Anyone here actually interested in high end audio? - Page 3 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Anyone here actually interested in high end audio?
Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:55 PM
Flaked Z-Fire wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:All this talk about budget. Heres how Im sitting on what I have:

CDA-9886 - $270 on sale
SAX-50.4 - $200 on close-out
SAC265.25 - $260
SAZ-100D - $325
iD12 - $35

pure win for $

I bargain shop like a mofo.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:59 PM
I put in a set of alpine type s 6.5 components in the doors last summer. To me the tweeters sound way too hissy. Its almost unbearable listening to certain songs. So i've been looking to upgrade and have been thinking about JL C2's. Anything similar in the 200-300 range that are shallow enough to fit in the door?

Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:59 PM
btw, Flaked, what's the shop called and what brands do you guys carry? Just curious.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:03 PM
Chris B. wrote:I put in a set of alpine type s 6.5 components in the doors last summer. To me the tweeters sound way too hissy. Its almost unbearable listening to certain songs. So i've been looking to upgrade and have been thinking about JL C2's. Anything similar in the 200-300 range that are shallow enough to fit in the door?

Type-S speakers arent the greatest.

A lot of that can come from low quality MP3s and CDs. If they quality doesnt change much from song to song then it probably is the speakers. What youll notice though is that as you get nicer speakers youll start to pick up the deficiencies in your music more and more. I cant listen to most of my MP3 collection anymore. Ive moved over to FLAC and WAV lossless formats or CDs.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:17 PM
Chris B. wrote:I put in a set of alpine type s 6.5 components in the doors last summer. To me the tweeters sound way too hissy. Its almost unbearable listening to certain songs. So i've been looking to upgrade and have been thinking about JL C2's. Anything similar in the 200-300 range that are shallow enough to fit in the door?

You definitely have some kick ass options in that price range. For $260 I can get you into some Rainbow SLC265's, or for about $300 you can upgrade to the SAC's.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:20 PM
SACs are amazing. Ask me how I know.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:21 PM
Have them all installed and tuned and such? I forgot to ever ask. Did you take any pics of them when you got them, or installed them?

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:32 PM
They were reinstalled like two weeks ago. Ill take some pics when I go home to do the sound deadening this weekend. My camera usually ends up being MIA when Im working.

Theres pixors of when I got them in my rambling build thread.

I is bored:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:41 PM

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:58 PM
Thanks man,

And, Flaked.... If you are serious about picking up some product at your shop, we can work something out. I will PM you with some details to keep the clutter in here down and talk business privately.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:37 AM
If I had cash, I'd definitely be in on this.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:29 AM
So get cash, I've got a csp autocross car to build lol

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:26 AM
I would for the fiances car, but Mine I tend to run all one brand but my head unit exploded so stuck with some pioneer thing untill I replace it lol, and her system I cant stand, but then again not my car lol, she will let me give her my old subs(ones in profile), but nothing else, but then again all she cares about is a "pretty"car lmfao

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:15 AM
He well if you plan to do anything with her car, let me know its a shame you only brand match in ur car though, there isn't a single company that makes head units that I like, that I would buy speakers from :p

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:45 AM
Brand matching is pointless.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:16 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Brand matching is pointless.

I don't like it when people are so blatant about things like that.

Strictly aurally, yeah, mixing and matching won't necessarily hurt anything and can probably make it better. But there is an aesthetic gain that results from brand matching products in a vehicle and humans like those gains, there is a measurable gain in enjoyment when a system 'looks like it goes together'.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:00 PM
I dont really see my comment as being a blatant. Ya I think it looks cool that my amps match but Im not going to cheap out on any part of my system just to make it look pretty.

I mean unless you have 2 blue amp 4 red speakers and a green head unit, Id imagine you could make everything look like it goes together.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:55 PM
To me brand matching is only needed in amps. You want your amps to look the same. mismatching amps couldn't make a system look more amateur and half assed than most things you can do. Obviously your crossovers, if on display, will match each other. And if you want the brands on those to match your amps, so be it... Rainbow makes good speakers AND amps, DLS makes good speakers AND amps, etc... MAYBE EVEN subs if it's a car you show off and really want all the visible things to match....But to brand match to your head unit, sub, speakers, amps?? You are limiting yourself to Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood, Eclipse, and maybe Clarion? Yuck.. Sorry I don't want speakers from any of those brands, nor their subs, in my car.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:56 PM
I love JVC speakers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:10 PM
Of course you do.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:48 AM
i gotta agree brand matching just limits the outcome of your system to much. how many people brand purchase there motor parts or interior parts. not many. i do agree you need some of the same for a clean look mismatching amps two diffrent subs etc. but as far as cosmetics go headunit is generally in a diffrent spot then the amps and most manufacturers don't build them to match individual amp or speaker lines anyway so there isnt much matching to do with that other then the little tiny name on the faceplate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, March 04, 2011 1:04 PM
Hopefully ordering myself some slc's soon and my. Fancy custom little boxes will be done soon. Figured I'd bump my thread for that.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 8:35 AM
you got a pm sir

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:12 PM
ok jl, you have no idea how much this pains me, but i need some nice components, hook a brotha up? lol

seriously tho, very interested in some nice comps let me know what you can do for me, need to be able to take a 100.4 sundown with ease, looking for one set, maybe 2 for the front only, will be glassed into my doors, will also have an E-8 for a midrange in the door (kinda gotta go that route seeing as sundown is my brand) so i was thinking maybe a nice 5 1/4 with a 1 inch tweet or how ever it will work out best let me know, as you so blatantly point out every time i post on how much i dont know about sq, please school me and help me get what i want, and no, i wont budge ont he E-8 in the door or kick, sorry...

click sig for my car audio videos
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:34 PM
PM me again, but include a budget and more details on what they will be used for primarily and all that. I might tear you up sometimes, and sometimes we get at each other, but I'm not going to just NOT help you when you ask.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:43 PM
pm'd lets make a deal

click sig for my car audio videos
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search