Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 33 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:43 PM
I would say thats fair considering its a real nice piece and it comes with a LS1 thottle body. Also considering TTR is selling a mani like yours for 500 without a throttle body. Seems fair to me.

Dave

Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:02 PM
Travis- I'd say thats fair if your including the ls1 tb. Why don't you have a welding shop add bungs and a rail to that and make your own portfueler? Or are you not staying in the boosted j's anymore?

David-that gaming chair should be pretty cool when done. I've always wanted to build one for my ps3

Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:16 PM
Looks like the same manifold that Skunk had made for him years back (or maybe from the same company?). I never really cared for their runner shape, but that seems like a decent price to me. Maybe throw in an "OBO" (or best offer)

I have no signiture
Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:34 PM
thanks guys...

Saturday, July 16, 2011 11:14 AM
Hey guys. For anyone that's not doing anything today or just wants to come through and have a few beers, my address is 5115 w barry, chicago illinois 60641. You can't park on the street bc the block party, but when u do find parking just walk to my house and come to the garage!

Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:07 PM
Well, quick update. The motor is in the car holding up with the mounts. I got 95% of the wiring harness connected, and now im just waiting for a few more parts. Those come in tmo. Hopefully ill have her runing tmo night. I was going to have her all back together tonight, but I figured out Napa forgot to give my buddy a couple gaskets that I need, so im stuck. But so far I installed a new PS rack, new outer tie rods (new rack had new inners obviously), I painted the engine and trans (engine is GM Orange and the trans is Gloss Black) its more of a joke and is far from perfect, but I like it and im keeping it that way lol, engine is in the car with the trans, as I said earlier the rest should be buttoned up tmo. But I do have to say. There is not alot you can use from the LD9. They were wrong about the hoses for the radiator, and the hoses for the heater core. So some things you need either way, but not a issue. I also removed my whole AC system since the compressor on the car I bought was seized and I was not able to use the one on my LD9 so I said screw it, and just tookk it off, and put a smaller belt on it and it should be fine. I have my Weapon R WAI coming in tmo, as well as my Tsudo Header coming tmo also. So once I have those, and finish the buttoning up ill be Eco Powered!!!!!

Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:17 PM
sweet mike, check the flanges on your tsudo with a straight edge as they normally are warpped. You can use a gasket from vatozone on the 2pipe flange section if you need to double up on gaskets. I ened up helping Rare5speed get a new clutch n throwout bearing in. Hope to hear it's running monday.

Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:26 PM
Jeff you and me both. I am a little worried. I have heard that about the headers, and the gaskets that came with them being crap so i got some gaskets from Napa so im thinking ill be good. I am worried about getting it in there tho because I have never installed anything like this before as far as the header. But i think ill be fine. I have to pick up a new Crank sensor since mine broke. Other then that, I think im good.

Monday, July 18, 2011 6:27 AM
Mike when you go to install the header if the flanges check out, make sure you pull the valve cover completely off, it will help droping the 4 to 2 portion in. Other wise I have no useful input.

Monday, July 18, 2011 7:35 AM
macktruck84 wrote:How about we figure out a date for the next meet? One date I suggest is July 30th, August 6th, or August 13th. I know I won't make the 6th due to it being my mother's bday. But I threw it out there to see what people think.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Monday, July 18, 2011 10:34 AM
I'm probably good for whenever, James. I don't think I have anything going on any of those days.

I have no signiture

Monday, July 18, 2011 2:05 PM
Jeff, thanks man. It actually works since I need to replace the vc on there now. So sweet. Gotta wait till tmo to get more parts. A little fyi you cannot use any of the hoses from the ld9. It said I maybe able to use the upper and lower hoses for the rad but nope, I can't. I also can't use the heater core hoses, so I'm just gonna use regulaer bend to use hose and say to hell with it. Other then that, I'm having a issue with the crank pos sensor. The one that was there I broke last night so I'm waiting on napa to get it in tmo, but I can't seem to get the damn connector on it. So I'm hoping ill figure it out. Other then that ,tieing up a few loose ends, filling it up with coolant and doing a oil change and she's ready to go.

Oh and about the meet. U guys figure out a date, bc I can't commit to anything in Aug since I have a lot of stuff going on that month. But if you get a date I maybe able to make it.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:50 AM
Ill just leave these few update pics here

Toys

Shes almost done. Just going slow since all the damn heat. Its been exhausting. So its slow going on the motor. I should be done, but its hard when the heat index is always in the 90's. But it will get done. Just some time. Tonight took about 2 hours to get the damn header in since it took forever to figure out how the hell to get it in the back of the motor. Then I also had one nut that seemed like it never wanted to tighten. But either way, it will get done.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:14 AM
red block?

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:06 PM
Gm orange actually. I did that more as joke then anything else. I kinda like the way it came out. I mean its not where near perfect but I like it for now.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 12:51 AM
Well, I had a FML moment tonight. I went to move the oil dipstick so I can button up the front of the engine, and THE @!#$ THING SNAPPED THE BOTTOM OFF IN THE HOLE GOING INTO THE OIL PAN!!! Please tell me someone has a easy way to get that piece out of the hole. I tried a pick but I cant feel the end of it. I really dont want to drop the pan but If I will I will, but I dont want too lol. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. This thing is killing me. LOL. But let me know guys!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:29 AM
just drop the pan...

It's easy

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:42 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:just drop the pan...

It's easy

Now I'm really not trying to be funne, but is it really?? I know some cars are a PITA with pans. This looks pretty straight foreward. Welp, if that's what I gotts do then so be it. Jeez, its one thing after another with this right now. I'm glad I'm doing the swap, don't get me wrong, but everything just keeps going wrong with it. Oh well. Newho, I'm going tmo afternoon (I start 6am-230pm shift tmo) to the junkyard and getting a radiator, the heater hoses and now a oil dipstick tube. And maybe just maybe ill have her put back together by the weekend, altho I probably won't since its suppose to be hot as a mofo tmo. And, well I don't want to die lol. We shall see lol

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:55 PM
Should have gone with a W41

I have no signiture
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:52 PM
Very nice Mike good to see your making progress! Tomorrow Im planning on putting on my upper mount, k brace, and trans mount. Hopefully all goes well lol.

Dave

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:57 PM
Lol if yacall breaking the crank sensor and the damn oil dipstick tube progress then hey I'm making waves! Hahahahha jkn! Thanks man. And goodluck on ur project tmo!

Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:36 PM
If you don't want to pull the pan, can you magnetize a second dipstick, sick it down the tube and pull out the broken section?

I have no signiture
Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:40 PM
Are those ones threaded-in or pressed-in? If it's pressed, you could cram a bolt into it and then pull the whole shebang out. But threaded-in would need an easy-out, in which case you'd save a lotta time by just pulling the pan and doing it on a bench... I know SBC's are pressed-in, so I'd guess that the 4-bangers probably are too...

Friday, July 22, 2011 6:28 AM
they are pressed in.

Friday, July 22, 2011 1:14 PM
Got my upper mount and k brace on. Between those two makes one heck of a difference lol, car is more fun to drive now. Unfortunately i didnt get my trans mount in, me and my buddy we finishing up the audio system in my brothers cobalt.

Dave

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search