ECOtec non-supercharged intake manifold!! - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: ECOtec non-supercharged intake manifold!!
Friday, November 21, 2008 11:23 AM
I could weld a small extension to the throttle body by request.

Friday, November 21, 2008 2:40 PM
Damn, this is making me want to toss a turbo on my car.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 6:02 AM
GORGEOUS!!! I'm green with envy that the eco crowd gets so much love...

ZZZZZZZ
Sunday, November 23, 2008 6:32 AM
man. u guys are so close to me 2.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Sunday, November 23, 2008 8:53 AM
Looks good. What are you doing so people can use that throttle body? The way you have it mounted the TB rotates the opposite direction as the stock eco TB.

Just thought it was worth pointing out...

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Sunday, November 23, 2008 12:08 PM
Unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done to adjust the location of the throttle body, so something along these lines would need to run for a cable extender...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWERMADD-THROTTLE-CABLE-EXTENSION-KIT_W0QQitemZ310024923619QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSnowmobile_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116
Friday, November 28, 2008 2:53 PM
Or you could turn the entire t.b. and have the throttle cable coming in from the top and not need anything...

Excuse the beer lol it was a long night. That's a stock bracket just modified to fit.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Friday, November 28, 2008 4:14 PM
Skunk wrote:Or you could turn the entire t.b. and have the throttle cable coming in from the top and not need anything...

Excuse the beer lol it was a long night. That's a stock bracket just modified to fit.

Thats bud light..not beer
Friday, November 28, 2008 8:35 PM
Philly D wrote:Thats bud light..not beer

Not a heavy drink, nor have I ever made the claim. One of those Canadian brews would probably give me quite the buzz lol.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 5:11 PM
would these manifolds add any extra horsepower to a light boosted car lets say around 6-10 PSI 160-200ish hp car or are these manifolds for high horsepower engines for better flow with turbos pushing alot of CFM? what kinda of gains would one see for a mild setup???
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 8:37 PM
They'll show power gains on any setup really even non-boosted setups. On a mild setup you could expect 5-15hp gain. Gains will improve as boost increases.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 3:07 PM
Here is two more intakes awaiting shipment.... Powder coated to custom colors requested by purchasers. These are both the smaller 260 sq in collectors which are still actually pretty big!

If anyone notices that they are backwards to each other there is a reason for that, the silver one is actually for a custom RWD setup where the throttle body will be facing the front of the engine! Enjoy!
Friday, December 05, 2008 11:59 AM
Vulcan,

What is the plenum size of the LD9 intake manifold vs the Ecotec ???

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LD9 for Life
Friday, December 05, 2008 1:03 PM
Actually the LD9 uses the same 260cu in / 307cu in plenum as the ecotec engine... that one we made pictures was from about 2 months ago and an experimental design. The final design is nearly identical to the ecotec.
Monday, December 08, 2008 10:10 AM
waiting for dyno #s...

Monday, December 08, 2008 1:12 PM
Me too... haha
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 7:04 PM
some on ebay already. go get em!

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 9:49 PM
yeah... I will be the one doing the turbo dyno for those who question or have any doubts about this intake... and I do NOT see a problem exceeding 35whp gains easy over the stock manifold on a turbo setup... and i plan on proving this to all of you... and i am honestly thinking more along the lines of 50whp... give me until January 2nd and i will post the numbers...

...I am the BEST at what I do...
"I guess your right[BlueBoost]. Me and my slow car are failers."

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 11:19 PM
10-4 i do have one listing on ebay for the manifolds to reach out to those who dont use forums like this... actually sold some already on there, one guy is putting the RWD ecotec from a solstice into a 1965 sunbeam and picked up one, had a few custom specs he wanted but basically same design (silver one pictured). Im not sure exactly what gains will be , i think 50whp is a little high if on a stock setup, it would be possible to gain 50 on a heavy boosted car though.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:40 AM
I don't think our stock intakes restrict that much.

50+ gain would be in my opinion a little much

But like I said waiting...

Vulcan you gots PM

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:51 AM
I think Vulcan should dyno this local to them...

there has to be some shops in southern WI...

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:54 PM
Theres really only two shops around that do dynoing that i trust.... dynotuned performance in madison and bourchards speedshop in milwaukee. Bourchards is slow at getting back about getting on the dyno, they mainly do old V8s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:54 PM
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:56 PM
Hmmmm... haters already.... okay slugger well what is the average for whp on a stock L61 withy a stock intake manifold on 5.5 lbs and a GM reflash? 205whp maybe if you are lucky right.... my friend was on 7 psi with the stock manifold and made 208 whp.... and I was on 5.5 lbs at the time and i made 255whp.... I also had waaayyy more torque when you really need it and the torque does not fall off like on the stock manifold... i held 205wtq at 6400rpm and thats with the 2.4 ecotec manifold.... so correct me if I am wrong but that alone is almost a 50whp gain with less boost from a higher flowing intake manifold... but what do i know... so YES the stock intake manifold is very restrictive... GM claims that it is good to 500hp but i have never seen a 500hp L61 with the stock intake manifold.... have you? and if you want dyno proof CALL UMS TUNING in Tempe, AZ (480)446-8863 just wait until the 2nd....

...I am the BEST at what I do...
"I guess your right[BlueBoost]. Me and my slow car are failers."

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:45 PM
I would like to see results...that would deff. make me want to purchase one.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:56 PM
Aaron are those your dyno results after the install?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search