winnipeg post them pics - Page 50 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: winnipeg post them pics
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:56 PM
you both should sell your jbody's.. or quit pretending you own one

Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:15 AM
WOW! That was FAST!

In conlusion: There is no such thing as a cheap turbo kit on a 2.2/2200. Only expensive rebuilds.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:29 PM
I was just running boost too high... and it happened. I didn't have timing mods.
A few weeks ago I put +00 2.4l injectors in. I bought it from Canada-something on springfield. because i was also looking for a blown 2.4 that was to be parted out. I said no to the cam housing, but yes, to the injectors, a week after I put the engine in.
I dont understand, why setting up my own turbo would be any less quality than a never used turbo kit for $2000 plus?
Steve... nice turbo… one, that needs to be rebuilt after 10 hours of use. *sarcasm*

Friday, September 01, 2006 6:42 AM
SundayNight PegCity wrote:I dont understand, why setting up my own turbo would be any less quality than a never used turbo kit for $2000 plus?
Steve... nice turbo… one, that needs to be rebuilt after 10 hours of use. *sarcasm*

Surely you aren't trying to compare bad luck to a poorly planned, uneducated attempt at boosting an engine that you were repeatedly warned would do EXACTLY WHAT IT DID! This is like trying to tell a guy on LSD that he can't fly, the guy is still going to jump off a building, so why waste your time, lol.

Friday, September 01, 2006 7:18 AM
Ian Brydon wrote:
SundayNight PegCity wrote:I dont understand, why setting up my own turbo would be any less quality than a never used turbo kit for $2000 plus?

Surely you aren't trying to compare bad luck to a poorly planned, uneducated attempt at boosting an engine that you were repeatedly warned would do EXACTLY WHAT IT DID! This is like trying to tell a guy on LSD that he can't fly, the guy is still going to jump off a building, so why waste your time, lol.

oh snap snap snap!

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Friday, September 01, 2006 8:39 AM
SundayNight PegCity wrote:I was just running boost too high... and it happened. I didn't have timing mods.
A few weeks ago I put +00 2.4l injectors in. I bought it from Canada-something on springfield. because i was also looking for a blown 2.4 that was to be parted out. I said no to the cam housing, but yes, to the injectors, a week after I put the engine in.
I dont understand, why setting up my own turbo would be any less quality than a never used turbo kit for $2000 plus?

get your head out of your ass

you weren't running too much boost, and dont think for a second you're going to fool anyone.

You DID NOT HAVE ANY FUEL MODS... 2.4L injectors are not an 'upgrade' you had no way of increasing fuel delivery when you hit boost, and thats how you blew it up.

You're more likely going to blow holes in your pistons at 5psi with no fuel in the cylinders then you are at 10psi and a good tune.

If you want to line up against me, I can still drive with my turbo... ah crap I forgot you blew your f*cking engine!

you were warned, you're an idiot. that is all.

Friday, September 01, 2006 10:22 PM
WOW! You must think j-body's are f#ckin ferrai's... I don't really give 2 sh!ts if I have to replace the engine. And my car is running now. so my car is only down for 2-3 days... so what? it's not like I have a job. I can dick around with my car all I want because it's mine and I dont need reliability until winter, so I'll use my truck.
I'm not crying about anything.... you are...

Saturday, September 02, 2006 10:55 AM
hey anyone got motion performances # my cell phone had a accident with my cars right front tire last weekend and ive had no luck finding them online..i dont have a updated phone book cause they moved couple years back..yeah just check ive got 2002 pages lol.

i wouldve given my left testicle to have a boosted car if only it was until the engine exploded it would be worth it
Saturday, September 02, 2006 6:09 PM
SundayNight PegCity wrote:WOW! You must think j-body's are f#ckin ferrai's... I don't really give 2 sh!ts if I have to replace the engine. And my car is running now. so my car is only down for 2-3 days... so what? it's not like I have a job. I can dick around with my car all I want because it's mine and I dont need reliability until winter, so I'll use my truck.
I'm not crying about anything.... you are...

better stick to tinkertoys and lego my friend, let the big boys worry about the cars...
Sunday, September 03, 2006 12:21 AM
i have to ask if u dont have a "job" how do u afford gas and insurance, not to mention the money u pit inmto it.. n i got a truck too? man i wish i could do all that wothou job.

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Sunday, September 03, 2006 12:34 AM
he shops for boost parts at bucks... whats more to be said...

sorry to hear dooder, but honestly i knew it was going to happen...

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:56 AM
Shane Ends wrote:hey anyone got motion performances # my cell phone had a accident with my cars right front tire last weekend and ive had no luck finding them online..i dont have a updated phone book cause they moved couple years back..yeah just check ive got 2002 pages lol.

i wouldve given my left testicle to have a boosted car if only it was until the engine exploded it would be worth it

you need to go back to school there big guy or what? lmao use www.mymanitoba.com and use the yellow pages in there, if you cant find it then we know your brain dead...

anyways i cant stop laughing about this j/y turbo setup HAHAHAHA 1 week.. thats it haha

Monday, September 04, 2006 10:05 AM
anyone need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? I have one that I brought from Steve, not going to be using it
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:43 PM
on top of that i'm looking to unload the axle-back portion of my exhaust. $200 for a dual ractive muffler setup with, goes into a y-pipe after the axle so it could be used on virtually any j-body
Friday, September 08, 2006 12:45 PM
it was just a quick question, dont post if you dont care to/know to answer.

23rd im bringing my car out to gimli to finally get a qurter mile time. i dont expect to get anything lower then 14.8, still got parts to put in, nothing major that would increase whp though. hope to see a j-body out there
Friday, September 08, 2006 3:09 PM
Shane, what do you have done to your car now that you'll be pulling a 14.8?
Friday, September 08, 2006 4:52 PM
well i went up from 35 shot to 65 got a 10 lb bottle, got a racing cat, my uncle finished my port and polish(took him two months but it was free) switched to a k&n intake. my old nitrous kit i had i gave to my cousin he has a tempo v6 black, and hes running a 45 with a 2.5 lb bottle it bloody hilarious the engine literally sounds like its gonna explode when he injects the juice. But once again 23rd is alil away still trying to get some money for a hptune. Ian said he could do it for me or atleast knows someone that could. it tends to back fire alil when im coming down off the juice no clue if thats bad but sounds kinda cool(scares the neighbours real good) im sorta hoping ill get a low 15 high 14,s. Have to put my tires with my new onces i have yet to put on 40R. fix the hole in my exhaust.
Friday, September 08, 2006 5:30 PM
hey there mr. dirt bag what kind of AFP regulator do u got, and how much do u want for it
Friday, September 08, 2006 7:19 PM
Shane Ends wrote:well i went up from 35 shot to 65 got a 10 lb bottle, got a racing cat, my uncle finished my port and polish(took him two months but it was free) switched to a k&n intake. my old nitrous kit i had i gave to my cousin he has a tempo v6 black, and hes running a 45 with a 2.5 lb bottle it bloody hilarious the engine literally sounds like its gonna explode when he injects the juice. But once again 23rd is alil away still trying to get some money for a hptune. Ian said he could do it for me or atleast knows someone that could. it tends to back fire alil when im coming down off the juice no clue if thats bad but sounds kinda cool(scares the neighbours real good) im sorta hoping ill get a low 15 high 14,s. Have to put my tires with my new onces i have yet to put on 40R. fix the hole in my exhaust.

Ian's not touching your nitrous kit, but if you get an O2 bung welded in I could likely do something with your car for you. If you blow it spraying, don't come to me about it though.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:26 AM
Warren: its an LT1 tophat conversion Adjustable FPR. Here's a pic:

I paid $80 for it when I bought it from Steve, haven't installed it, would let it go for $70
Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:38 AM
dont worry ian i wont . ohh and is it illegal in winnipeg to disable your airbags/remove them?

Saturday, September 09, 2006 7:39 AM
Dont let Ians infamous exhaust die...

Exhaust price has been lowered to $100, so you're not allowed to lowball my lowball.
Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:30 AM
Mr. Dirtbag wrote:Dont let Ians infamous exhaust die...

Exhaust price has been lowered to $100, so you're not allowed to lowball my lowball.

Those mufflers cost me about $150/each, and the piping is all stainless w/ mandrel bends. It sounds awesome at WOT, still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:09 AM
when the exhaust does change none of you dirtbags will be able to spot me anymore...

Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:29 PM
mr. dirtbag consider it sold, just got to meet up somewhere to take it off your hands.
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search