Josh's Turbo header, Down pipe and Exhaust build - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Josh's Turbo header, Down pipe and Exhaust build
Saturday, May 30, 2009 9:10 AM
I saw this thing in person yesterday...WHAT AN AMAZING PIECE OF WORK! After looking at some of the stuff in that shop and just watching Adam work, and helping out a little bit on the eco header that he and I are working on, I will buy ANYTHING that he sells, no matter the cost. His workmanship and attention to detail is amazing!

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Friday, June 05, 2009 12:48 PM
You got the gate!

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Saturday, June 06, 2009 2:00 PM
Got the second gate. The sparks shall continue to fly again on this project!

Atomic Fabrications
Full race and street car fabrication shop.
www.AtomicFabrications.com

Sunday, June 07, 2009 7:09 AM
Adam kinda showed me the plan for the dual gates...that's going to look so sick.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 1:28 PM
Couple teasers!

Ill be on this for the rest of tonight and all tomorrow till about 3pm. Stay tuned for a big update

Atomic Fabrications

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 1:36 PM
Nice, but whats the purpose of 2 wastegates? I have no clue lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, June 09, 2009 3:12 PM
high and low boost settings. better control of boost

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 4:41 PM
With a true scroll mani/turbine needs 2 because if you only had one it would negate the benefits of having a scroll manifold. Like Matt said it is used to better control boost. Since the runners are completely split(in to halfs), using only one would be like trying to regulate the boost with only being able to control half the flow going in to the turbo. Which if its like my gt35, it wont work too well! haha

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 5:06 PM
Ahhh ok, yea i didnt realize this mani was scroll, doohh lol. Thanks guys

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, June 09, 2009 5:31 PM
Right, as stated, it's due to the twin scroll. You can actually run a single gate on a twin scroll setup but you will loose most of the advantage of the twin scrolls when doing at. The concept behind twin scroll is that the exhaust gas pulses are used to help spool up the turbo. When a single gate is used it allows a connection between the two scrolls before the exit of the turbine. This connection(the wastegate inlet tube) will allow pressure to be equalized between the two runners prior to the exit of the turbine and will negate most all positive effects possible with the enhancement of the twin scroll setup.

So the key here is that with two gates you can actually achieve different pressures between the two runners independently of the other.

Hope that helps.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Tuesday, June 09, 2009 5:41 PM
When you exlained how you were doing it, I was thinking...damn that's gonna look good, just from the teasers...yeah it does.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 2:09 PM
Matt Gorman(ECOjunkk) wrote:high and low boost settings. better control of boost

A true twin scroll setup with two wastegates is not at all for better control of boost. It actually brings on the boost much faster, about as much increase in boost response as a journal bearing to ball bearing. This setup being a BB turbo and a TS setup will be a spool monster. This is also why I'm looking towards going for the GT37/40R(similar footprint to the 35R) since this setup will benefit greatly from it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:14 PM

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:09 PM
Wow, this is gonna look incredible.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 4:32 PM
Seriously can't wait to see an update!

Monday, June 15, 2009 7:39 AM
Got a couple hrs in on the DP and dumps sat night. Theres a lot more pics of the final welded header and a few more of the down pipe. Apparently they didn't transfer from my camera to my computer yesterday so ill have to post the rest up tomorrow night. At least its a little something to look at

Atomic Fabrications

Monday, June 15, 2009 8:04 AM
very nice makes me wish i won the lottery! id ditch my saab setup lol

Monday, June 15, 2009 8:53 AM
very nice

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, June 15, 2009 9:22 AM
cavipower1 wrote:very nice makes me wish i won the lottery! id ditch my saab setup lol

LOL...you almost have too. I really wasn't feeling on buying that second gate....that sucked. It will be nice when it's all done tho. Sad thing about it tho is that I found out today I will be moving in the next month and I will end up being delayed quite a bit on the install...booo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 15, 2009 9:51 AM

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:10 PM
^This was not meant to sound caddy at all or reflect Adams prices. Adams prices are very very good and the work he does is of the best I've seen. It's just the hardware that really gets spendy.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:26 PM
Lol I don't think anyone would take it wrong, you gotta pay good money for good parts lol the saab setup is good quality parts its just waaaaay cheaper than ur setup lol I pieced got my car boosted on the saab setup for 600 dollars! I wouldn't mine having a manifold made with a t3 flange and just change my turbo and manifold and keep the rest of my setup the same

Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:04 PM
Any updates?

Friday, June 26, 2009 5:25 AM
Josh call me or PM me your number I should be able to help/discuse sat.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:25 AM
The little brown truck will be dropping off ALL of my parts today......pics to follow later tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:27 AM

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:58 PM
boner.

I must confess... I feel like a monster!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:54 PM
Its later...

haha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search