Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 34 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Friday, July 22, 2011 1:44 PM
I'll agree with you on the K brace David, it was one of my favorite mods.

Friday, July 22, 2011 2:16 PM
Where would I find that K-brace? Other than here obviously.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Friday, July 22, 2011 2:47 PM
Turbo Tech Racing made the brace I was using then gave to Sneezy

Friday, July 22, 2011 3:43 PM
So are we going to hang out again sometime or what?

I have no signiture
Friday, July 22, 2011 4:02 PM
There's the brace mack linky. Next saturday/sunday Ill be busy. Not sure about the weekend after that yet havnt gotten my work schedule, but Im def ready for another meet up.

Dave

Saturday, July 23, 2011 10:30 PM
So, which weekend shall it be? The 30th won't work for me, found out the 6th will work now, or shall it be the 13th?

Sunday, July 24, 2011 6:59 AM
Any of those days are fine with me, but the 30th might be too soon for most to commit.

I have no signiture
Monday, July 25, 2011 7:48 AM
Yeah I'm thinking end of august. This way gives ample time for people to do what they need to. So how does that sound???

Monday, July 25, 2011 11:31 AM
End of august works,ill be back at school by that point so i wont have to worry about requesting off work.

Dave

Monday, July 25, 2011 2:18 PM
27th?

I have no signiture
Monday, July 25, 2011 8:09 PM
27th sounds good to me. Idk why but today I got the urge to see what the '03-'04 LSS front would look like with '00-'02 headlights and hood. I know it wont work without major work on the bumper, but heck im sure i can find a base model one sitting around somewhere for cheap that I could hack into. Also tonight me and mack went to this cruise night in mchenry, pretty fun although we were the lone J's among old muscle cars and what not lol. But on september 26 they are having a sport compact/fast and furious night (yes it says fast and furious on the flyer) so we figured we would post that up on here and maybe we could get some people together and like have a little mini meet at a larger car show.

Dave

Monday, July 25, 2011 8:31 PM
Yeah, the cruise night runs from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM on Monday nights till a week or two in October, and if you get there after 5(like we did tonight) parking is a bit tough. It would be awesome if we can at least get 3 or 4 more J's up there with myself and Dave. And the way it read for the Feature Car of Week on the flyer, "Fast and the Furious Night (Sport Compacts & Asian Cars).

Btw Dave, http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=450817&t=450771

Monday, July 25, 2011 9:09 PM
Oh and btw, here's the only pic from tonight's show(mainly cause I was lazy).

Monday, July 25, 2011 9:18 PM
^ Sorry dude, but I'd have to take the silver Cobra over the silver Crapalier Even if the Cobra is a kit instead of real - who doesn't see at least a dozen or more Cav's & Sunfire's every day?! haha! The only time I see Cobra's is show's and occasional Cobra cruises when the owners get together - typically going to a show lol
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:25 AM
Thanks mack I knew I saw a car with that before but couldnt find the thread anymore.....needless to say thats gonna happen at somepoint looks so much better than the '03-'04 headlights. I took the pic of the cobra and my car mainly because the two were exactly the same color, it was kinda neat seeing em in the reflection lol. The guy never told us if the cobra was real or a factory five kit. He got this weird look on his face when we mentioned factory five, the kinda look where your like why the hell would i buy that $#!& lol. All he said was it had BMW suspension and a sweet Roush engine....sounded mean as hell.

Dave

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:36 AM
The cruise night sounds interesting so I may go, depending if all goes well with my car. She still isn't running but tonight is a little more chipping away and then boom done. Its a lot of little @!#$ right now that adds up. But she will get done. My buddy is coming over to help me today so ill def make some lead way with her again. Hopefully tonight she will get done and I can take her to the muffler shop tmo and have them clamp the exhaust on for me, but we will see. Its better to not rush anything right now and take our time so we make sure it goes in right. Sure enough tho, by the end of this month the car will be rhunning under her own power!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:37 PM
Rebel Racer wrote:^ Sorry dude, but I'd have to take the silver Cobra over the silver Crapalier Even if the Cobra is a kit instead of real - who doesn't see at least a dozen or more Cav's & Sunfire's every day?! haha! The only time I see Cobra's is show's and occasional Cobra cruises when the owners get together - typically going to a show lol

F*** Silver Cobras...

...A "Gold Cobra" is where it's at.

I have no signiture
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:50 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:The cruise night sounds interesting so I may go, depending if all goes well with my car. She still isn't running but tonight is a little more chipping away and then boom done. Its a lot of little @!#$ right now that adds up. But she will get done. My buddy is coming over to help me today so ill def make some lead way with her again. Hopefully tonight she will get done and I can take her to the muffler shop tmo and have them clamp the exhaust on for me, but we will see. Its better to not rush anything right now and take our time so we make sure it goes in right. Sure enough tho, by the end of this month the car will be rhunning under her own power!

I'm sure you'd be able to get her running for it since it's about two months away. Also, as for that day, to get the best spots, we would ideally have to get there are 4 PM. So if we want to meet up somewhere a bit earlier and head on over it would be good. We've got the time to get things organized. I have a feeling either myself or Dave should start a new thread about it.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:09 PM
macktruck84 wrote:Yeah, the cruise night runs from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM on Monday nights till a week or two in October, and if you get there after 5(like we did tonight) parking is a bit tough. It would be awesome if we can at least get 3 or 4 more J's up there with myself and Dave. And the way it read for the Feature Car of Week on the flyer, "Fast and the Furious Night (Sport Compacts & Asian Cars).

Btw Dave, http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=450817&t=450771
Wheres this cruise at?

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:31 PM
It is here. It's at the parking lot of McHenry Savings Bank between Green St and IL-120 in McHenry, Illinois.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:57 AM
macktruck84 wrote:It is here. It's at the parking lot of McHenry Savings Bank between Green St and IL-120 in McHenry, Illinois.
every Monday? Might have to check this out next week.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:21 AM
Yeah if this is going on every week, I may make a appearence. But time is going to be really tight now. I do have great news tho. Since me and my partner have been busting ass working on cars, we finally caught someone's attention. As of Tuesday night we met with a guy who wanted to bring us in as co-owners of the shop he had. We sat down and after about 3 hours of talks reached a agreement. So starting Monday, me and my partner ted are now co-owners of Benchmark Tuning here in Franklin Park. Illinois. So starting Monday we will be working there after 230pm so my days will be pretty booked. Bright side is the other co-owner is a awsome tuner and really knows his stuff with HP Tuners and is willing to get into the J scene especially since I have one and I told him what I want to do with it. As long as it gets our name out there were good. So that was a good thing. Its nice that when ur hard work pays off, to be brought into a shop and not have to give any money upfront to become a coowner. This is just a temp situation as were gonna try it out and see what happens. We will still make money, which is nice, the shop will make money which is the best deal and its a win win for all of us involved. Its exciting as hell and I cannot wait to get in there and start turning out customers cars.

Also, as of today, my vert should be done. I have litereally to put a splash guard back on, fill with oil, and trans fluid, and coolant do the relearn of the pcm, and put tires back on. And boom, if all is well my babai will be back on the road with a ecotec!! So all in all this week looks like a great week!

Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:16 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Yeah if this is going on every week, I may make a appearence. But time is going to be really tight now. I do have great news tho. Since me and my partner have been busting ass working on cars, we finally caught someone's attention. As of Tuesday night we met with a guy who wanted to bring us in as co-owners of the shop he had. We sat down and after about 3 hours of talks reached a agreement. So starting Monday, me and my partner ted are now co-owners of Benchmark Tuning here in Franklin Park. Illinois. So starting Monday we will be working there after 230pm so my days will be pretty booked. Bright side is the other co-owner is a awsome tuner and really knows his stuff with HP Tuners and is willing to get into the J scene especially since I have one and I told him what I want to do with it. As long as it gets our name out there were good. So that was a good thing. Its nice that when ur hard work pays off, to be brought into a shop and not have to give any money upfront to become a coowner. This is just a temp situation as were gonna try it out and see what happens. We will still make money, which is nice, the shop will make money which is the best deal and its a win win for all of us involved. Its exciting as hell and I cannot wait to get in there and start turning out customers cars.

Also, as of today, my vert should be done. I have litereally to put a splash guard back on, fill with oil, and trans fluid, and coolant do the relearn of the pcm, and put tires back on. And boom, if all is well my babai will be back on the road with a ecotec!! So all in all this week looks like a great week!
W00t now i have somewhere to bring car when my engine blows and actually trust the people who are working on it!!!

Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:25 PM
Edward Trainor wrote:
macktruck84 wrote:It is here. It's at the parking lot of McHenry Savings Bank between Green St and IL-120 in McHenry, Illinois.
every Monday? Might have to check this out next week.

Yes it is till after October 10th.

Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Yeah if this is going on every week, I may make a appearence. But time is going to be really tight now. I do have great news tho. Since me and my partner have been busting ass working on cars, we finally caught someone's attention. As of Tuesday night we met with a guy who wanted to bring us in as co-owners of the shop he had. We sat down and after about 3 hours of talks reached a agreement. So starting Monday, me and my partner ted are now co-owners of Benchmark Tuning here in Franklin Park. Illinois. So starting Monday we will be working there after 230pm so my days will be pretty booked. Bright side is the other co-owner is a awsome tuner and really knows his stuff with HP Tuners and is willing to get into the J scene especially since I have one and I told him what I want to do with it. As long as it gets our name out there were good. So that was a good thing. Its nice that when ur hard work pays off, to be brought into a shop and not have to give any money upfront to become a coowner. This is just a temp situation as were gonna try it out and see what happens. We will still make money, which is nice, the shop will make money which is the best deal and its a win win for all of us involved. Its exciting as hell and I cannot wait to get in there and start turning out customers cars.

Good to hear bud. The best of luck to ya.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:16 PM

nice!!! if you guys ever need some help, and you pay cash, you know im always available. im always down to make some extra change working on cars and modding them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search