winnipeg post them pics - Page 47 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: winnipeg post them pics
Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:53 AM
Influx wrote:
DaBlackZ wrote:new rims look nice influx, just need to do something about them brakes...
Quiet you. *shakes fist* lol

lol... its all good man my brakes look 100x worse!

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff

Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:12 PM
I plan on getting some slotted and/or driller rotors, I may do a caliper upgrade to a bigger diameter or something...

Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:46 PM
SundayNight PegCity wrote:It's totally sleeper but its sleek GJ
I think I saw you today steve and your family? on mountain. It was a red snorkles sunfire. I would've waved... but I don't think you like me anyway.

sorry, it wouldn't have been me. I haven't taken my car out of the garage since Tuesday.

I never said anything about not liking you.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 2:26 AM
I'm getting ready to put in my stock rebuilt engine tomorrow and it will be boosted within a week. and i cleaned the engine with 3 cans of wd-40. and i'll paint the block chrome(high temp aluminum color engine paint) when i'm done. My Dad's mechanic friend did the replacement of the bearrings for me... Even though I bought him beer, he was still unhappy to do it. I don't drink beer but I buy the best I can think of.. so it's a Heineken 6pack for friends that help me with something.

Today I found an air dremel tool in my dads tool box and I was so happy! So, I port matched my head's exhaust ports to the gasket because the gasket hole is alot bigger than the head's.(hopefully part source has that same exhaust gasket) and when i get my turbo manifold i'll just make sure the ports match too. I just have to make it smoth as possible tommorrow. So I'll be buying a few smooth grinding bits.
I'll post some pictures up when I get everything done. does the exhaust port matching sound good to you guys, or is it a bad idea?

The only thing from my turbo setup that would be ghetto would be the turbo. I plan on getting a new turbo from an upgrade of a SR20det because I like the way the turbo faces... I just hope the ebay guy from winkler doesn't put the flange right next to the alternator... hopefully I can contact him before he does it. :S

I also want to get a good hptuner flash for my car. I belive somebody said that a guy has it, and would do it for 300 or something.
I'm looking around for a good intercooler as a keeper because I want to do a good job as a turbo project. I dont think buying a kit for $2,300 would be any different than building your own. I'll most likely order an upgraded turbo within a month of boosting it. with and external w/g and get a working bov (Can I make the bov sound silent at all?) I don't want it to "TSHHHHHH" all the time, and end up having to get hearing aids when I'm 26.

I think I'll not swap a 2.3 quad4 if I can make it the same power as the n/a stock LO I have even though its 150hp at the flywheel
I think it's too complicated for me to be messing with DOHC engines. I'll probly like the 2.2 better It's a pretty simple head/block config. I don't even have to reajust the timing chain.

Well I'm tierd. good night

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 9:36 AM
Not to be an ass, but I predict a broken piston within a month of boost. That's just a real weak link, and it happens time and time again on stock boosted 2.2/2200's.

I have access to HPtuners, and may be able to help you out there, but boost on a stock bottom end 2.2 is a scary thing to play with, and I'm not going to be responsible for a broken piston due to weak parts that aren't up to the task. Also, a turbo too small for the application is only going to introduce additonal heat to the combustion chamber, increasing the potential for detonation, that will kill said pistons. Plan on running nothing but 94 octane ethanol blended gas until it's tuned, and make sure the intercooler is on BEFORE the turbo.

I do wish you the best of luck, and let me know if I can help you out.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 2:37 PM
if you get a dsm BPV, you can reroute it back into the turbo inlet.. it should quieten it down quite a bit.

even vented to atmosphere at 9lbs of boost, the DSM BPV isn't very loud at all.

any intercooler with a spearco core would be awesome. Good luck getting a Johnny Race Car FMIC up here. They suck anyway. (yeah, thats what I'm using)

the guy from winkler puts them at a generic spot on the manifold, and generally it is nearer the battery then it is the alternator.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 01, 2006 2:38 PM

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:19 PM
when I get an intercooler... I'm going down to the states to get it on. i'm not buying one from ebay because canada customs and revenue agents destroys every one of them on purpose.

I wish I was white! Cuz if I go to the states, the border may think I'm a drug dealer or a terrorist at the border, and shoot me or destroy my car even worse than it is now..

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:59 AM
Hey,
Does anyone know any junkyard here in peg' where i can get parts for 95 - 03' z24?! im looking for
bumpers (front and back) and sideskirts. Thanks.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:48 AM
good luck!

any zed stuff is uber expensive

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:43 PM
SundayNight PegCity wrote:when I get an intercooler... I'm going down to the states to get it on. i'm not buying one from ebay because canada customs and revenue agents destroys every one of them on purpose.

I wish I was white! Cuz if I go to the states, the border may think I'm a drug dealer or a terrorist at the border, and shoot me or destroy my car even worse than it is now..

Were you drunk when you wrote this, or just off the meds for a bit?

Friday, August 04, 2006 7:45 AM
dirtbags, the lot of ya

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Friday, August 04, 2006 8:53 PM
If you knew me, you'd figure it out.

I put my engine in but my clutch is slipping... I really dont know if I actually torqued the flywheel bolts on or even the pressure plate, for that matter.
By the way... is that flywheel spacer important?

I know... I fudged up. I'll have to take the tranny out T_T

Saturday, August 05, 2006 9:56 PM
SundayNight PegCity wrote:If you knew me, you'd figure it out.

I put my engine in but my clutch is slipping... I really dont know if I actually torqued the flywheel bolts on or even the pressure plate, for that matter.
By the way... is that flywheel spacer important?

I know... I fudged up. I'll have to take the tranny out T_T

yes the flywheel spacer is important, its there for a reason ya know! and not torqueing the flywheel/clutch, how the @!#$ can you miss that

Sunday, August 06, 2006 12:01 AM
I knew the flywheel spacer was important. lol I didn't torque it because I forgot about doing that. (yeah I'm retarded) but my car is working fine now... only problem is the block heater is leaking onto the exhaust manifold while its under pressure. I accidently dropped my camera( $15 digital camera) and my pictures were deleted because the batteries fell out. my car seems faster than what it was. but the head is made to feed exhaust gasses into the intake manifold (which I sealed off) I dont know if that robs power... but i'm hella never letting ANY exhaust gasses into the intake! please don't tell me i'm not supposed to do that because my 2000 head doesn't have that.

It really didn't take me very long to put the tranny back in... I think its my 4th time doing it.

I'm planning on getting that saab intercooler from ebay... the seller is in canada. should I do it? I want to have my charge pipes as short as possible too.

I've started making my exhaust for my turbo too.

headbolts like 44ft/lbs and a 90 degree turn? http://www.ny-jbodies.org/library/engine/2200/2200.htm
search down to Cylinder Head Bolts -- Long
can someone explain this to me?

Sunday, August 06, 2006 9:39 AM
SundayNight PegCity wrote:I knew the flywheel spacer was important. lol I didn't torque it because I forgot about doing that. (yeah I'm retarded) but my car is working fine now... only problem is the block heater is leaking onto the exhaust manifold while its under pressure. I accidently dropped my camera( $15 digital camera) and my pictures were deleted because the batteries fell out. my car seems faster than what it was. but the head is made to feed exhaust gasses into the intake manifold (which I sealed off) I dont know if that robs power... but i'm hella never letting ANY exhaust gasses into the intake! please don't tell me i'm not supposed to do that because my 2000 head doesn't have that.

It really didn't take me very long to put the tranny back in... I think its my 4th time doing it.

I'm planning on getting that saab intercooler from ebay... the seller is in canada. should I do it? I want to have my charge pipes as short as possible too.

I've started making my exhaust for my turbo too.

headbolts like 44ft/lbs and a 90 degree turn? http://www.ny-jbodies.org/library/engine/2200/2200.htm
search down to Cylinder Head Bolts -- Long
can someone explain this to me?

the 2.2/2200's use two different lengths of head bolts, long ones and short ones (about 6" and 4" i belive) the long ones get more torque than the smaller ones to even things out.

Sunday, August 06, 2006 3:16 PM
I went to bucks today and found a volvo turbo intercooled... turbo is there... no intercooler
I met BlkCav though. good luck on your A/C install.

Monday, August 07, 2006 9:58 AM
Bryan spending his spare time in a junk yard? Thats unheard of!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:22 AM
very unheard of eh? got some good stuff, there's actually a z24 at bucks, of course engine/tranny's missing

i had fun still gotta pick up a new rear deck, and build some 6x9 mounts off of MDF

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:18 PM
hey know this is off topic but what replacement lights are the brightest/aftermarket/legal i can buy without having to modify anything. 2k3 Sunfire SE

Also i saw maybe 2 cavys out this last sunday..i was out on portage,kildonan park,osborne,ass park out till 3 am almost. not a good jbody turnout but i saw that ranger in the newest wpg cruiser its really nice.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:21 PM
i've sworn by my SilverSTAR headlights, they're amazing! but expensive

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:38 PM
I just bought the eurolight blue($25). Its white anyways, because I split it to 2 9006's for my 95-99projectors.
I've also seen lights that have the effect of changing color like green to blue to white.
My car is slowly turning into a 98-99 model.
The only 2000+ parts I have left, is the rear bumper, tails(tint, shaved reverse lights), interior.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:21 AM
yeah i was going to ask you about that.... the base front bumper isnt too good looking ....

a zed front would look nicer IMO

has my altenator @!#$ the bed yesterday, thank god its quite easy to change, just that damn tensioner's gay. i need to go to bucks and grab a whole buncha botls and @!#$ for my AC stuff, i cant wait

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Friday, August 11, 2006 12:55 AM
I actually got the front bumper from bucks. he gave it to me for $2 lol It was split in half and had huge dents. If I actually took time to sand it down It could've tuned out nicer than it is. I really hate when people see my front end.......... I really needed the front bumper and the hood from the Z
You problably know as much as I do, that Bucks is like the lottery!

I got pulled over today by the police because they didn't like the way I drove, while they were following me(tailgating me). they said I passed 3 stop signs. those guys were following me out of nowhere while I was delivering on my job, until they flashed their lights. he goes up to my car and says "You must have some fun in this" "You know why we pulled you over?" I said no, then he told me, while he was following me, I passed 3 stop signs. lol I get really freaking nervous around police. he @!#$ ed off after he noticed I was on my way to deliver pizzas. I hate police. and he pulled over another cav on arlington 2 hours later. shouldn't they be concentrating on 911 emergency calls? thats where the @!#$ problem is.

Friday, August 11, 2006 9:13 PM
SundayNight PegCity wrote:I actually got the front bumper from bucks. he gave it to me for $2 lol It was split in half and had huge dents. If I actually took time to sand it down It could've tuned out nicer than it is. I really hate when people see my front end.......... I really needed the front bumper and the hood from the Z
You problably know as much as I do, that Bucks is like the lottery!

I got pulled over today by the police because they didn't like the way I drove, while they were following me(tailgating me). they said I passed 3 stop signs. those guys were following me out of nowhere while I was delivering on my job, until they flashed their lights. he goes up to my car and says "You must have some fun in this" "You know why we pulled you over?" I said no, then he told me, while he was following me, I passed 3 stop signs. lol I get really freaking nervous around police. he @!#$ ed off after he noticed I was on my way to deliver pizzas. I hate police. and he pulled over another cav on arlington 2 hours later. shouldn't they be concentrating on 911 emergency calls? thats where the @!#$ problem is.

bucks like the lottery? hahaha maybe back in they're golden days but not anymore....

as for the cop, drive like an ass and you pay

Saturday, August 12, 2006 3:16 AM
I didn't drive like an ass, and I made a complaint today about what happened, even though they didn't ticket me... They were harassing me.
First by tailgating me and I tried to get out of their way, but they were actually following me. they should't @!#$ do that unless its an emergency.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search