Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 23 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Thursday, May 05, 2011 9:04 AM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:
David Fairhurst wrote: nice job on the pics, Ill post the few that I took on here asap. Haha and Im not sure why I have this urge but part of me wants to find a cheap vert and do some work on it. Lol maybe Ill shop around for one once I have the silver one boosted and lowered.

Dave

DOOOO IIITTTTT!!!!!!!! lol

Haha I might just have to. Maybe its because one of the car dealers around here has a red sunfire convertable for sale. Its a 97 and only had like 72K miles on it if I remember right......but they want like 7500 for it.....no thanks lol

Dave

Thursday, May 05, 2011 10:18 AM
David Fairhurst wrote:
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:
David Fairhurst wrote: nice job on the pics, Ill post the few that I took on here asap. Haha and Im not sure why I have this urge but part of me wants to find a cheap vert and do some work on it. Lol maybe Ill shop around for one once I have the silver one boosted and lowered.

Dave

DOOOO IIITTTTT!!!!!!!! lol

Haha I might just have to. Maybe its because one of the car dealers around here has a red sunfire convertable for sale. Its a 97 and only had like 72K miles on it if I remember right......but they want like 7500 for it.....no thanks lol

Dave

Sunfires are forbidden

I have no signiture
Thursday, May 05, 2011 10:53 AM
Haha I was saying sunfire just because it is different, and I like the evil eye look alot on them......but thats about it that looks good on them IMO. But if I were to go with a vert cav it would def. have the bumper from the first pic and the rear/sides form the second, wouldnt use that spoiler though would go with the '00-'02 LSS one.

Dave

Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:42 AM
i know where you can get a 00 sunfire vert with 115,miles for 3500 obo hehehehehe clean too

Thursday, May 05, 2011 2:39 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:i know where you can get a 00 sunfire vert with 115,miles for 3500 obo hehehehehe clean too

Where is this vert at lol? Haha my parents would kill me if I bought another car.......

Dave

Thursday, May 05, 2011 2:45 PM
On CL, but I am helping a girl I know buy it. Shes suppose to call me back today but I havent heard from her. From the talk to the owner yesterday, it has 115k on it, and only thing wrong it the drivers side window doesnt move, so its probably a bad motor. But Im also sure you can get it for 3g no problem.

Thursday, May 05, 2011 3:54 PM
Yeah that sounds like a bad motor. Once I get my current car boosted, lowered, and rims for it getting a vert to work on next could be a real good possibility. Just did some searching on autotrader and I found two on there at that South Chicago Auto Aution of Harvey. Idk how reliable of a car it would be but they have a red vert cav for 1,100 and a black Z24 vert for 1,900.

Dave

Friday, May 06, 2011 2:35 PM
yeah there probably beat to piss lol. but for the money they want it still be good enough to buy and fix. I'm talking to one guy right now, he has a 04 for sale that's wrecked and he wants 650 for it. if this weekend goes good then i may have my doner car by monday for my Eco swap

Friday, May 06, 2011 4:46 PM
In the pics they looked to be in decent shape, but who knows what unseen problems there could be. Thats great man hopefully that will all go though and you can get your eco swap moving

Dave

Friday, May 06, 2011 6:38 PM
David Fairhurst wrote:In the pics they looked to be in decent shape, but who knows what unseen problems there could be. Thats great man hopefully that will all go though and you can get your eco swap moving

Dave

Yeah that is true. And I hope this customer pays us this weekend because if so, Ill have more then half of the money and my girl is gonna barrow me the rest of it. Well, actually Im gonna barrow it from the wedding fund but shes cool with it. Only thing I am not happy about with the 04 is the car has like 138,000 on it. It has higher miles, but if I get the car, I will be ripping it down, and replacing all said gaskets, and new timing chain with guides and new water pump, just because im going to have it out, why not. Then Ill either build it or just throw it in with some new paint on the block/tranny Im happy, I just hope it works this way. If not, ill keep looking.

Friday, May 06, 2011 9:04 PM
That would be a good idea since the engine will be out of the car anyways. I kind of want to either paint or polish my valve cover or just clean my engine bay like i do the rest of my car lol . Any plans on boosting the eco or just going with mild mods?

Dave

Saturday, May 07, 2011 1:08 PM
Well for now i just want the engine and trans, but a mild super charger would b in the future

Sunday, May 08, 2011 3:57 PM
So when are we doing this again?

Sunday, May 08, 2011 4:23 PM
Schnupper wrote:So when are we doing this again?

Very good question

Monday, May 09, 2011 8:39 PM
Let's do it after my rebuild...

Monday, May 09, 2011 9:00 PM
blackbirdracing wrote:Let's do it after my rebuild...

??????????????

Must explain. NOW!!! LOL

Monday, May 09, 2011 10:29 PM
What Happened Travis?

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:20 AM
TUNE...

Must have gone lean = boom.

I'll pull it apart this week sometime.

Ran a 12.9 broke half track and coasted.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:33 AM
Rumor has it Cuntis (Skunk) still hasn't learned how to tune a car.... dude it's widely known he runs his mouth and can't tune for @!#$, why did you take it to him?

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:55 PM
What a waste of a sleeved ECO. If you need an extra hand, Travis, let me know.

I have no signiture
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:25 PM
Curtis is a nice guy, (to me anyway) I dont wanna run my mouth...

It's definitely tune related IMO

Just sucks...

I'll pull it apart this week... So depressing.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:09 PM
blackbirdracing wrote:...It's definitely tune related IMO...

Were you not watching your Wideband?

I have no signiture
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:44 PM
watching yes... leanest I saw was 12:1, but I dont know where spark was and EGTs...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:55 PM
gotcha

I have no signiture
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:56 PM
Damn Travis, that sucks man. At least you know what the problem was, and you can get her back together.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search