winnipeg post them pics - Page 54 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: winnipeg post them pics
Sunday, October 22, 2006 6:03 AM
I put my car on storage insurance last week.

Feels awesome to finally have a winter truck/daily driver I can depend on

2002 Chevy S10 ext cab (FULLY loaded)

Who knows when she'll be back on the road, but I have some issues to sort out. Namely my sudden power loss once I hit full boost. I'm thinking boost leak.

Sunday, October 22, 2006 6:25 AM
as soon as you hit full boost, what happens? like literally falling on it's face, almost throwing you into the windshield??? oh just... "it doesn't gain more HP"

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, October 22, 2006 4:06 PM
woot, boost for winter

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Monday, October 23, 2006 11:12 AM
ha good luck with the daytona there bryan, from my experience they aint that good.

----------
@!#$ y'all...
Monday, October 23, 2006 12:58 PM
I figured what happened was the boost leak on the Dyno caused the fowled plugs, which lead to the misfire. Too much fuel and not enough air to burn it, screwed the plugs up.

Yes its definately a boost leak, cause the BOV opens, and I pretty much go through the windshield. The car bogs for a few seconds, then runs fine like nothing happened.

The misfire was the badly fowled plugs, and nothing more.

So I bought new plugs and that solved my missing issue.

Also, sometimes it'll hold 12psi for a few seconds before it happens, and other times it will blow out right away.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:25 AM
Glad you found the source of your woes Steve, and the truck is looking sharp!

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 5:50 PM
yeah good to hear!

gotta finish the rear brake line, put the new tank in, do the HG, and a tranny filter/fluid change and i'm ready for winter

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, October 26, 2006 2:15 PM
Just got my sunfire back up and running. didnt know a coil pack could go when a engine bombs...but you learn you go on. dumbed it down to 45. somehow i manged to rip a boot when i was getting the engine back in..meh. melted spark plugs bent valves just the usual..actually though expensive doing a engine rebuild helped me alote in learning how a car runs. I had alote of help aswell one uncle two of his best friends and alote of luck
Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:40 PM
u mi rebutl enginre but ths m,ty nite loptsA luck...

----------
@!#$ y'all...
Friday, October 27, 2006 7:28 AM
Shane Ends wrote:Just got my sunfire back up and running. didnt know a coil pack could go when a engine bombs...but you learn you go on. dumbed it down to 45. somehow i manged to rip a boot when i was getting the engine back in..meh. melted spark plugs bent valves just the usual..actually though expensive doing a engine rebuild helped me alote in learning how a car runs. I had alote of help aswell one uncle two of his best friends and alote of luck

Glad to hear you got it up and running, so was it just a head rebuild, or was there piston damage as well?

Sunday, October 29, 2006 12:54 PM
Ian it was just a head rebuild. But I was amazed there was so little dmg..when I tried starting my car up after it bombed there was all sorta of grinding and and clunking. I thought the worst but there was lil dmg compared to some. guess im lucky.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 6:39 AM
whens it in the budget to actually build the engine to take n2o?

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:40 AM
BlkCav wrote:whens it in the budget to actually build the engine to take n2o?

1st thing's 1st. Tune the stock engine to run safely with nitrous, stock bottom end should hold somewhere around 275hp, far more than this engine was making. No sense spending $$ building an expensive engine only to have it blow.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:23 PM
lil dead in here no??? anyway just got my car back today from paint and it looks killer, no more @!#$ huge antenna!!! now its time to clean her inside and under the hood, install suspension and wait for summer to put my wheels on which i also just picked up today...

----------
i keep it gully like im havin a old friend for lunch
Thursday, November 09, 2006 10:02 AM
Winter tends to get that way..i have a couple things i got to do over winter aswell(fuel pump swap,fpr,plugs, ignition. got a pick of your new paint? ive been trying to figure out if its better to replace my front bumper or actually repaint it?
Friday, November 10, 2006 11:31 AM
winter car will finally be up and running!!!

woot!

cav's transmission died... pretty sure i blew the spider gears... @!#$.. oh well least it lasted this long!

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Friday, November 10, 2006 11:38 AM
shane-nah man i dont even own a camara lol. plus im ashamed of the cars 4X4 status as of rite now but soon that will change thanks to the one and only stevefire!!!

----------
i keep it gully like im havin a old friend for lunch
Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:03 PM
LOL welllll.....it broke down again...within two weeks i only drove it twice and it died...sigh anywho im gonna take it to the actual gm dealrship if i cannot fix it sometime this week, its misfiring knocking etc... check out mantainance if you wanna read the low down l8trez
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:24 PM
last offer to let the legend live on. I'm getting my exhaust redone within two weeks. Up for grabs is the axle-back section of my exhaust. 2.5" SS piping, 2 ractive mufflers. I wont lie, its loud, but just loud enough. Ian gets a little happy in his pants every time I romp on it.

Make me an offer (in the neighbourhood of $100) and its yours.
Thursday, November 16, 2006 7:26 AM
^^^Stainless steel and mandrel bent bitches!^^^

Disclaimor: whoever buys this may need to take me for a rip every now and again so I can get my fix, lol.

Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:23 AM
100 bucks sounds good, would it fit my 03 no probs? are you sellling your car or getting something not as loud?. im gonna have to replace my exhuast next summer its getting to the point im sos padding the rust off my muffler every 2 weeks

Thursday, November 16, 2006 1:35 PM
isuzu spider gears, differential and phantom grip are on its way soon

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, November 16, 2006 4:20 PM
Shane Ends wrote:100 bucks sounds good, would it fit my 03 no probs? are you sellling your car or getting something not as loud?. im gonna have to replace my exhuast next summer its getting to the point im sos padding the rust off my muffler every 2 weeks

getting something quieter. Keep in mind its just the axle-back. so it would include the Y pipe and the two mufflers. Any respectable shop would be able to weld it on no problem. Deal or no deal?
Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:03 PM
i gotta find out how much its gonna take again to fix my car. but 100 bucks is a nice deal. if they arent rusted im game, just gotta convince the lady that my current exhaust isnt working properly..hmm time to come up with a excuse or to back into a curb or something lol
Thursday, November 16, 2006 7:26 PM
exhaust is not rusty, get yourself an early christmas present Shane...
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search