Anyone here actually interested in high end audio? - Page 4 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Anyone here actually interested in high end audio?
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 8:53 AM
so you want to run a sundown midrange speaker in the door along with a rainbow componet set?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:03 AM
Sounds that way. I get very nice midbass response out of mine. I think the 8 seems to be a bit much........ I mean unless youre trying to get midbass integration with a 3000 watt system. Even then it doubt itll happen.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:19 AM
He explained to me that he wants to put the 8's up front for dedicated midbass and I can't talk him out of it. The cool thing is, Rainbow makes a component set with a crossover/mid designed exactly for that!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:14 AM
I thought they did. I could do 8s just for the shock and awe factor. Maybe thats what hes going for I guess.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:28 AM
I get great midbass out of my 6 1/2's, but I don't know. It's Anton. I had contemplated putting an 8 up front but it's going to do nothing for me at this point. I'd put 2 good component sets up front, bridge his 4 channel and be done with it.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 12:20 PM
welcome okay i can understand a dedicated midbass since i run my setups like that. but he was saying midrange which was throwing me. if he goes with 8's in the doors which will take allot of work do to how weak our doors are. and a componet set in the kicks he could have decent results. he will just have to find a way to crossover the midbass properly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 2:02 PM
well idk if i wanna put anything int he kick panel, i will be reinforcing the door skns and such to have them hold all the weight. but can i put all this in the doors (i know it will physically fit but will it be not good for sound)?

and yes, a sundown 100.4 will use the front channel for the component set and use the rear channels for the e-8s, i will be able to cross the 8s over that way as youc an use the 4 channel sundown to go active 2 way set up with no external processing needed. so i should be able to cross the 8s over no problem .

click sig for my car audio videos
Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:40 AM
so your amp can cut out the lows and the highs to the midbass driver?

8's and a componet set in the doors will cause you to have to likely run the componet setup pretty high meaning your going to have a huge distance between the left and right. the system will likely be heavily left sided and problaby have a poor left to right balance. you could use time alignment, but then your passenger side is going to sound horrible. kicks would be a much better option not to mention the work its goind to take just to get an 8 properly mounted properly and decently sealed up in the door. might be easier doing kicks for the 8's that are vented up into the dash so you dont risk cancellation.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:56 AM
You're going to have to do a ton of work with imaging as well Anton.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:02 AM
sndsgood wrote:so your amp can cut out the lows and the highs to the midbass driver?

8's and a componet set in the doors will cause you to have to likely run the componet setup pretty high meaning your going to have a huge distance between the left and right. the system will likely be heavily left sided and problaby have a poor left to right balance. you could use time alignment, but then your passenger side is going to sound horrible. kicks would be a much better option not to mention the work its goind to take just to get an 8 properly mounted properly and decently sealed up in the door. might be easier doing kicks for the 8's that are vented up into the dash so you dont risk cancellation.

Is there anything a sundown cant do? LOL
SUNDOWN 100.4

the reason for me not wanting to put stuff in the kick is i dont want some one bitching me out because i put 8s or comps int he kicks and saying that it alters my SPL score, remember i compete at a antional level, and in an org where people WILL say stupid @!#$ like that...

i really want to keep them in the doors, best way to do this?

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:15 AM
What about your 8's in the doors and the 6 1/2 components in the A pillar, or are they going to bitch about that too?

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:18 AM
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:What about your 8's in the doors and the 6 1/2 components in the A pillar, or are they going to bitch about that too?

most likely, just dont want to have to remove anything while i meter door is the safest spot for that

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:29 AM
X's in doors, comps in kicks, disconnect comps at the amp if they bitch. That's the easiest way :p

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:48 AM
no, they would bitch about the air displacement it take up in the kick area and say that they were disigned to increase the spl output of the car blah blah, i can see it now... just rather not have to go thru that head ache, and does those 8 inches of distance make that big of a difference?

Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:41 AM
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:no, they would bitch about the air displacement it take up in the kick area and say that they were disigned to increase the spl output of the car blah blah, i can see it now... just rather not have to go thru that head ache, and does those 8 inches of distance make that big of a difference?

Theyre just kick panels you could take them out in like 5 minutes before the competition.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:27 AM
Or if you do A pillar, another A pillar at a junkard is cheap. Disconnect, replace with OEM, win.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:11 PM
Either way. These cars are like legos. They come apart and go back together quick as fack.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:24 PM
true, but i dont wanna take my car apart to compete lol

fyi i compete once or twice a weekend, it would be worth not having components at all if i were to have to remove them at every show...

Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:39 PM
i have never had anyone say anything about my kicks at db drag events

Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:44 PM
Dammit, I posted in the wrong thread. Anyway

How the hell is having kicks any different than moving a box closer to the back of the car to horn load it?

This is ridiculous

Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:46 PM
I can see why theyd bitch. Moving the box retains the same airspace. I mean if his kicks were that obnoxious that they really affected airspace to a noticeable degree no one would be able to sit in or drive the car.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:54 PM
Yeah.... I don't see the issue with kicks that house components either, but he competes in "Midwest SPL" not db drag etc etc from what I remember... Midwest SPL people don't go by the same rules, or even mentality as the official people.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:15 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Yeah.... I don't see the issue with kicks that house components either, but he competes in "Midwest SPL" not db drag etc etc from what I remember... Midwest SPL people don't go by the same rules, or even mentality as the official people.

so true! lol people in mw spl will bitch untillt here is no tomorrow about dumb little things so "they" can be the winners lol... just get loud or go home imo, but i was told by a judge that if i built kick panel pods for an 8 that it "may" need ot be removed for metering... not willing to go thru all that work to have to remove them all the time...

Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:18 PM
Lemme say it again, without sounding like too much of an ass.... COMPONENTS GO IN THE KICKS, KICKS STAY SMALL, 8'S GO IN THE DOORS.

That's how it should be done.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:32 PM
Fack. I could have my QLogic kicks out in under 5 minutes using a screw driver and nothing else. I think they were under a half foot of cubic space apiece. If someone is going to bitch about that then all hope is lost.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search