got the new DD home! and some progress too! - Page 4 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: got the new DD home! and some progress too!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:45 AM
Ben you suck, Im still waiting on word from the QBE for the mini meet... I'll IM you later with more details

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:11 AM
sounds good to me. just be sure to MAKE IT HAPPEN!

coming back in 2008...
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:29 PM
(tabs) wrote:i found a rear quarter from a drop top on ebay. this is the second month its been listed, as it didnt sell last time. if i can scrounge up some extra cash i'd like to make them an offer of $100 and just drive up there and pick it up. but then i still have to pay to have it welded on, because even im not crazy enough to try to do that myself, and you guys know how i LOVE to cut on my cars lol.

so.....i just emailed them with an offer for $100 and THEY ACCEPTED IT! w00t! now the question is whether or not i should pay to have it shipped, or pick it up. greenville, OH would be a 7-8 hour round trip and they want $100 for shipping. whatdya say guys? should i bother driving up, or just do the $100? if i drove up i could pick up the stuff from DTP's house (maybe). hmmm....decisions, decisions....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:32 PM

coming back in 2008...
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:09 PM

decent deal but i hope thats the only dents, that sucks for a brand new panel. probally why they excepted $100. i know its minor compared to what you have now.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:23 PM
they listed that in the ebay auction. i figured "@!#$ it...if i can weld on a whole quarter, i can fix a few dents" know what i mean? so that stuff should be taken care of prior to putting it on the car.

and i think im gonna go with shipping it. if i went to mansfiled, greenville, and home, it would be a 10 hour trip. im not in the mood for that right now lol

coming back in 2008...
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:52 PM
yay.
but if you don't go get it, i will surely still get that stuff from paul's house
his parents love me lol

besides, what would you be spending in gas for that kind of trip?

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:19 AM
yeah i figured i could get away with 50-60 gas plus food. but im always anxious going out of town cause i seem to have bad luck with cars....so i decided F it, im shipping it.

lemme know when you get back to OH. IF sides, vert boots, 00+ stock front bumper, and maybe one or two other things await me at paulies place. the sooner i get em, the better!

coming back in 2008...
Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:29 AM
its not a 00+ stock bumper, its a 96 LS cut to fit 00+

sides are in the shed in the rafters, boots are in the garage under the bench

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 10:15 AM
any luck with that lost title? insurance on my end would be great!

plus, i wanna get rid of these buckeye plates. f'n front plates are RETARDED!

coming back in 2008...
Friday, February 08, 2008 10:28 AM
got some fenders from Raskal! brand new 00-05 fenders for a good price. (looks like one has a tiny ding in it though...but should be fixable easily) now i can replace BOTH fenders so the dent on the passenger side will be gone and so the corner lights will actually fit now. still waiting on that quarter panel though....

coming back in 2008...
Friday, February 08, 2008 11:21 AM
nice

Friday, February 08, 2008 12:04 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

Friday, February 08, 2008 12:09 PM
yaaaay....soon the whole car will be spray bombed

Friday, February 08, 2008 12:23 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:yaaaay....soon the whole car will be spray bombed

sadly. although im sure i could always get some hack to paint the whole car black for about $300 with a professional paint gun, if you would prefer

coming back in 2008...
Saturday, February 09, 2008 12:02 AM
spray bomb is fine

Saturday, February 09, 2008 5:21 AM
eventually (aka as soon as my bum ass finds a damned job) id like to go over the whole car again. very possibly by my own hand, but with a gun nonetheless. im surprised how much i like the manta green (although a nice, jet black is always in the back of my mind.....but paul would kill me )

coming back in 2008...
Saturday, February 09, 2008 5:50 AM
Manta Green is by far one of the best colors for the Js.. then when they stopped using it after 99.. they figured they needed to give us another hot color.. there is where ultra silver metallic came from.. and i have both not to mention using both as a two tone would be sexy as well

good to see progress on this man, i too would hate for it to change color from manta green.. keep it manta for sure.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:46 AM
(tabs) wrote:
(tabs) wrote:i found a rear quarter from a drop top on ebay. this is the second month its been listed, as it didnt sell last time. if i can scrounge up some extra cash i'd like to make them an offer of $100 and just drive up there and pick it up. but then i still have to pay to have it welded on, because even im not crazy enough to try to do that myself, and you guys know how i LOVE to cut on my cars lol.

so.....i just emailed them with an offer for $100 and THEY ACCEPTED IT! w00t! now the question is whether or not i should pay to have it shipped, or pick it up. greenville, OH would be a 7-8 hour round trip and they want $100 for shipping. whatdya say guys? should i bother driving up, or just do the $100? if i drove up i could pick up the stuff from DTP's house (maybe). hmmm....decisions, decisions....

good thing you decided not to go to greenville....that's where they filmed the first episode of dateline: to catch a predator. greenville is a very trashy scary town

Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:47 AM
nice man... can't wait to see it completed

Saturday, February 09, 2008 2:18 PM
ive always been a fan of the GM Fern Green. it was only used on Js for a year or two so its pretty "rare" by J standards. but the manta green is very RICH.....lots of flake in it.

but i dont think i could change the color. unless of course i went for a white/maroon two tone with red pearl over the white....cause i hear thats a hot combo to go over the manta green with, especially on drop tops

zach: you and chad dont know it yet, but youve been drafted to come over and drink beer when me and frank put this quarter on. just got an email today that it was finally shipped. w00t!

coming back in 2008...
Monday, February 11, 2008 3:20 PM
hey greenville ohio is like 10 min from me lol just a fyi lmao

13.1 @ 115

Monday, February 11, 2008 3:21 PM
and trust me its not a bad town richmond is ten times worse

13.1 @ 115
Monday, February 11, 2008 4:34 PM
I would kill if you changed color lol pleeeease keep the manta

Monday, February 11, 2008 5:49 PM
Michael Barr wrote:hey greenville ohio is like 10 min from me lol just a fyi lmao

well unless i get this quarter panel soon, maybe you can go make a visit for me and pick it up.

paul: mwhahahaha beg me! get on your knees and beg me!

coming back in 2008...
Monday, February 11, 2008 10:25 PM
keep it manta
and if you decide not to, i know of some parts you want that are alot closer to me than they are to you

and the fern green...was that a 97 only color? or 99?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search