winnipeg post them pics - Page 23 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: winnipeg post them pics
Saturday, February 11, 2006 6:26 PM
Hey has anyone ordered rims from 1010 tires before???? I was thinking about ordering mine from there. Or does anyone know of any where else online (that is decent) to order rims from?

Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:51 PM
I've heard good things about www.tirerack.com but I've never personally ordered from them.

03z24
Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:02 PM
i've heard very very good things about tirerack.com, tobad they dont carry Nangkang tires...

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Sunday, February 12, 2006 4:32 AM
BOO Nag crap.
YAAY Dunlop!!!!

03z24
Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:08 AM
tiretrends.com is a canadian company, and I've heard lots of good things about them. I'd rather support a canadian company vs. an american. You also save on border fees, and generally the tire tax is going to be cheaper.

I was going to buy a set of rims from them this year, but opted for something else instead of buying new.

they're from BC.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 2:51 PM
Mine were from 1010 tires and they were great. Only have to pay 1 tax too! i'll let 1QUICKJ know

Sunday, February 12, 2006 6:08 PM
Red 98Zed wrote:Mine were from 1010 tires and they were great. Only have to pay 1 tax too! i'll let 1QUICKJ know

Hey man long time no talk, how have you been? Yeah I already know about 1010 tire they have good prices too, and 1quickj also told me that they never gave you any hassle which is always a plus! So I guess you already heard that I got my suspension set up already and the rims are soon on there way, next time your back in the peg you'll have to make a point of checkin it out!
Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:26 PM
1010 is from Canada too, I suggested them to my old boss and her tires were here in like 3 days from placing the order, not bad I thought. Good price, and I believe only 1 tax as well.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Monday, February 13, 2006 8:12 AM
Does anyone know of a good performance shop in winnipeg? I want to get a couple of things install, but can't do it myself. (Live in an apartment, so no-where to work, and I only have hand tools) Plus the work is alittle out of my league I think.

The place I used to go to messed up on my truck, so I haven't trusted any shops since. (I had them install a cam, and they painted my engine. It was painted hemi orange, and they painted it black, and had over spray all over the engine bay... and I never asked or wanted them to paint my engine. They also left a small dent on my front bumper which I knew was not there before.)

Monday, February 13, 2006 8:26 AM
Wow that sucks man. What shop was this? Also what do you need installed?

03z24
Monday, February 13, 2006 10:09 AM
I'm sure there are 3-4 people on here that would be more than willing to help you out. What are you looking to get installed?

Monday, February 13, 2006 1:18 PM
depending on the day if u wanted im sure u could use my garage, its heated and i'd be more than happy to let u use it if u needed too... im not to handy with that kinda stuff myself so i wouldnt be much help but atleast it'd be warm inside... either way someone on here will help u out, just letme kno if u want too...

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Monday, February 13, 2006 1:49 PM
Calco wrote:Wow that sucks man. What shop was this? Also what do you need installed?
It was a back-yard mechanic, and I had taken him to small claims. He installed the cam for my hyper-pac in my truck properly, but he messed up my friends head. He ported WAY too much, and went into a coolant chamber. As well, he reshaped the bowls too much, and there was a gap on an exhaust valve. He basically had no idea how to port.

Monday, February 13, 2006 2:28 PM
ya ok... so what do you want installed?

Monday, February 13, 2006 4:00 PM
Extream 4door wrote:
Calco wrote:Wow that sucks man. What shop was this? Also what do you need installed?
It was a back-yard mechanic, and I had taken him to small claims. He installed the cam for my hyper-pac in my truck properly, but he messed up my friends head. He ported WAY too much, and went into a coolant chamber. As well, he reshaped the bowls too much, and there was a gap on an exhaust valve. He basically had no idea how to port.

hmm hyper-pak so we're talking Slant6 in a dodge truck then? hah cool....

yup lots of people that would be willing to help you out around here myself included... what do you need/want done?

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:59 PM
so who's getting antsy for springtime? I cant wait to start tearing into my cavy again!

$7k sofar getting fixed!

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:01 PM
I'm anxious to get my motor mounts shipped, tranny mounts from MarkB, adaptor for my HO manifold, get that sumbitch powdercoated, remind Ian to bring me that 56mm TB, and get the whole HO Manifold swapped on.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:25 PM
Manitoba Motorsports wrote:
Extream 4door wrote:

hmm hyper-pak so we're talking Slant6 in a dodge truck then? hah cool....

yup lots of people that would be willing to help you out around here myself included... what do you need/want done?

Yup, I had the dutra duals headers on it, the four barrel intake manifold, and cam. I had port matched the head, 4.10 rear, and ran higher compression pistons. That D150 was quicker than my 5.0L It was hit by some idiot backing out of her driveway, and messed up the alignment. I could never get it aligned properly after that, so I sold it. Miss that truck more than ANY other vehicle I've owned.

Anyhoo.

I am hoping to get a new ehaust done this spring or summer. I'm planning on installing the motor mounts, header, and a pulley this spring/summer... But don't know if I'll be able to install them myself, and I would definately need a shop to make me an exhaust. I've gone to Benders before, but it was pretty spendy, and I was told they would not install my header. Anybody recomend a perticular exhaust shop?

It's too cold for me to work on it right now, but when it warms up I'll take a serious look at those parts and if I'll be able to install them myself. Thanks for the offers everyone... I may take you up on them when it's warmer outside.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:50 PM
Extreme Performance Exhaust on McPhillips, they've always treated me well.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:03 PM
Sounds good, I'll go down and see how much an exhaust would cost me.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:37 PM
well if you have a 2.2, I can tell you what I paid.

I had a pacesetter header to be installed, that took them 2 hours alone.

I also had them do a full 2.25" compression bent exhaust to a stainless (lol) magnaflow straight thru and a stainless magnaflow exhaust tip.

WITH the resonator, and leaving the stock catalytic converter in... I paid $800 without the cost of the header.

exhaust work is @!#$in' expensive.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:51 PM
Extream 4door wrote:
Yup, I had the dutra duals headers on it, the four barrel intake manifold, and cam. I had port matched the head, 4.10 rear, and ran higher compression pistons. That D150 was quicker than my 5.0L It was hit by some idiot backing out of her driveway, and messed up the alignment. I could never get it aligned properly after that, so I sold it. Miss that truck more than ANY other vehicle I've owned.

Anyhoo.

I am hoping to get a new ehaust done this spring or summer. I'm planning on installing the motor mounts, header, and a pulley this spring/summer... But don't know if I'll be able to install them myself, and I would definately need a shop to make me an exhaust. I've gone to Benders before, but it was pretty spendy, and I was told they would not install my header. Anybody recomend a perticular exhaust shop?

It's too cold for me to work on it right now, but when it warms up I'll take a serious look at those parts and if I'll be able to install them myself. Thanks for the offers everyone... I may take you up on them when it's warmer outside.

Nice, i used to have a similar setup except I ran headers, and a fully ported head with Ford 300six valves in it, had a custom grind comp cam and 12.5:1 compression 2.2L 4cylender pistons (ran the 225 crank with the 198 rods for a "non-stroker, stroker") never ran it out at the track or anything but it ripped tires up in third gear like nothing! Currently building a EFI turbocharged slantsix... been turning wrenches on slants for 9years now and have worked side by side with Doug himself.

all of the parts you've listed are pretty basic mods, should be a fairly simple weekend install, lots of people reccomend "extreme performance exhaust" never delt with them as i do all of my own systems.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:54 AM
Manitoba Motorsports wrote:
Extream 4door wrote:

Anyhoo.

Nice, i used to have a similar setup except I ran headers, and a fully ported head with Ford 300six valves in it, had a custom grind comp cam and 12.5:1 compression 2.2L 4cylender pistons (ran the 225 crank with the 198 rods for a "non-stroker, stroker") never ran it out at the track or anything but it ripped tires up in third gear like nothing! Currently building a EFI turbocharged slantsix... been turning wrenches on slants for 9years now and have worked side by side with Doug himself.

all of the parts you've listed are pretty basic mods, should be a fairly simple weekend install, lots of people reccomend "extreme performance exhaust" never delt with them as i do all of my own systems.

Sounds awesome. I checked out the slantsix org last week, and the stuff that's going on is crazy! MPFI, CDI, and turbos, there is alot of other cool stuff happening to those motors. I miss my slant.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 11:57 AM
my motor mounts were shipped yesterday. they're going on the day they get here. Now if only I knew of a garage that had space for me to install them...hmm...possibly the J-rage (pronounced J-raw-ggg). Maybe I'll go skiing too, want to come Bryan?
Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:46 PM
cmunn99gt wrote:my motor mounts were shipped yesterday. they're going on the day they get here. Now if only I knew of a garage that had space for me to install them...hmm...possibly the J-rage (pronounced J-raw-ggg). Maybe I'll go skiing too, want to come Bryan?

I'm gonna go ahead and take credit for coining the term J-rage. I'm in for a maintenance night, I've got a mystery clunk in the drivers side front somewhere that's making my nutty.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search