winnipeg post them pics - Page 59 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: winnipeg post them pics
Saturday, February 17, 2007 8:36 AM
the one thing that i like about the teins so for withought testing them is that it says on each strut body Made In Japan that makes me feel abit better because stuff made there are supposed to be better, i guess the only way ill know is when they go on the car

Saturday, February 17, 2007 8:55 AM
That's one set back with the Koni/GC setup, is having to replace the strut mounts almost every year.

its not the Koni's, because I've been driving on mine for 2 or 3 years on the same mounts and never changed them. They still don't make noise.

GC's aren't as good as everyone makes them out to be, they might as well be ebay coils.

I installed Tokico's before the new year and their build quality is up there with Koni. I might even go as far as to say they are built better, and beefier all around. That's not to say the ride quality is the same, I haven't gone for a ride. (But I'm sure Kev will take me for a rip this summer!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, February 17, 2007 8:56 AM

Saturday, February 17, 2007 9:32 AM
yeah i hear ya steve, i dunno about the koni's anymore i was thinking about it and they are not made for our cars they are just a universal thats why you have to do all that modding, i would think something thats made for are cars is much better because they are made and tested on our cars, maybe im wrong but thats how i see it, i do think they are of high quality even Limos have it as there OEM setup, but with crappy j mounts and the gc coils it makes them not ride good, also the mods can come loose like the bolts thats holding the koni inside the stock shell come loose very easy then the koni bounses in there and makes noise
Saturday, February 17, 2007 9:37 AM
i really wish we had a nice setup for our cars that withstand winnipeg roads, i cringe when i remember the air ride, it was like driving on 4 welded metal pols under the wheel wells, no rebound or anything i tryed everything till i just took it off, it took me and my dad 16 hours to remove and put the stockers on tons of lines tons of crap, thats setup made so much noise i had to wear earmuffs
Saturday, February 17, 2007 2:52 PM
Just to correct you guys I've only had the konis for one summer and they where awesome after Steve installed them, its after that nasty accident I had, and thats when they got screwed, the fronts got replaced but the shop never installed them properly, so they kinda went to hell after that , so hopefully the tiens work out for me, if anyone knows someone who is looking to buy konis and ground control coilovers I'll be selling mine in a couple of months.
Sunday, February 18, 2007 10:52 PM
stevefire wrote:That's one set back with the Koni/GC setup, is having to replace the strut mounts almost every year.

its not the Koni's, because I've been driving on mine for 2 or 3 years on the same mounts and never changed them. They still don't make noise.

GC's aren't as good as everyone makes them out to be, they might as well be ebay coils.

I installed Tokico's before the new year and their build quality is up there with Koni. I might even go as far as to say they are built better, and beefier all around. That's not to say the ride quality is the same, I haven't gone for a ride. (But I'm sure Kev will take me for a rip this summer!)

for sure steve for sure.. i just cant stop thinkin about summer and drivin the cavy again, i rember carrying the box the d-specs came in and man was it heavy, not that that says anything about the way they are built or the way they will ride i just rember it being heavy.. hahaha..

----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Monday, February 19, 2007 9:58 AM
stevefire wrote:That's one set back with the Koni/GC setup, is having to replace the strut mounts almost every year.

The fact that GC's use Eibach springs, and have a lifetime warranty on them is what makes them better than ebay coils IMO. They do eat through rear strut mounts though, no question.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Monday, February 19, 2007 11:49 AM
Hey Stevie, want to sell me your 00+ GT rims? You know you want to...
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:15 AM
i could be interested in the Koni/GC set up, let me know.

caitsith2001@hotmail.com

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:41 AM
Sorry Cory but my rims still aren't for sale, but if I ever do sell them I'll let you know. And Brian I'll give you an email tonight about the koni/gc set up.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:57 PM
anyone have a set of z24 rims for sale?

I will also take 15'' second gen rims, beretta, sunfire, grand am, sunbird let me know what you got! with rubber would be preffered but i got no problem without.
my job has me driving tons of kms every year and i don't wanna have my 17 inch rims on the zed for longer then just june july august....

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:49 PM
still waiting on that email...

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, February 22, 2007 9:35 AM
BlkCav wrote:still waiting on that email...

I emailed you last night man. I sent it to the address you gave me?
Thursday, February 22, 2007 9:45 AM
Anyways I'm selling my entire koni/gc setup for $1000.00, they are pretty much like bran new since I barley drive my car. I've only out 3,000 km on them if that matters? PM if interested.

Buchcherry- Crazy Bitch best song ever lol
Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:29 AM
YAY my new bumper is now sitting comfortably in my basement!!!!!! I'm one helluva happy gal right now!

~Queen Bee~
Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:31 AM
Jenny, do you feel that DHL has out performed your bumper on this shipment?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:59 AM
ahh nm then i've got close to the exact same setup for $675 canadian bran new

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, February 22, 2007 11:00 AM
cant ask bran new equipment price on used equipment, no matter how little use

still never got the email

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, February 22, 2007 12:07 PM
mexico in 2 days.. have fun in the cold my friends.. jk.. but hopfully ill get unlazy and order my exhaust when i get back..

----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:07 PM
I think $1000.00 is more then fair for a set of used koni/gc's I checked online and called around koni yellows are selling for $1500.00 new and the gc's sell for around $550.00 to $650.00 new. And when I bought my set up it cost me $2400.00 and that wasn't even a year ago. Plus what ever lowering suspension sets you can buy for $675.00 are nothing buy low end cheap crap. So take it or leave it, I know as soon as I post an ad for them they will sell right away.
Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:22 PM
OH MY

i hope you had vaselene, because these are koni yellows and springs for $675

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:22 PM
AND it was a year ago they were bought

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:25 PM
oh and from what you posted, you bought crap for way too much money, sucks to be you, must be nice and 'ballin' knowing that you spent 3x what it was worth

you got @!#$ hosed! HAHAH

on a serious note, i've spoken to others that have bought the Koni/GC setup for around 1k 3-4 years ago

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:32 PM
Hey Harry Potter why don't you stop harassing her and go buy then if there such a good @!#$ deal
Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:38 PM
*yawn* wahhhh

only my friends can call me that, go back to the hole you crawled out of, you're not welcomed here

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search