js treating ya? im slowly gettin out of it i dont want to but yeah know how that is. got my Truck almost done. starting to think about gettin my self a 78 Bronco

99z for 2015.. I'm back bitches
Monday, January 14, 2008 8:30 PM
Picking up a Borla round exhuast with 3" tip (2.25") from Tsmiley off NESS for $100. I will go from there.

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:46 PM

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:10 PM
Quite crowd.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:27 PM
I want to hear sounclips. I take it you will be installing the resonator at the same time right?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:01 PM
Yeah, unfortunately the deal on the borla fell through. I'm getting a Dynomax Superflow Turbo muffler with a Dynomax Super 22" Glasspack. I will still take sound clips in between the two, so you can hear the difference of the resonator.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:40 PM
Sucks that fell through man.

Tommorow is my Birthday!

I am an old fat man!!!

My presents include . . . SNOW ! ! ! !

Who knows maybe I will finally buy a muffler and header and get my exhaust done!?!?!!

Sorry if I seem too excited for this time of night.

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:08 AM
Steve W wrote:Yeah, unfortunately the deal on the borla fell through. I'm getting a Dynomax Superflow Turbo muffler with a Dynomax Super 22" Glasspack. I will still take sound clips in between the two, so you can hear the difference of the resonator.

that should sound sick.

tommy-go for it man! happy b-day!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:31 AM
happy b day tommy

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:44 PM
The muffler is the same that I had On my cavy, but this time with a big resonator!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:48 PM
yeah, resonators are definatly for the win on an NA car with a big muff.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:57 PM
^^^ Slo

99z for 2015.. I'm back bitches
Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:35 PM
meh there slow anyway

Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:28 AM
You omaha guys are PATHETIC. I've gotten a visit from Tommy Boy, and Zyaaa and brad isn't even really that close to omaha. The most frequent person to visit me here, is Duston (JLaudiocavalier) and he lives in MAINE!!! whats the excuse? We all need to get together soon, I get bored easy lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search