so i guess we should start talking bout it....FL J show 2010 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
so i guess we should start talking bout it....FL J show 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:14 AM
so i know this has been a sore subject for most of us but whats everyones thoughts on this matter

im thinking if we do it....something like the end of may maybe beginning of June........problem is no one is for sure when the 2010 Bash will be so thats a key thing

so lets have a civil open conversation

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Re: so i guess we should start talking bout it....FL J show 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:19 AM
I think we need to keep it in the middle of May when we've been doing it. I don't think it should run too close to the Bash since its up in the air when that'll be

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:57 AM
I thought the date was settled for the Bash, i must not be paying much attention.

Id like to see this happen again this year, but do you all think it would be a better idea to have instead of a FL meet to have an East Coast as its been discussed in the "Meets" Forum? I have kinda been working on find info for that location and such on the side.
Maybe its time for something more then just a one state show/meet?

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:15 AM
JHand wrote:I thought the date was settled for the Bash, i must not be paying much attention.

Id like to see this happen again this year, but do you all think it would be a better idea to have instead of a FL meet to have an East Coast as its been discussed in the "Meets" Forum? I have kinda been working on find info for that location and such on the side.
Maybe its time for something more then just a one state show/meet?

true i have seen that thread but my thinking was if we did it....be more like towards the end of the year since the bash is towards the beginning but again i know money is tight for alot of ppl so traveling outside the state twice a year would be tuff

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:18 AM
First I do not think the Bash should date should matter. Reason not many people from Fl actually go to the bash.

I like the idea of a multi state meet, but lets also face it not many out of Fl people want to come to Fl, and not many Fl people want to go out of Fl.

I do think it is time to change location of it, and I think we should change it. Meaning less money involved.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:22 AM
well i know for a fact of at least 3 people going to bash ( me being one of them ) so im more looking toward the bash date to see if i can make both shows....... i do agree with you Higgins i think a location change is almost a must this year but to be honest im not sure if we should continue in central florida or swap cities like was done in years past....since most of the J ppl are moving onto different cars

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:10 PM
the Jew-(i heart mountain dew) wrote:well i know for a fact of at least 3 people going to bash ( me being one of them ) so im more looking toward the bash date to see if i can make both shows....... i do agree with you Higgins i think a location change is almost a must this year but to be honest im not sure if we should continue in central florida or swap cities like was done in years past....since most of the J ppl are moving onto different cars

I also want to go to the Bash, but I do not care when it is for this event. I think we can tone back on our event, to make it where people do not spend as much.

As for changing location. I do not want to think that far in the future as changing it every year. Lets face it it is becoming harder and harder to have this event in general. Lets think about one year at a time.

Also if considering have it a multi state deal then you have to consider those people in the location pick. Seeing as how many people have made it clear this past year that if it went anymore North than where it already is they would not attend. I do not agree with that statement, but it was said by many. So trying to deal with other states is going to lose in state members. Not saying we should not do it anyways, but just pointing out somethings.

Also considering cuting back on cost. If you take out trophy's we are going to lose people. I do not agree with it, but it is a fact. Probably the same people that complain about the people who do win awards.

With all of that I feel we should do more of a met like what you guys do at the end of the year. A Beach type meet. Meet up, cruise, pics, food. Maybe even grilling somewhere. Try to make it more about the people. It can still be a weekend deal, just more laid back.

Just my thoughts.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:37 PM
Too Whiney wrote:
the Jew-(i heart mountain dew) wrote:well i know for a fact of at least 3 people going to bash ( me being one of them ) so im more looking toward the bash date to see if i can make both shows....... i do agree with you Higgins i think a location change is almost a must this year but to be honest im not sure if we should continue in central florida or swap cities like was done in years past....since most of the J ppl are moving onto different cars

I also want to go to the Bash, but I do not care when it is for this event. I think we can tone back on our event, to make it where people do not spend as much.

As for changing location. I do not want to think that far in the future as changing it every year. Lets face it it is becoming harder and harder to have this event in general. Lets think about one year at a time.

Also if considering have it a multi state deal then you have to consider those people in the location pick. Seeing as how many people have made it clear this past year that if it went anymore North than where it already is they would not attend. I do not agree with that statement, but it was said by many. So trying to deal with other states is going to lose in state members. Not saying we should not do it anyways, but just pointing out somethings.

Also considering cuting back on cost. If you take out trophy's we are going to lose people. I do not agree with it, but it is a fact. Probably the same people that complain about the people who do win awards.

With all of that I feel we should do more of a met like what you guys do at the end of the year. A Beach type meet. Meet up, cruise, pics, food. Maybe even grilling somewhere. Try to make it more about the people. It can still be a weekend deal, just more laid back.

Just my thoughts.

beach meet style with grilling sounds very promising and i honestly could care less about trophys myself...i know some ppl do care but i for one dont so i can def dig that

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:57 PM
the Jew-(i heart mountain dew) wrote:
Too Whiney wrote:

Just my thoughts.

beach meet style with grilling sounds very promising and i honestly could care less about trophys myself...i know some ppl do care but i for one dont so i can def dig that

If anything for awards do more of a raffle awards. Like small things as awards.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:22 PM
If you want to attract those of us from other states if you have it more in the northern part of florida it would be more appealing. just a thought.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:04 PM
I say screw the whole meet honestly. I don't care anymore about any of you. I sold the car 2 days ago, picked up a Trailblazer SS to tow the skis............................

But seriously, Beach style meet might work..................however location is going to mean alot to some, and not so much to others.........Me personally, I would rather have a beach meet on the west coast, beaches are nicer........ALOT nicer.

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:10 PM
I'm a trophy and wanna win something dammit..

I dont care what we do, as long as we get alot of ppl and have fun. thats what its always been about for me anyway

and Jbod04, thats why I suggested Jax.. its right up by the stateline and seems to me like a pretty centralized SE location to me

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:30 PM
beach meet sounds really nice.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:05 PM
Beach meet was a idea. If anyone remembers the meet in Ft. Lauderdale I like it, because of the park. A Park and grilling.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:10 PM
I think we should come up with a few locations, and have a vote.

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:01 PM
Here my two cents.

First, Im down for a meet in Florida. Personally I know for most of us its a haul to Ft Lauderdale. I know I just got back from Ft Lauderdale. But in my opinion Ft Lauderdale is an ideal spot due to many locations, sites, hotels, etc.

Now that being said, if its going to be an "east coast" meet, it need to be appealing for everyone. Jax seems like a good place. Maybe Myrtle Beach in SC. I dont know, Im just throwing ideas out there. But since its a summer time deal, the beach sounds like a superb idea.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:26 AM
beach suggestions:

Cocoa beach.....been there numerous times and nice location
Daytona beach.....seems to be a little more popular and you can park on the beach
Clearwater beach.........have had numerous meets there so know the area ok like and the haunted motel is not terrible for price
panama city/beach.......... have heard good and bad about this one but never been honestly
South beach.........its way south and out of everyones way lol

well their is some of my votes

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:33 AM
*side note .... Clearwater's haunted hotel is down for rennovations .... Miranda tried to get her wedding there and they are party/mostly closed.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 8:44 AM
JHand wrote:*side note .... Clearwater's haunted hotel is down for rennovations .... Miranda tried to get her wedding there and they are party/mostly closed.

Wait a second. I live 10 minutes from clearwater beach in Dunedin, I have been here 14 years and this is the first I am hearing about a Haunted Hotel? Is this an inside joke or is there really a haunted hotel????

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 8:51 AM
Josh G. wrote:
JHand wrote:*side note .... Clearwater's haunted hotel is down for rennovations .... Miranda tried to get her wedding there and they are party/mostly closed.

Wait a second. I live 10 minutes from clearwater beach in Dunedin, I have been here 14 years and this is the first I am hearing about a Haunted Hotel? Is this an inside joke or is there really a haunted hotel????

http://www.belleviewbiltmore.com/

they do ghost tours and says its haunted lol

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:09 AM
It was creepy, ill give you that much for sure!!

But back to the show/meet...

I really like the idea of a rolling meet/show as well and ending by the water would be great. We could def set something up like what we did for our EOTYM.
John what park did you use for the FT Laud meet?
I like the beach choices Jason, but Daytona and parking on the beach would probly be a bad idea for any of us unless we have a tow truck to pull us out lol

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:15 AM
Also Clearwater Beach would be a BAD idea. I dont know if any of you have been there lately but..... Its a HUGE mess. However there is a really nice park as soon as you get over the courtney camble bridge called Phillipi park. We use to have Honda meets there back in the day when I ran with that sort of click. Just a thought.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:59 AM
I've never been to Cocoa or Panama Beach... not a fan of Daytona, been there for the Spring Break Tuner Bash a few times back when that was around... South Beach is out of everyone's way... I like Clearwater, or maybe Tampa Bay

what about St. Augustine?

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:02 AM
JHand wrote:It was creepy, ill give you that much for sure!!

But back to the show/meet...

I really like the idea of a rolling meet/show as well and ending by the water would be great. We could def set something up like what we did for our EOTYM.
John what park did you use for the FT Laud meet?
I like the beach choices Jason, but Daytona and parking on the beach would probly be a bad idea for any of us unless we have a tow truck to pull us out lol

I used Markham Park.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, January 13, 2010 12:03 PM
ft lauderdale wouldn't be bad (especially for me first time it would be close to me lol) I wouldn't recomend south beach lol (i b**** to get in and out if you go on days are packed) just a thought

markham park would be good, right now im trying to get a meet with the cobalt guys for feb.
as jbo i can try to get the others two that i know that live around me.

and on location wise, as long is fair i would make the effort to go again, (hope i get my kit by show time )

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search