Parts Galore last weekend - Page 2 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Parts Galore last weekend
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:41 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that subframe brace is still available from gm and it's only around 25 bucks brand new. That to me is worth all the rust ur gonna have to get off of a junkyard one just to slap some spray paint on it

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:50 AM
Corey - yep that is correct from what I remember. I bought one for my Sunbird and it did not work for my application.

It is in a position on the vehicle where it catches a lot of oil from older engines so they do stay pretty well "preserved"

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:59 AM
So I can go to any GM dealer and order it????

What do I tell them I want to buy?
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:44 AM
I think I ordered one from www.gmpartsdirect.com a few years ago. I wil look at my file when I get home and see if I can pull a part# for you.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:03 PM
and the winner is....
2nd gen/Beretta GTZ front subframe brace - GM part #22555480. Available at gmpartsdirect.com, You have to go through the catalog. Comes up as $17.01 as the price

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:00 PM
Paul, I guess my pm never went through. I did look at the price list and I think those parts are a fair price. The top 3 things I'm interested in are that digi dash, right side door glass run, and the cowl air box. I don't need the MAF just the air box. I hope the center isn't broken out of the bottom. I couldn't find a price listing for it on your link.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:46 PM
Josh-
I have your order + a seat molding for Walt. I will post after I go.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:24 PM
WOW! How do I get in touch with you Paul? I know you're in the Detroit area...
Paul, my email is Hornist9@gmail.com.

Walt...
Friday, May 24, 2013 1:29 AM
Hey if you want ill get it touch i know a guy that wants the whole z kit off the first gen ill ask him how mych would it all be>?
Friday, May 24, 2013 4:48 AM
Walt - sent you a mail...

Friday, May 24, 2013 4:54 AM
cav93- Not to be a downer on this but you might want to look at the first gen pics again. The spoiler and hood are gone. The ground effects and bumper covers are all damaged in some way - the rear bumper cover on the top and the front on the side. The side skirts are missing chunks...

If still interested I can ask the price.

Friday, May 24, 2013 5:05 AM
Thanks Paul.
I really hope you can find a decent door glass run. It's the last part I need to fix my window. It sucks only being able to roll down one window with no A/C.

Friday, May 24, 2013 5:09 AM
Josh-

If I remember right, you wnat the glass run on the driver side that fastens to the B-Pillar, right? Loking at the first gen Z24 pics I posted, it looks like it is missing from that car and the glass is all cockeyed...

Friday, May 24, 2013 6:32 AM
Not sure what you guys mean by door glass run, but I may have/be able to get it?
Friday, May 24, 2013 8:03 AM
Bad news about that brace, I got this from GMpartsdirect:

Thank you for choosing GMPartsDirect.com. I apologize part number 22555480 is discontinued and no longer available from GM.
Friday, May 24, 2013 8:36 AM
so you want me to snag that one if it is still there?

Friday, May 24, 2013 1:12 PM
Yeah!

I'm looking forward to getting the strut bar on, plus the sway bar. With that underside brace and new struts/shocks, it should feel like a much newer car.

Let me know if you're able to get it.
Friday, May 24, 2013 9:41 PM
Paul, the pic I took was from my driver's side but I need the passenger side. I replaced the driver's side 7 years ago when that windowppped off track. My passenger side is still original and is cracked so bad its falling apart. If the one on the 1st gen is destroyed could you check out the one on the 2nd gen? Their doors are almost identical and I may be able to modify it to fit

Saturday, May 25, 2013 7:18 PM
ok, re-reading my post above I see it is not as clear as I would have liked - sorry if I mislead you all into thinking I already had the parts.

I went back today:
For Wayne: I was able to score the brace off of the Beretta. I will clean it up and see how we look.

For Josh:I was also able to score the digital dash. The air box off of the 87 was broken off of the mount on the bottom. I removed the one from the 2nd gen and compared and they are not the same shape on the inlet side and the newer one has a temp sensor mounted to it . The door window guide was gone from the 87. I checked the second gen car and it is a different design - the inner and outer molding are one pieces around the window where the first gen is a two part deal. I could get the air box from the 87. It is all there, just the mount is cracked at the bottom.

For Walt: I looked in every J in the place - no power seats. I went to pontiacs and buicks and did not find any either. I did not see any skylarks though

I am waiting for a nice green mopar hatch to come in so I am thinking I will be going back again soon. Nobody is picking on the 87 Z24, or the 88 Sunbird that has some ac parts I am wanting. I also saw a set of LS1 brakes that I am thinking of going back for...

So much stuff to buy.

Saturday, May 25, 2013 7:25 PM
Wow, everything is just coming together for the Hawk!

Josh--not sure if you saw my post in the scramble of this thread, but me not being so smart sometimes, what is the glass run that you are looking for; I might have it or be able to get it.
Saturday, May 25, 2013 7:31 PM
These places are worse than a candy store. Makes you keep going back hoping to get those last few keeper parts! Glad to see you are having some great Scores Paul!

Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:43 AM

Wayne, I don't know if you can tell in the picture but my door glass run has a huge split in it. It keeps catching the rear guide and breaking it. If you have one that would be awesome. Paul, I will still take the air box as long as the sides aren't broken.

Sunday, May 26, 2013 8:07 AM
If the wife wasn't having me paint the kitchen this weekend I'd pay a visit to picknpull. They are having their annual half off sale on almost everything. They have an '84 Cimmeron I'm curious to check out.

Monday, May 27, 2013 6:57 AM
For Wayne:

I cleaned it off with some brake parts cleaner and a scotch brite pad and shot it with some black paint. It looks pretty good. I have the 4 bolts if you need them as well. Please send me a PM with your address and I will get a shipping address.

Monday, May 27, 2013 7:03 AM
For Josh:

I cleaned the cluster up a bit with a Q-Tip

I also was able to grap the air box assy. These are the pre-cleaning pics, but you get the idea. I hit the plastic with some back-to-black and the metal with a scotch brite pad and some paint to slow the rust after these were taken.

Please send me a PM with your address and I will get this ready to ship.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search