alabama meet!!!!!!!!!! - Page 5 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: alabama meet!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, January 02, 2006 5:46 PM
Razor X wrote:hey guys if you are shooting for a meet in march how about around the time of spring break nationals cause i am trying to get a lot of people to go if u need times and localion check out www.springbreaknationals.com i am going to try and get like 3 or 4 rooms for the weekend and we can all go to the show and chill out on the strip i got guys from SC, NC and FL going so how about it

@!#$ Im from FL and I didnt know somebody was doing a get together for there. You can count me in depending on how much the rooms are of course.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, January 02, 2006 6:04 PM
redecocav wrote:
sosaudio1 wrote:
redecocav wrote:i would get goldlines best springs evar

Do you have them on your ride right now? If that pic in your sig is your ride stance, that is about what I am wanting... I have heard lots of opinions on the goldlines, what is your opinion? Is it a rough ride? I was thinking of the RK Sport coilovers, just because I like adjustability but I am starting to lean towards just getting lowering springs like Intrax or skunk2 or maybe Tein....

I want something that is going to get rid of that freaking fender gap and not be bouncy or hard. I want something that when I am driving to Atlanta to go to NOPI is smooth but responsive....

L8R
Rich

yes i have goldlines but they just were not low enough for me.... so i cut a loop off them. best handleing car ive ever been in with just springs. they rode just about like factory before i cut them and now that i cut them it still rides good enough that i dont think twice about putting my 20mo. old daughter in the car

this is the stance before i cut them an this is with 205/40-16.... sorry for the @!#$ty pics

Shweet!!!! I need something! LOL Who has heard or who...locally has the RKSport coilovers? I remember reading about the Goldlines when you first did the work to them. Here are my needs.... I need something that rides close to stock not bumpy but a good stance. Thinking about the Intraxx or the Teins. Sorry to slightly hijack the thread, I want to try to get some things done before the meet.

Where is that kid that lives on Maysville Rd here in Huntspatch lately???? I drove down another part of that freaking road and didn't see a primer gray cavalier....LOL Dude, that road goes on forever! So if you some crazy blue cavalier flying around the back roads of TN and AL today, that was me. Man today was just most awesome. Got out around 1pm and stayed out until like 7pm. Man, I can't wait till spring!!!!!!

L8R
Rich
Monday, January 02, 2006 9:11 PM
well much to my surprise i want to sell my gravana coil-over setup. i am not so sure i am going to be staying with my Z for much longer. also have some other things for sale if anyone is intrested.
for sale
gravana coil-overs: bought for $1000 will sell for $700 obo
95-99 Toyota Tail lights : looking for $130
95-99 Black housing projector headlights/black corner combo: $100
18" ADR phantoms +42mm offset 5x100/114.3 (no tires) : $500
AEM intake for a 95-99 2.4 Twin cam : $75
Also my 97 Auto Z24 with 96k is for sale minus all of this stuff for $3000.

I want to move on to a different year cavy. something like 02+.

Email me if intrested. Thanks

============================
My CarDomain Site
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:26 AM
I WANT THOSE TAILS DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gimme a few days to see if i can get the cash.

Monday, January 09, 2006 9:47 PM
Quote:

sosaudio1
Where is that kid that lives on Maysville Rd here in Huntspatch lately???? I drove down another part of that freaking road and didn't see a primer gray cavalier....LOL Dude, that road goes on forever!

talkin bout mike? just talked to him a few days ago. ill if hes gonna go to the meet.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:51 PM
I'm right here yo whats up ow i live off of maysville lol yes that bastard is a long road ha..... i give out my cell number but my celly got stolen last night and it was a $400 phone
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:02 PM
dude... your life sux! car broken into, car flying off the road, and now tha phone? you need a hug
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:27 PM
Hey when you decide to get rid of the car I would like to take all of your interior pieces off your hands for you lol

Thanks
Shaun
www.ShowStopperTuning.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:29 PM
huh car flying off the road?
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:22 PM
didnt your wheel fall off or something like that?
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:05 PM
lol oh i almost forgot about that yeah .... hey i kept her on the road i even controlled the car to keep it in the same lane and then move over into the median lol the wheel went off the road though and about 100 feet then 20 feet in the air

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:58 AM
when the meet i'm from pickens county both mine are stock but wont be much longer and i can work on them.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:14 PM
I would really like to know when and where this is goin' on becuase I didn't get to got to the last one damn it!!!!

Ya that's right I'm STYLIN'
Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:38 PM
i will check what is needed for a spot at Bowers park in tuscaloosa tommorrow.

SAT MARCH 25TH SOUND OK WITH EVERYONE????????

stylinred220: brisk gonna try to make it too???

Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:55 PM
well march 25th is the date of the spring break nationals in Florida, but i really doubt i am going to be able to make it down there. so i am in for march the 25th. are we having it in b'ham of t'town? cause t'town is a long drive for us northern AL guys. b'ham was a pretty good meet place last time. maybe this time we have a bite to eat somewhere like wings, hooters, or something then head to the park to hang out and chat? any other ideas guys?

============================
My CarDomain Site
Friday, January 13, 2006 4:38 AM
redecocav wrote:i will check what is needed for a spot at Bowers park in tuscaloosa tommorrow.

SAT MARCH 25TH SOUND OK WITH EVERYONE????????

stylinred220: brisk gonna try to make it too???

Nooooooooooo.

Spring........Break....Nationals.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Friday, January 13, 2006 6:47 AM
Z24_racer wrote:well march 25th is the date of the spring break nationals in Florida, but i really doubt i am going to be able to make it down there. so i am in for march the 25th. are we having it in b'ham of t'town? cause t'town is a long drive for us northern AL guys. b'ham was a pretty good meet place last time. maybe this time we have a bite to eat somewhere like wings, hooters, or something then head to the park to hang out and chat? any other ideas guys?

tuscaloosa is only about 35-45 mins past where we met last time, but ok, if you guys want to do it in b-ham thats fine. i guess we could go back to the same spot.

now we have to agree on a date apparently some of the guys are probably gonna go to the nationals

SAT. APRIL 1st (fools day) <----------good for everyone

Friday, January 13, 2006 7:22 AM
Yeah!!!

And I still vote Tuscaloosa. If it is in Birmingham again I'll still go.

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:46 AM
I would say Cullman would be a good place to meet, its right up 65 for the Birmingham People, and just down 65 for the North Al people. If its in T Town were out, the ride was hell down 65 with air, won't be doing that again. It would be nice to get it up our way . Theres a lot of people I know that would come ,but they don't want to drive that far.
Friday, January 13, 2006 11:48 AM
where abouts in cullman do you have in mind.

garrin if we have it farther north, if you can, you can come up the day before and crash at my place if you want and then follow me up there the next day.

Friday, January 13, 2006 1:32 PM
I would be able to do that. Thanks brandon.

Man looks like its going to be an exciting couple of months for me. Spring Break Nationals in march. Then this meet beginning of April. Then the Florida meet beginning of May.

Im gonna go broke.

Hopefully I'll get some taxes back so I can paint my car.

Friday, January 13, 2006 2:18 PM
Nothing particular in mind just yet, but I can come up with something.

Oh, and an update. The purple car is purple no more as of today, its being painted as we speak. He had it painted an orange and black two tone with a carbon fiber hood. I'll try to get a pic up after we bring it home in the morning.
Friday, January 13, 2006 4:41 PM
yes please do get a pic. i bet it is sexy. did he paint it again, or have someone do it?? if you would ask him how much he would charge to repaint my 87 s10 reg cab back red.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:10 PM
We had someone paint it this time, due to the timeline. We just got it back from paint yesterday. The carbon fiber hood and door pillars are now on. We still got to do the striping beteen the 2 colors, when the paint cures a little more. But it looks like a whole different car, and no more air ride on this one. On painting your truck he'd be more than happy to paint it, we're working on getting our shop out of the ground. So it will be about a month or so. Gotta have somewhere to park the children.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:19 PM
& Heres on of the back. Had the trunk, anteena, a couple of body lines, and the door handles shaved. Still gotta go to the exhaust shop this Tuesday.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search