winnipeg post them pics - Page 55 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: winnipeg post them pics
Friday, November 17, 2006 11:11 AM
shane im sorry no disrespect but if u gotta askl ur lady to buy @!#$ for ur car its time for a new girl..

----------
i keep it gully like im havin a old friend for lunch

Friday, November 17, 2006 6:53 PM
shes to good in bed lol jk

anywho on another note ill be most likley selling my car next summer if i cannot get help on fixing it. basically regardless of what i replace or fix. it basically toasts the coil pack,fowls the plugs within two weeks. i just got it running again..so im waiting around for it to fry another coil pack/ignition module. ive had two certified mechanics, though they arent pros at j-bodys try to fix it, this is why im posting for some help. Id rather not have to part and sell as ive only had this car under 2 years.80,000 km 03 sunfire

what ive replaced
2 coil packs
1 ignition module
plugs(2 sets of part source noname brand) and wires
Saturday, November 18, 2006 8:28 AM
Shane Ends wrote:shes to good in bed lol jk

anywho on another note ill be most likley selling my car next summer if i cannot get help on fixing it. basically regardless of what i replace or fix. it basically toasts the coil pack,fowls the plugs within two weeks. i just got it running again..so im waiting around for it to fry another coil pack/ignition module. ive had two certified mechanics, though they arent pros at j-bodys try to fix it, this is why im posting for some help. Id rather not have to part and sell as ive only had this car under 2 years.80,000 km 03 sunfire

what ive replaced
2 coil packs
1 ignition module
plugs(2 sets of part source noname brand) and wires

PM Sent.

Saturday, November 18, 2006 2:43 PM
i was only kidding shane.. damn the no edit buttons.. anyways good luck getting ur car fixed.

----------
Monday, November 20, 2006 10:57 AM
wires on an eco?

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Monday, November 20, 2006 12:39 PM
yah, everyone knows that the ecotec uses wires

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, November 23, 2006 11:35 AM
mind you using a 2.2L ohv dis would prolly work on the eco as well... not sure tho, but i think it definitly adds the 'bling' factor to a 2.4L engine without the coilpack/cover (as long as its all clean under there)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, November 23, 2006 12:43 PM
BlkCav wrote:mind you using a 2.2L ohv dis would prolly work on the eco as well... not sure tho, but i think it definitly adds the 'bling' factor to a 2.4L engine without the coilpack/cover (as long as its all clean under there)

I'm going to have 4 holes in the HO IDI cover and route my plug wires into the holes, best of both worlds.
Thursday, November 23, 2006 4:08 PM
that'll look sweet. whats the wait period on weather or not i should start worrying the guy working on my car doesnt know exactly whats wrong? hes technically had my car for a total of 2 weeks
Friday, November 24, 2006 6:12 AM
sweet corey, are you drilling new holes? or using the existing ones?

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Friday, November 24, 2006 8:30 AM
BlkCav wrote:sweet corey, are you drilling new holes? or using the existing ones?

existing holes are for the bolts to hold the IDI to the engine

I'll be drilling new holes down the center and using some small black rubber grommets to help against abbrasion.

Saturday, November 25, 2006 5:19 PM
yeah thats why i couldnt figure it out lol

that'll look hot for sure`!

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Friday, December 01, 2006 12:55 PM
well since im bored and got 45mins b4 work i figure i should post some new pics.. these were taken right after the man, stevefire, lowered it for me.. took along ass time for me to figure out how to send em from my phone.. lol

post ur winter progress pics if u got ne!!!

----------
Friday, December 01, 2006 5:49 PM
^^^What did you drop with? GC's and Koni's?^^^ Steve always does quality work.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Saturday, December 02, 2006 1:33 AM
quality work for sure. no im lowered on sportlines and d-specs...

----------
Saturday, December 02, 2006 12:34 PM
yeah Kev, the car looks great. Cant wait to see it out next year with the new rims. It'll look sharp!

I'm quite impressed with the D-spec's build quality. (though I haven't ridden on them yet, I dont know how they handle)

Definately a nice setup !

Saturday, December 02, 2006 1:26 PM
thanks steve! i will def have to come hang out this summer since it wont be as awkward knowing atleast one person

u kno its funny i just thought about this the other day when i pulled the battery, i shoulda taken it for a ride lol. i pulled it out and everything to let it run, did the full lock to lock thing u said(noise is bearly there anymore!) then put it back in i was like man i shoulda went for a rip.. oh well i cant wait for this summer!!!

----------
Sunday, December 03, 2006 8:49 AM
seeing pics of peoples cars, makes me miss mine. I miss driving 5spd. Damn winter.

~Queen Bee~
Sunday, December 03, 2006 11:36 AM
i hear ya, mine's sitting in a garage frozen

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Sunday, December 03, 2006 2:50 PM
BlkCav wrote:i hear ya, mine's sitting in a garage frozen

mine too but I have brand new rubber sitting on the rims in the basement....yay me!

~Queen Bee~
Monday, December 04, 2006 12:18 PM
yup mine to. but i got the new paint to show off, clear corners, driller rotors, new black gloss rims with new rubber , tails, waiting to be installed

---------------------------------------------------------------
ppl always talk @!#$ about j-bodys, but why is it when i drive by all they seem to do is "kplookn"
CHECK OUT MY DOMIAN http://www.cardomain.com/ride/796836

Monday, December 04, 2006 4:47 PM
well my initial plan was to sell my cav, but a week before I stored the bitch, a tire got screwed, so I had to put some cash into her, then the check engine light came on, and I still havent checked that one out...
So I'm thinking I'll just keep her, maybe still get a new car, maybe not . I dunno anymore.

~Queen Bee~
Tuesday, December 05, 2006 11:11 AM
i wouldnt say mines frozen, more like nice and warm j/k

i cant wait this summer is all i can think about, i need to get off my ass tho and start working on it again..

----------
Tuesday, December 05, 2006 12:42 PM
Motion FINALLY received my plug wires. Time to get this swap underway...
Tuesday, December 05, 2006 7:07 PM
I am drivng mine this winter, BUT it is receiving it's own garage on Jan 2nd so she should be happy
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search