Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 32 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Monday, June 27, 2011 8:10 PM
No worries, I am already writing it but I can't post the map.

Monday, June 27, 2011 8:11 PM
Then I'll get the map.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Monday, June 27, 2011 8:16 PM
NEW MEET POST IS UP!! So whoever is going to come, post in it and let's make it a big one!! Also tomarrow ill text bronzecavi and another guy I know from southern illinois and try and get them to come through also.

Monday, June 27, 2011 8:31 PM
Working on map.

Monday, June 27, 2011 8:37 PM
Alright, map's up.

Monday, June 27, 2011 8:42 PM
macktruck84 wrote:Alright, map's up.

Thank you sir!!

Monday, July 04, 2011 3:38 PM
Happy Freedom Day bitches

I have no signiture
Monday, July 04, 2011 5:10 PM
yar!....no more limeys

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:06 PM
Welp, after a tedious 3 hours at the junkyard this past Saturday, and loosing about 10 pounds from sweating so damn much I have the valve cover and complete engine harness. Now I was gonna ask, does anyone have the bracket that mounts the upper motor mount to the engine and the bracket on the bottom to connect the dog bone mount to the engine. Those two parts ill need, unless if someone knows if I can reuse that stuff from my LD9. If not I'm heading to the junkyard, yet again lol

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:13 PM
I call bull@!#$....there is no way in hell Mike could loose 10lbs sweating at the pull a part, he's a dam toothpick. I call BS! j/k I was out at the yards myself with my old lady and Rare5spd, pickup a nice vert bar and another fuel rail to mod for my portfueler knockoff. I also had no luck in finding a non cutup eco harness... However i did find 3 pairs of aluminum N body knuckles, I just didn't have any cutting tools to get the tie rods or nuts off the heim joints ....oh well maybe next time then I'll be closer to my hybrid suspension.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:33 PM
Good to hear your making progress mike. As for my ride progress has pretty much stopped lol Im waiting on some money to come in so I can buy my lower mount. Also just throwing it out there now would anyone be interested in helping me install my upper and lower mounts, trans mount, and my k brace? Anywho I have picked up a nice little side project Ill be starting on soon as well as installing a sound system in my brothers cobalt. Ill post pics of my side project soon.

Dave

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:12 PM
Jeff, ha ha ha lol. Its all good. I got really lucky only one wire was cut on this one and it was too the overflow tank, so I just went to the other car there and cut the one off that one and called it a day. It was a PITA tho to get that damn thing out of there. But I got it. I will probable have to go back tmo mourning to get those two brackets I need but that's it. Friday my car gets her engine yanked out and I cannot wait. I'm hoping all my other parts come in too. I ordered a Tsudo header (its only gonna be temp since ill be building the motor this winter) and a weapon r intake and I'm hoping those make it in before Friday. If they do its on, if not it will be next weekend. But they should. I got the upper mount from a member here already so I'm not worried about that and I got the malibu PCM that will work for our car so I'm pretty damn ready. I'm gonna wash the motor tonight because I'm thinking of painting it before it goes in. I'm gonna kinda go nuts and do a gm orange block, black trans and white valve cover. Just for it to stand out. Yeah I know it won't match anything but I think it will be cool. Heheheh.

David, you should come over Saturday and see how easy it is to do the mounts. Then u can do them. All u rlly need is a jack and socket set 1/2" would be easiest. But the mounts are crazy simple. The K frame brace is a little more tricky since u need to drill but still easy. Just make the holes and drill and bolt up and done. I have one and should throw it onto the car while its down. But ill be already installing a new ps rack and outter tie rods so the todo list is long enough lol.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:17 PM
I spent all weekend welding, and didn't accomplish a damn thing...(except for finding out my merge collector needs to be a complex set of three angles )

I have no signiture
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 6:21 PM
Whalesac wrote:I spent all weekend welding, and didn't accomplish a damn thing...(except for finding out my merge collector needs to be a complex set of three angles )

wanna work on building an ecotec header?

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:13 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
Whalesac wrote:I spent all weekend welding, and didn't accomplish a damn thing...(except for finding out my merge collector needs to be a complex set of three angles )

I would be lying if I said no

...but provided my lousy welding, better judgement tells me no.

I have no signiture
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:57 PM
Yea I figured they were pretty easy did some searching to see how its done and it is stupid easy. The TTR auto mount from what Ive read can be a bit of a bitch tho since there is so little clearance. Any specific lbs of torque the bolts need or is it just as tight as you can make it? I need to invest in a haynes manual lol.......

Dave

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:53 PM
Whalesac wrote:

I really want to learn how to weld better, TIG, a few other things. It has been on the to do list for awhile.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:36 AM
David Fairhurst wrote:Yea I figured they were pretty easy did some searching to see how its done and it is stupid easy. The TTR auto mount from what Ive read can be a bit of a bitch tho since there is so little clearance. Any specific lbs of torque the bolts need or is it just as tight as you can make it? I need to invest in a haynes manual lol.......

Dave

I should know this off the top of my head, buuuuttttt, I dont. Im thinking (since I never use a torque wrench on anything other then a cyl head) if you just get them to a german torque (good-n-tight) you will be fine. I have done over 15 motor swaps (from stock to stock, to stock to upgraded) and have never torques anything down with a torque wrench and never had a issue. So if you get them tight, you will be fine.

And Im just gonna leave these here...........

When I first got it out early monday mourning. Yes its dirty as hell!!!

again

yes it really does that much leaves on it, and the funny part is the hood was closed on the car lol

ohh now shes all clean, and ready to paint once its dried up!!

the tape is there because the VC thats on there has a crack in it, and I didnt want water to get into it. Also I turned the motor by hand tonight, and it moves so smoothly so I feel good about that. I also found out that the damn AC Compressor is seized up, so Im gonna take that to work tmo and see if I cant unseize it. Then Im going to take the alternator to AutoZone to see if they can test it to see if it is still good or not.

Im still waiting on the rest of the parts to come in, then its swappy swappy time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:49 AM

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:21 AM
David Fairhurst wrote:Yea I figured they were pretty easy did some searching to see how its done and it is stupid easy. The TTR auto mount from what Ive read can be a bit of a bitch tho since there is so little clearance. Any specific lbs of torque the bolts need or is it just as tight as you can make it? I need to invest in a haynes manual lol.......

Dave

Keep an eye out for the factory GM service manuals from gm on ebay, I got mine vol 1 and 2 for like 75-80 shipped and have WAY more info than a haynes manual could dream about. In the mean time if you need some specs, shoot me a pm and I'll gladly relay the info you seek.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:21 AM

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:50 AM
Whalesac wrote:

I really want to learn how to weld better, TIG, a few other things. It has been on the to do list for awhile.

I was in the same boat for about 3 years. It took being out of college before I could pull the trigger on my PowerTIG 200DX. I haven't regretted it yet.

I have no signiture
Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:21 AM
Whalesac wrote:
Whalesac wrote:

I was in the same boat for about 3 years. It took being out of college before I could pull the trigger on my PowerTIG 200DX. I haven't regretted it yet.

I envy your life. Get me out of college so i can begin spending my money on the good stuff /drool TIG welder.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:19 AM
How about we figure out a date for the next meet? One date I suggest is July 30th, August 6th, or August 13th. I know I won't make the 6th due to it being my mother's bday. But I threw it out there to see what people think.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:52 AM
I envy your life.

I am pretty awesome.

I have no signiture
Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:29 PM
Well here is my little side project lol. I am really into sim racing and last winter I bought myself a Fanatec GT2, pedals, and 6 speed shifter to use with my 360 for Forza 3 and 4 when it comes out. I am in love with this wheel the quality of it is amazing, its modeled after the real Porsche GT2 wheel and uses the same alcantara leather around the wheel. It has full 900 degrees of rotation and I can adjust that (to have less), adjustable force feedback 0-100%, drift mode (makes the wheel lighter), ABS vibration in the wheel rim, and like 5 other things its nuts; wheel also has paddle shifters on it.

I originally had a seat from a mid 90's Audi A4 I got for free and I was going to make a base for it to use with my wheel. Ended up trading that seat for one out of a 69 Camaro and some cash. The Camaro seat is in real good shape for how old it is. Just gonna hit it with some armor all and re paint the plastic parts and the base itself since they are showing their age. Planning on making the base out of wood and wrapping it in carpet or vinyl. Off both sides of the base Im going to build something to hold the shifter on the right and a cup holder on the left for the hell of it lol. To add some flair to it Im thinking I will mask off and paint the chevy racing logo on the seat back since I will re paint that anyways. Thinking of going with either a gloss or satin for the black and then doing the bowtie in red and the racing font in white.

Anywho some pics-

Dave

Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:58 PM
Hey Midwest guys... am I asking a fair price for this? I don't wanna seem like a Dick...
Your text to link here...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search